6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Got waxed already!....by a 6th gen

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003, 10:48 PM

Got waxed already!....by a 6th gen

On the way home tonight I went past Peachtree Nissan in Chamblee, GA. Stopped at the red light an wouldn't you know it, a salesman pulls up next to me in a Six. I rolled down the window to ask him a few questions. He said torgue was a little better at low end than the 03'. I asked if he would punch it an I would try an keep up in my 01'max-SE to see the quickness. In my mind I didn't want to get too embarrased .

Well the light turned green an I took off in my auto on a good rev knowing I would prolly be seeing tailights at any second. I think I stayed even for a few seconds before I saw tailights. We got up around 60 to 65 before braking for the next light. I loss by a good car length....enough to see the tailights....which is what I expected. Anyway he appreciated the run. He told me to come by on this weekend to test drive it on my own. He said that they have a red one on the front of the dealership. The car does look big. Well, some runs you don't mind losing....Heck I knew I'd see tailights anyway because I have no Mods at all....hehehe!
Old 03-13-2003, 07:15 PM

Re: Got waxed already!....by a 6th gen

Originally posted by i•maxx
On the way home tonight I went past Peachtree Nissan in Chamblee, GA. Stopped at the red light an wouldn't you know it, a salesman pulls up next to me in a Six. I rolled down the window to ask him a few questions. He said torgue was a little better at low end than the 03'. I asked if he would punch it an I would try an keep up in my 01'max-SE to see the quickness. In my mind I didn't want to get too embarrased .

Well the light turned green an I took off in my auto on a good rev knowing I would prolly be seeing tailights at any second. I think I stayed even for a few seconds before I saw tailights. We got up around 60 to 65 before braking for the next light. I loss by a good car length....enough to see the tailights....which is what I expected. Anyway he appreciated the run. He told me to come by on this weekend to test drive it on my own. He said that they have a red one on the front of the dealership. The car does look big. Well, some runs you don't mind losing....Heck I knew I'd see tailights anyway because I have no Mods at all....hehehe!
I drove it last night and I didnt see a difference in th low end vs an 02/03 with compareable mileage. My wife said the same and she drives a 350 and me an 03.