6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Volunteers to help your 5th gen brothers and sisters?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 10:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Volunteers to help your 5th gen brothers and sisters?

The major (power) limiting factor to the 2k2/2k3 VQ 35 is the intake manifold. In fact, it is the only major difference between the engines of the Z and the max. From What I've heard, you guys have a better flowing intake plenum.

I'm still collecting info on this, but what I'm asking for is someone willing to let us swap out our intake manifold for yours for a few hours. We need to see first, if it fits, then if the computer responds well to it. Then finally, if it makes more power.

This is a rather large project, and I don't know if it would void the warranty. I doubt that any Nissan dealer would ever know the difference once you're swapped back.

If you can do this, please post your location so we can find someone in your area to get this done.

For now this plan is wishy washy, but details will obviously be hammered out and agreed upon between the participating parties.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Old 03-21-2003, 10:59 AM

I doubt anyone would want to use their new car as a donor....lol
They would have to be a DIE HARD enthusist!!

Any Volenteers...
Old 03-21-2003, 11:07 AM

Die Hards are just who we're looking for.
Old 03-21-2003, 11:39 AM

Re: Volunteers to help your 5th gen brothers and sisters?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by McDisneySoft
[B]The major (power) limiting factor to the 2k2/2k3 VQ 35 is the intake manifold. In fact, it is the only major difference between the engines of the Z and the max. From What I've heard, you guys have a better flowing intake plenum.

I'm still collecting info on this, but what I'm asking for is someone willing to let us swap out our intake manifold for yours for a few hours. We need to see first, if it fits, then if the computer responds well to it. Then finally, if it makes more power.

This is a rather large project, and I don't know if it would void the warranty. I doubt that any Nissan dealer would ever know the difference once you're swapped back.

If you can do this, please post your location so we can find someone in your area to get this done.

For now this plan is wishy washy, but details will obviously be hammered out and agreed upon between the participating parties.

YEA right........ brand new car and you want someone to let you take apart the engine.. good luck
Old 03-21-2003, 11:49 AM

Well as it stands now, all I see is opposition (and from gen V guys...)

Fine, I'll work on an incentive to do it.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:47 PM

Re: Re: Volunteers to help your 5th gen brothers and sisters?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JAKE02
[B]
Originally posted by McDisneySoft
The major (power) limiting factor to the 2k2/2k3 VQ 35 is the intake manifold. In fact, it is the only major difference between the engines of the Z and the max. From What I've heard, you guys have a better flowing intake plenum.

YEA right........ brand new car and you want someone to let you take apart the engine.. good luck
Your right man no ones going to give up their new Max to possibly be disected! Go rent one from Enterprise and try it!
Old 03-21-2003, 03:15 PM

'cept they might miss their car too much and want their intake manifold back!

Originally posted by McDisneySoft
Die Hards are just who we're looking for.
Old 03-23-2003, 12:06 PM

I thought of renting, but just found out that the part number's are the same for the two manifolds. I guess I have to figure somthinig else out.
Old 03-23-2003, 07:00 PM

if this could work, I'd buy a 2k2-2k3 in a heart beat...the biggest problem is that getting a 6sp is almost impossible, almost every dealer in the area doesn' have a 6-sp....even if you don't get someone now, a year or so down the road you'll probably find someone.

K