6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

If you own a 6th Gen....

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2003, 09:22 PM

If you own a 6th Gen....

are you getting just a little tired of those that DON'T own one and even worse, haven't even seen or driven one expressing their "unbiased" opinion? Now that the car is out and there are owners surfacing, I'm of the opinion that the naysayers need to go "home" and leave this forum to those of that own the cars and desire to start sharing information about our cars with each other. As it stands, I can hardly "sift the wheat from the chaff" in this forum!

for those of you that don't own a 6th gen and are ONLY here to leave behind an uninformed opinion and/or negative one, think twice, ok? I'm not trashing your previous generation Max and I don't appreciate you trashing mine. It was one thing to banter back and forth before the car came out and there was nothing but speculation. But I think it is time to move on and allow this forum to become the "owners" forum and to serve those that are considering the 6th gen...seriously. Is there some agreement out there on this issue or am I making too much of a deal? Maybe I'm just tired...but skimming most of these threads has kind of ticked me off just a bit!!!
srm
Old 03-30-2003, 07:02 AM

I am in agreement, I think the I like, I dont like bit is getting old now, we need to have this fourm to give advise or talk about our experiences in our new max, not bash it. GREAT POST Maxmann
Old 03-30-2003, 07:19 AM

Ditto.

-Ed
Old 03-30-2003, 07:27 AM

Can people who are waiting for their maxima to come in post?
Old 03-30-2003, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by TheSaCK
Can people who are waiting for their maxima to come in post?
Of course! We're just getting tired of the nonsense and speculation. Speculation time is over, it is here, we own it, now it is time to move on!!!

Anyone is welcome to ask reasonable questions; we're just tired of th bantering.

srm
Old 04-01-2003, 07:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

In full agreement with Maxmann, let the serious discussions begin...
Old 04-01-2003, 12:18 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

well you are driving a new car, newly redesigned. can't have everyone love it from the start. look at the 4th/5th gen. when they 1st came out people did not like them..but eventually it grew on them.

most of these post on here are months and months old...before the 6th gen even came out. do you expect us to deleted the entire content because they are now on the road?

the more of you 6th gen owners out there get their cars there will be more "useful" posts and not speculation posts.

members have every right to state their opinion (within the user agreement). you can accept it or leave it as is.
Old 04-03-2003, 10:03 PM

Originally posted by DanNY
well you are driving a new car, newly redesigned. can't have everyone love it from the start. look at the 4th/5th gen. when they 1st came out people did not like them..but eventually it grew on them.

most of these post on here are months and months old...before the 6th gen even came out. do you expect us to deleted the entire content because they are now on the road?

the more of you 6th gen owners out there get their cars there will be more "useful" posts and not speculation posts.

members have every right to state their opinion (within the user agreement). you can accept it or leave it as is.
You missed the point, but that's ok. You can accept it or leave it as is, too. After all, you are the bitter moderator, not me.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:30 AM
wat

Yeah, once you actually see the car inperson and sit in it, you like it even more! Really, I think the only flaw is the grill, But everything else looks amazing!
Old 04-05-2003, 11:19 PM

Re: If you own a 6th Gen....

Woaaahh!!! Cuz, just relax and enjoy your new Max. Everyone will follow.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:53 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have posted on this forum to get information to help me decide if I should trade in my '00 or wait a little longer. I appreciate the responses. Congrats on owning a new Max, but, respectfully, you sound a little like somebody that doesn't want share his toy. Over time most of the post will be by owners just be patient. Peace
Old 04-07-2003, 03:31 AM

I actually like it....

Originally posted by BlueC
Yeah, once you actually see the car inperson and sit in it, you like it even more! Really, I think the only flaw is the grill, But everything else looks amazing!
I guess I'm the only one who doesn't hate the grille!

When I first saw pics of the car, I wasn't sure bout the grille, but in person its not bad at all... it's a radical, "push the envelope" departure from common everyday styles... just as the rest of the 6th gen Max!
Old 04-07-2003, 09:39 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Re: If you own a 6th Gen....

Originally posted by Maxmann
are you getting just a little tired of those that DON'T own one and even worse, haven't even seen or driven one expressing their "unbiased" opinion?
Why isn't seeing pictures enough to base an opinion?
Old 04-07-2003, 11:30 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: If you own a 6th Gen....

Originally posted by NickStam

Didnt you read his post? If you dont own a 6th gen you are not allowed to state your opinion.
Old 04-08-2003, 03:03 AM

Well...

Originally posted by NickStam

...because the opinion may be falsely judgemental!

Many things in life look very different when viewed up close and personal, rather than in pictures.
Old 04-08-2003, 05:33 AM

AND WHY NOT??
Just because someone talks smack about my 4th gen doesn't mean nothing.
It's just an opinion. Don't let it smash your EGO
Everyone is allowed to put their .02$ on the table.
It's a free country, constructive criticism happens all the time.
You don't have to own it to talk about it.
Unless the 6th Gens come with a special permit that all the nonowners don't have.
Old 04-08-2003, 10:37 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bought one last week...

and love it. I wanted a bigger car (having previously owned an SUV) and wanted performance. All other cars I looked at- Passat V6, IS300, A4- either were too crammed for my liking, or didn't deliver the goods under the hood. And believe it or not- I like the look more than the others- which seemed to me too understated given the sporty nature of these sedans.
Old 04-09-2003, 01:28 PM
Maxima95Tuner

This thread reminds me of "attack of the newbs"