6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Bose & CD Display Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 05:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Bose & CD Display Question

I have the premium Bose System on my 04, but a setting is driving me nuts. You have a setting to view CD Track Number, Track Title or Disc Title. All I can get is Track number. I have tried it with numerous discs but to no avail. I can see the info when I play these CDs on my computer, so I wonder what's up? I sent a question to BOSE and they referred me to Clarion... Also sent an email to Nissan but have not heard back. Any ideas? Does yours work?
Old 05-05-2003, 05:53 PM

Mine works, but in the beginning for some reason it worked for a song but then went back, but now it works all the time, I dont know what I could have done differently. And I often use my Ipod in my car so the CD text is not the big of a deal to me at the moment.
Old 05-05-2003, 06:32 PM

Re: Bose & CD Display Question

Originally posted by maduro_1
I have the premium Bose System on my 04, but a setting is driving me nuts. You have a setting to view CD Track Number, Track Title or Disc Title. All I can get is Track number. I have tried it with numerous discs but to no avail. I can see the info when I play these CDs on my computer, so I wonder what's up? I sent a question to BOSE and they referred me to Clarion... Also sent an email to Nissan but have not heard back. Any ideas? Does yours work?
First you must realize that all CD(s) are not encoded with CD text. Those that are will display the information on your screen. CD(s) that you burn yourself with the CD text feature enabled will display information on your screen in the car also. Please note that your burner must have the CD text feature for this to work. For CD(s) that are not encoded with CD text that are played on your computer via Musicmatch for example, will activate Freedb.org from the internet and extract the information from their database and display it on your computer. Most of my "authentic" CD (s) do not have CD text and therefore the track number only shows. But all of my CD(s) that I burned myself show information on the screen. Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2003, 08:42 PM

Re: Re: Bose & CD Display Question

Originally posted by LDLDL

First you must realize that all CD(s) are not encoded with CD text. Those that are will display the information on your screen. CD(s) that you burn yourself with the CD text feature enabled will display information on your screen in the car also. Please note that your burner must have the CD text feature for this to work. For CD(s) that are not encoded with CD text that are played on your computer via Musicmatch for example, will activate Freedb.org from the internet and extract the information from their database and display it on your computer. Most of my "authentic" CD (s) do not have CD text and therefore the track number only shows. But all of my CD(s) that I burned myself show information on the screen. Hope this helps.
What he said... it has only worked for me with CDs that I have burned myself. I have tried a lot of other CDs, and none of them are CD text encoded.
Old 05-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: Re: Re: Bose & CD Display Question

Thanks Folks!
Old 05-09-2003, 02:02 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Now when you have CD text on your CD...does it stay on that setting? Because I can see the text for a few seconds...then it goes back to the track number.
RiceRocketJockey
Old 05-09-2003, 04:44 AM

Originally posted by ricerocketjocke
Now when you have CD text on your CD...does it stay on that setting? Because I can see the text for a few seconds...then it goes back to the track number.
RiceRocketJockey
While the CD is playing, you must push the tuning **** until you see "Display Mode". Turn the **** to the setting you want to display at all times. ie: disc title, track title, etc.
Hope this helps.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:05 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Thanks LDLDL. I'll try it out!!
RiceRocketJockey