6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

MSRP, Invoice for CDN 6th gen Max?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 07:19 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

MSRP, Invoice for CDN 6th gen Max?

Looking at the 4-seat SE in Canada--our MSRP is $38,700 for this beast...anybody know what the invoice is in Canada for this model? What have you Canuck Maxima guys been paying for your 6th gens???

Thanks in advance!
"SARS free in Ontario"
Old 06-04-2003, 11:09 PM

goto www.edmunds.com - they have invoice prices there
Old 06-06-2003, 06:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Edmunds don't help Canucks...

Thanks bro!

However, the Edmunds site only has US MSRP and invoice info...and as far as I know there is no CDN equivalent.

MSRPs don't even match up with the exchange rate--I guess the closest I could do would be to calculate the difference in US MSRP and invoice, convert that into CDN dollars, and subtract that fromt he CDN MSRP...but that's still sketchy...

Any1 have CDN invoice pricing in the Max?
Old 06-06-2003, 07:46 AM

have you tried calling a dealer? They are more than happy to give you that information, since they will try to pretend that they paid that amount for the car.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:26 AM

Here ya go: (prices in Canadian $)

3.5 SE 4-Seat:

1) 6sp. - $38,700
2) 6sp. / Navi - $42,100
3) Auto - $40,400
4) Auto / Navi - $43,800

Cheers,

Jaeger
Old 06-11-2003, 08:42 AM

wow, that is only like $15K American for a fully loaded Max.
Old 06-17-2003, 12:37 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by gmc74
wow, that is only like $15K American for a fully loaded Max.
Hello, I'm new to maxima.org. I appreiate all the interesting facts about the 2004 Maxima that I'm wating to get. I've been looking, test driving and talking to dealers and here's what I've heard. I'm surprised that no one has said anything about this. I searched through maxima.org but didn't find anything on this topic. I could be wrong....

I guess a few (or several weeks ago) 2,500 Maximas from Tennessee that were ready to be shipped were hit by a hail storm and damaged them all.

The dealers told me this has delayed the shipments (no wonder). This past weekend, a dealer here in Los Angeles area told me to wait until they ship the "damaged" Maximas because they're going to be discounted ($2k - $4K so he said). Although this particular Los Angeles dealer sent a rep to check out the damaged Maximas, they can't put a price on it until they received them and look at the closely. He also told me that these "damaged" Maximas will not have paint warranty since the dealers will be painting them and fixing them up as they sell it. They won't be getting them for a few weeks and I may wait to see how much they will discount them. I'm sure by then there will be more un-damaged Maximas so maybe the prices will drop.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has heard of this news.
Old 06-17-2003, 01:38 PM

Originally posted by tito

I guess a few (or several weeks ago) 2,500 Maximas from Tennessee that were ready to be shipped were hit by a hail storm and damaged them all.

The dealers told me this has delayed the shipments (no wonder). This past weekend, a dealer here in Los Angeles area told me to wait until they ship the "damaged" Maximas because they're going to be discounted ($2k - $4K so he said). Although this particular Los Angeles dealer sent a rep to check out the damaged Maximas, they can't put a price on it until they received them and look at the closely. He also told me that these "damaged" Maximas will not have paint warranty since the dealers will be painting them and fixing them up as they sell it. They won't be getting them for a few weeks and I may wait to see how much they will discount them. I'm sure by then there will be more un-damaged Maximas so maybe the prices will drop.

I'm curious to hear if anyone else has heard of this news.
here - check out the text on this auction, that will let you know some details about how the dealers are selling the hail-damaged cars...
auction link
Old 06-18-2003, 12:03 AM

Originally posted by coffeeshark

here - check out the text on this auction, that will let you know some details about how the dealers are selling the hail-damaged cars...
auction link
I ordered a 2004 SE 5 speed auto the first week of June and after reading your message about the hail-damaged cars, im worried about the maxima that I ordered will be the one that was hail damaged, just fixed up and sold to me. DO you think that might be a possibility or all of the hai-damaged cars have been auctioned off. I am thinking pulling off my order and holding for about a month or so just to make sure the manufacturing plant has gotten rod of the hail damged maximas. I just dont want to get one of those damaged cars fixed up and sold back to me.
Any advice for me? should i pull off my order or am i safe?
Old 06-18-2003, 09:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

The dealership in Los Angeles told me that they would have to disclose all (damage) information before selling it. If you ordered it, I wouldn't worry about it. It wouldn't hurt to call your dealer and ask. Personally, I think I'm going to wait a bit before buying my Maxima. For one thing, I'm hoping the prices will drop with increased inventory.

I drove by a dealer by my house who's selling the 04 Maximas + markup and they still have the four 04 Maximas (from two weeks ago) while other dealers who are wheeling and dealing can't keep them in their lot.