6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Maxima JMS Grille Now Available (Pictures Inside)

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2003, 09:35 AM

2004 Maxima JMS Grille Now Available (Pictures Inside)

Well, after a long wait, my '04 Max was test-fitted for a new grille. JMS Products Inc. and myself formed and created a new front grille for the '04 Max. Pictures are available on their web-site located at:

http://www.jmsproductsinc.com/

Click on products and scroll down near the bottom. Click on the thumbnails to see better pictures of the grilles.

I took pictures as well, but I forgot to bring the cable that links up the camera to the PC. I'm picking it up tomorrow and will post pictures when I get internet access.

Here are direct links to the pictures (that may not work later on):

JMS Offical Picture #1
JMS Official Picture #2
My Pictures

I am working on Photoshopping a logo onto the center of the JMS grilles and will post it on my page when I get it done.

Pricing is available on their web-site.

Fitment is much better than the previous Maxima grilles, as this grille uses the factory mounting locations. The plastic tabs that hold in the factory grille are not strong enough to hold the grille in place, so screws/bolts are provided to use in the factory mounting locations. The bolts will use the factory holes, and will not require any cutting, modification, etc to the car or the factory grille.

Different materials are available:

1/2" Diamond Cut Aluminum (what is pictured)
5/16" Diamond Cut Aluminum
Honeycomb Cut Aluminum
Other patterns are available, but call for info.

Their contact number is 703-793-2779. You can place an order at any time. Contact them for more information.

Post thoughts, comments, etc here.
Old 05-10-2003, 10:06 AM
henock

theres a little gap at the bottom, middle. but i like it

just needs some polishing up

Old 05-10-2003, 10:27 AM

The gap at the bottom is acutally a flaw of the pictures. We had to take them at a certain angle so the design wouldn't distort. On the grille, the gap is not there. There is a little dip that extands down in the center section of the grille, but isn't noticable from an overhead shot. Only a front shot at ground level will show it, but those shots distort the look of the holes in the grille.
Old 05-10-2003, 11:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

the new grille is nice - a vast improvement over the ugly stock one. perhaps try the grille in flat black, as well, with the nissan hamburger emblem in the middle. like on the 4th gen.

you have a good product.
Old 05-10-2003, 05:48 PM

Two Thumbs Up!!
Old 05-10-2003, 07:39 PM
¿Hablas Español?

So now what do all the haters who said they wouldn't buy one just because of the grill say?
Old 05-10-2003, 09:29 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You have to be kidding!

That grill looks too plain. Paint it black and add a chrome Nissan logo maybe?
Old 05-10-2003, 11:20 PM

marmadogg,

you have reapeated what i said (?)

but they are not kidding. the grille is nice if you paint it black and add a logo.

i still would not own a sixth gen maxima. but it has hope, if modded a bit, for an "appreciate from a distance" sort of way. i am sure they will eventually turn up occasionally at tuner shows. as time gets by we will see more and more things done with them. they are still too new.
Old 05-11-2003, 06:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

?

Originally posted by bonzelite
marmadogg,

you have reapeated what i said (?)

but they are not kidding. the grille is nice if you paint it black and add a logo.

i still would not own a sixth gen maxima. but it has hope, if modded a bit, for an "appreciate from a distance" sort of way. i am sure they will eventually turn up occasionally at tuner shows. as time gets by we will see more and more things done with them. they are still too new.
I do not like the 5th gen but you would never find me talking badly about the 5th in this forum or the 5th gen forum. Why does anyone bother? I barely have enough free time to keep up with the 6th gen forum.

The grill I described looks uglier than the stock grill. I was trying to keep it positive. All the aftermarket grills I have seen thus far are horrible and make the car look worse.

Why do you or anyone else even bother? You should start a 6th gen haters forum so the same tired complaints will stop being recycled here.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:41 AM

Re: ?

Originally posted by marmadogg

I do not like the 5th gen but you would never find me talking badly about the 5th in this forum or the 5th gen forum. Why does anyone bother? I barely have enough free time to keep up with the 6th gen forum.

The grill I described looks uglier than the stock grill. I was trying to keep it positive. All the aftermarket grills I have seen thus far are horrible and make the car look worse.

Why do you or anyone else even bother? You should start a 6th gen haters forum so the same tired complaints will stop being recycled here.
i think that because the 6th gen is "controversial" and radical, the negative buzz is flying like sh*t hitting a fan. the 6th gen is new. when it gets older, the bashing may fade. and many may turn the other cheek. even i, an avid hater of the 6th gen, have grown to appreciate some of it's traits. i have stated on other hater posts of mine some good things about it. i give credit where it is due, typically. it does look cooler if it is slightly cosmetically modded. and the grille is a great start. the people who posted the aftermarket grille wanted an opinion. so i gave it. and it lead to general comments about the 6th gen. conversations just unfold as they do. the 6th gen looks better in person than in pictures, as it is not very photogenic from all angles. if you would never talk badly about the 5th gen, which to me has an ugly grille as well, then you are exercising your right to remain silent or polite. but i don't care about that when it is blatantly obvious that something is awry. like how ugly the stock grille is on the 5th and 6th gen. i have a 3rd gen, which, to me, is the best looking maxima made, and i sometimes think the tail lights, however nice, are too boring. and it is underpowered for it's chassis. into each life some rain must fall.
Old 05-11-2003, 08:04 PM

Grill option

I, too, did not like the grill. But it is growing on me. I AM an owner, and have recieved nothing but compliments, rubber-necking, etc.

This modified grill is not my piece of cake. I believe in sticking to stock. That grill has no character, "in My Opinion".
Old 05-11-2003, 10:08 PM

IMO that grill is not good looking at all. personally, i really like the grill in the other thread- looks sharp.
Old 05-11-2003, 11:59 PM

i saw a 6th gen the other day, the first one in person in a parking lot outside of a dealership. it was that neat looking nissan rusty orange metallic color. you know that color? and it looked cool-ish. the grille aside, the rear end of the car is pretty stout and sporty. the quad exhaust tips look very serious, as the rear is pretty good. and the SE elongated sunroof, which i have stared through in person at the dealership, is very innovative. i mean, i have gone out of my to see this car at length. and bashing aside, as i have done enough of that, the car is unique. perhaps it may have an identity crisis, perhaps not, but it is controversial insofar as it is a radical departure from what maxima enthusiasts are used to. this is why so many max addicts have mixed feelings. some feel they have been abandoned or alienated. so where to turn? to the new WRX? or what? our maxima has aged and now appeals to a more luxury-oriented buyer who is looking for a car that has sport heritage. gone is the slender 3rd or 4th gen physique. and, of course, that is all par for the course. for me the transition has not been easy to accept. and i have resorted to reactionary bashing of the car. however, i am not so myopic as to entirely dislike the machine. it is just that the negative comments land squarely and directly and perhaps overshadow the merit that is due for the 6th gen maxima.

i apologize if i have unduly insulted anyone.

long live our maxima.
Old 05-12-2003, 05:49 AM

Well I can understand 6th gen owners fustration with those that dis their car. I think they have the right to discuss their car with out people jacking every tread and turning it into... I don't like this or that about the 6th gen.

Can you imagine going to a tread targetted towards your car and there is a good discussion going on and all of a sudden the same 2 or 3 people come into the tread and next thing you know the tread is all of a sudden off topic. Yes we have a right to express our own opinion, but sometimes you need to be courteous of other people. Let them have there own Forum!!!! It's getting a bit redundant. Lets get back on topic.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:19 PM

Yes, Bonzelite. Black with a hamburger. Just gotta keep saying it until someone does it.
Old 05-12-2003, 02:24 PM

perrymaxima,

i just became vulnerable on the forum an offered a formal apology out of respect for all of our fellow nissan fans. but i don't mind off topic tangents, as conversations can do that. moreover, this is not off topic at all. this is real life. i feel that people are allowed to use their color crayons outside of the lines. i simply own up to my recent ranting, and i offer an appeal to those who do like their 6th gens to pardon my remarks that have ventured too far off into pure hating territory. i purport that i do not entirely hate the 6th gen. it is just a radical departure for me, and many other tuners/enthusiasts have the same hangup. however, i will continue to have a voice, as these forums are open to all types of opinions. this is not a 'feel good' forum anymore than it should turn into a hate-mongering one. and my visits to the 6th gen forums shape my ideas and tastes. i am open to consume all types of things - things i may not even like initially. typically, those are the things i should investigate further, as it indicates that there is something within myself that i need to fully reveal and explore. i like cars in general, the good bad and the ugly. and the 6th gen is attention-getting despite whatever it is to me. that alone is a statement (nissan is has been reinventing itself and they are making very risky choices, many of which are a hit).

back on topic, being an avid maxima lover, i would love to see the 6th gen with an alternative grille, and these people here have just that. and being design savvy, i offer further constructive criticism for their effort. they are on a great track with that product. and it needs further tweaking. they have the raw idea that needs to be fully baked. i am on this forum to offer something to 6th gen owners that can HELP them enhance their image. you should be happy i am on here. what use is it to simply always agree with everything just to keep things safe? complacency is the death knell to innovation. just as nissan motor co. put out the new maxima for all to see, like or hate or what have you, i further the dialogue by responding to this new aftermarket enhancement grille. and some owners are fine with their stock grilles. so they can ignore these ideas and ignore this new product. change the channel if you hate the program. because this car is new, i am interested in the nissan of the present-day. not just my niche interests. i can loiter around the 3rd gen forums all day but it is just rehash of the same sh*t i have already seen. i will not change, then, nor be able to talk about the new stuff if i shy away from it just because you dislike dissenting opinions.

long live the maxima.
Old 05-12-2003, 09:29 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

nice grill.
Old 05-13-2003, 11:37 AM

i am not feeling this grill...oh well, maybe the next one

i like the "chains" on the stock grille..but the middle portion just has to go....that's all! keep it simple
Old 05-13-2003, 03:08 PM

I Think a trenz billet grill with the big Altima Nissan logo would look much better.
Old 05-14-2003, 10:38 AM

Originally posted by optimus310
I Think a trenz billet grill with the big Altima Nissan logo would look much better.
i agree, the billet + logo is a good look

(from Trenz.com)
Old 05-14-2003, 10:42 AM

Originally posted by coffeeshark

(from Trenz.com)
Looks better than stock........
Old 05-16-2003, 12:36 AM

good photoshop job. it looks great. go and do it for real. it will enhance the whole car.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:00 AM
Banned

Originally posted by bonzelite
good photoshop job. it looks great. go and do it for real. it will enhance the whole car.
?
that's from the trenz website... look at the link...
Old 05-16-2003, 12:13 PM

Originally posted by coffeeshark

(from Trenz.com)
Now, if someone could please make that grille black. I think that would be the perfect grille
Old 05-16-2003, 12:55 PM

if everyone who likes that grill can go to Trenz.com and look in the Customer Corner, there is a 'new product suggestion' area. I've already sent in a suggestion for the billet + logo for the 04 Maxima. The more people that ask, the likelier (and faster) they'll produce.
Old 05-17-2003, 05:58 PM

i just shipped out two stock grilles for prototyping and fitment.

should have an other grille for the maxima soon. painting / powercoating/ with the hamburger, would do it for me!.