6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Has anyone noticed.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 06:51 AM

Has anyone noticed.....

Hey, has anyone noticed that they don't have the SuperBlack color that us 4th and 5th geners has come to love... they now have onyx or whatever its called... i mean... even the 350Z has SuperBlack. I mean even most of us wouldnt be able to tell the difference but, when you look at the two's picture on the Nissan website, it appears that the 350Z is a bit more mettalicy. It might just be me, and I might just be nit picking but I'd rather tell people that I have a SuperBlack Max than a Onyx Max... I mean c'mon.... Don't get me wrong I think that the black looks awsome on the max nomatter what. And in my opinion, I think that Nissan should offer the same colors as the 350Z, that would look real hot. And would seperate the Max and the Altima even more. Just imagine seeing a stock 2004 Max with Redline, or Daytona Blue!!!! That would be a dream come true.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:13 AM

Re: Has anyone noticed.....

if u dont like the word Onyx, just call it black

Originally posted by BlackBlur
Hey, has anyone noticed that they don't have the SuperBlack color that us 4th and 5th geners has come to love... they now have onyx or whatever its called... i mean... even the 350Z has SuperBlack. I mean even most of us wouldnt be able to tell the difference but, when you look at the two's picture on the Nissan website, it appears that the 350Z is a bit more mettalicy. It might just be me, and I might just be nit picking but I'd rather tell people that I have a SuperBlack Max than a Onyx Max... I mean c'mon.... Don't get me wrong I think that the black looks awsome on the max nomatter what. And in my opinion, I think that Nissan should offer the same colors as the 350Z, that would look real hot. And would seperate the Max and the Altima even more. Just imagine seeing a stock 2004 Max with Redline, or Daytona Blue!!!! That would be a dream come true.
Old 03-23-2003, 08:18 AM

Same color.....

Nissan changed the "names" of many of the colors for '04. However they are actually the same colors as prior years!

The color code for both Super Black and Onyx is KH3. Therefore, they are in fact the same color.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:58 PM

plus keep in mind this is the st year for the 6th gen Maxima Nissan has to save something for the rest of the production cycle of the 6th gen.