6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Yay!

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 07:37 PM

Yay!

Well, I ordered my black on black 2004 Maxima with elite package back in March, the 26th to be exact. I just today received it, and I must say I am thrilled. I'm loving it so far. I got a call right when it came in and they said, "we have some good news, some bad news, and then some good news again. The Goods news is we have your car. The bad news is they added the optional 900 dollar moonroof which you never ordered. The good news is we can't charge you for it since that's not the way you ordered it" - That got me pretty excited

I'll have to take some pics when I get time, I love it!
Black exterior, black interior, elite package, VDC, moonroof. I think that's every option that's offered
Old 06-14-2003, 07:50 PM

Nice!!! I have the exact same, except I have the Liquid Silver exterior... you are gunna love it! Congrats man!

Here are some pics of mine... I need to take new (and better) ones... I also had the dealer put a pinstripe on it... looks sharp!

http://homepage.mac.com/deeprave69/PhotoAlbum1.html

Check out the Pop-Charger link at the top too...
Old 06-14-2003, 08:21 PM

Nice, sounds like a good deal. Hey not all bad news is bad, some is good. As long as you like a power moonroof
Old 06-14-2003, 08:53 PM

Re: Yay!

Originally posted by Leopor
Well, I ordered my black on black 2004 Maxima with elite package back in March, the 26th to be exact. I just today received it, and I must say I am thrilled. I'm loving it so far. I got a call right when it came in and they said, "we have some good news, some bad news, and then some good news again. The Goods news is we have your car. The bad news is they added the optional 900 dollar moonroof which you never ordered. The good news is we can't charge you for it since that's not the way you ordered it" - That got me pretty excited

I'll have to take some pics when I get time, I love it!
Black exterior, black interior, elite package, VDC, moonroof. I think that's every option that's offered
That exactly the options I want, except in white! Did you get the SE? If you dont mind, whats the price they gave you for it?? Ill have something to go on...Thanks
Old 06-15-2003, 08:38 AM

Originally posted by 04EliteSE
Nice!!! I have the exact same, except I have the Liquid Silver exterior... you are gunna love it! Congrats man!

Here are some pics of mine... I need to take new (and better) ones... I also had the dealer put a pinstripe on it... looks sharp!

http://homepage.mac.com/deeprave69/PhotoAlbum1.html

Check out the Pop-Charger link at the top too...
04Elite! DO you have the frost interior or the black? My wife wants a white Max with Elite package but in Black leather (not an option-crap). SO we are kind of leaning towards the silver like yours with black leather interior! How do you like the bucket seats in the back, as i kind of think it gives it a much upscale appearence??

What color interior do you think looks better with white! The frost or the tan interior???

How much did you pay the car for if you dont mind???? I need a little ammo when I go make this deal....Man, these cars are sweet!
Old 06-15-2003, 10:50 AM

Yep, SE 5 speed auto. I ordered mine back in March though, when they first started making them, so I had to agree to pay the price of the car back then (kind of a sucky deal, but the only way it could be if I wanted that specific car to be ordered/built for me and only me :P)

I paid 34,000
You could probably get all of these options (MSRP 35,830 I think?) for around 32,000.
Old 06-15-2003, 08:15 PM

congrats - lol to tell you the truth, i would have been a bit upset, i'd rather have skyview than the real moonroof
Old 06-15-2003, 09:05 PM

Black leather interior in mine... the color looks a bit washed out in the pics because of the sun.

I LOVE the dual buckets in the back (and the rear sunshade that comes with that package)!!!!!

As for the white exterior, I would prefer the tan interior, but that's just me...

Sticker on mine was $35,980 (loaded with everything you can think of), but they sold it to me for $32g-something.. cant remember exactly. And I got a good trade-on for my 1999 Maxima SE so that helped.

Check Kelly Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com) and see what they give for invoice... print it out and bring it to the dealer.
Old 06-16-2003, 09:59 AM

Thanks 04Elite!! I will go for a price below 33G's then! By the way I like the Lexus GS400 in the forground!! I was thinking about the GS300 but at 42G's thats some Dough$$!

--How do you like the Navi system so far?
Old 06-16-2003, 10:08 AM

The navi system is the best thing ever. I love it.

The only part I found funny was, everytime you startup the car, you have to agree to a disclaimer type thing, saying that you won't pay more attention to the navigation system than you will the road while moving. If you don't agree to it everytime you turn the car on, the screen goes black in 1 minute, and you just push a button to turn the disclaimer screen back on.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:57 AM

I would like to see pics of the 2004 Maxima side by side with the lexus GS, I think the Maxima looks like it coulf be a cheaper alterative to the GS series!!!
Old 06-16-2003, 01:59 PM

Originally posted by Booyah
Thanks 04Elite!! I will go for a price below 33G's then! By the way I like the Lexus GS400 in the forground!! I was thinking about the GS300 but at 42G's thats some Dough$$!

--How do you like the Navi system so far?
Booya, I LOVE the Nav. system... now that I have it, I can't live without it!

The GS is fast, of course, but it sucks on the highway... it floats around worse than my Grandpa's Crown Vic!

Maybe I will take pics of them together... we will see if I ever get off my *** to take newer pics of the Max with the pinstripe first...
Old 06-17-2003, 05:58 PM

yey fellas I am very jealous but I will buy any of your cars in like 2-3 yrs for 15 grand mwahahaha sorry to rain on your parade
Old 06-17-2003, 06:30 PM
Moderator GT-R

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
yey fellas I am very jealous but I will buy any of your cars in like 2-3 yrs for 15 grand mwahahaha sorry to rain on your parade
You will be welcome to mine in two to three years. Don't worry about my parade. If it weren't for people who are willing to buy my old cars I'd be stuck with them. If I pay $30k for a new car, sell it in three years for $15k, my cost is $5k/year. Or $416/month plus interest. In my case it is $459.89/month for all the pure satisfaction of a new car vs. $400 - $500 for used car and the associated risk. I never ever want to pay off another car. I don't want to own another 5 year old car if it is going to be my daily driver. But that's just me.
Old 06-18-2003, 07:47 AM

Originally posted by Y2KMaxGXE-R
I treat cars like computers - if it's 3 years old, then it needs to be replaced (or my wife can drive it, either way).

You can have mine, sorry about the wear and tear of being 3 years old, the unknown maintenance record, the glitch in the navigation system you haven't found yet, the brake pads on the edge of being worn out, oh, you'll need to get the 35,000 mile service done, i forgot to, and that scratch on the interior bezel isn't noticeable until you catch it in the right light, and ....