6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2004 Maxima Front Bra

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 02:18 PM

2004 Maxima Front Bra

Can anyone suggest / provide links to quality sellers of Front Bras for the 2004 Maxima SL.

BoomerangThree
Old 06-28-2003, 04:08 PM

Do you not like the Nissan version?
Old 06-28-2003, 04:24 PM

Originally posted by Maxmann
Do you not like the Nissan version?
Next time at the dealer I will take a look. In the meantime do you have a link with a picture. I couldn't locate one on the Nissan site.

Thanks for taking time to reply.
Old 06-28-2003, 05:05 PM

Here you go...this is our car:

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...17_36_full.jpg

I'm not sure if I copied the link right...let me know if it doesn't work, I'll just email a picture. This, and a couple others, are in my cardomain site.

srm
Old 06-28-2003, 06:53 PM

I'm not sure if I copied the link right...let me know if it doesn't work, I'll just email a picture. This, and a couple others, are in my cardomain site.

srm
Most excellent. Thanks alot for the assist...
Old 06-28-2003, 06:55 PM

Originally posted by BoomerangThree

Most excellent. Thanks alot for the assist...
Thanks...I've been in the midst of updating my cardomain site with new pictures as well as my profile and sig here on the forum this evening...long, long process...but I think I'm done. Hope having the visual helps. I bought mine blind...was surprised at the design at first, but I really do like it. good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

srm
Old 06-28-2003, 09:00 PM

i have a question. how long does the car wear the bra? long trips only, short trips around town? i just seen my friends cars get damaged by car bras and would like to know how to keep the car fresh.
Old 06-28-2003, 11:03 PM

Well, it's like this- you have to keep it clean, and you have to keep the front-end waxed and smooth as glass. As soon as the thing gets wet and/or dirty, take it off, clean it, and give it a rest. My cars typically wear the bras all the time. I can no longer use the entire kit on the 02 since I've installed the grill inserts (will figure a way to, though). I had one close call on the 03 Max (no longer have) because it got wet and was left on, but all turned out ok. You just have to be conscientious; mine do get wet occasionally and it's not big deal. You just don't want that to be the routine. Sometimes, just can't be helped.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:56 AM

well being that i live in nc and it rains about 4 times a week i probably shouldnt get one then. by rains i mean at least 24 hours straight at times.
Old 06-29-2003, 04:48 AM

srm
Interesting. When I ordered the Nissan nose mask here in Canada, they said it was only a hood cover and that's all I got. It cost about $90 CAD. The bottom piece is not available here. I checked the nissanusa.com site and indeed the available accessories show a complete nose mask. The Canadian site www.nissan.ca accessories page only shows the hood cover.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:11 AM

How about these sites for automotive paint protection films, it's worth the investment!! They are also called "clear bra / mask".

These sites also have FAQs and local installers information. Hope it helps.

http://cms.3m.com/cms/US/en/2-168/czrRFFU/view.jhtml

http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/default.asp

http://www.xpel.com/

http://www.invinca-shield.com/
Old 06-29-2003, 10:08 AM

Originally posted by ocuihs
How about these sites for automotive paint protection films, it's worth the investment!! They are also called "clear bra / mask".

These sites also have FAQs and local installers information. Hope it helps.

http://cms.3m.com/cms/US/en/2-168/czrRFFU/view.jhtml

http://www.stongard.com/sgcontent/default.asp

http://www.xpel.com/

http://www.invinca-shield.com/
Yes definately go with a clear bra........VS tradiional black bra......clear bra is maintenance-free no worrying about having to remove when wet, scratching paint etc.......it is more expensive but worth it.
Old 06-29-2003, 10:42 AM

Well, it's like this- you have to keep it clean, and you have to keep the front-end waxed and smooth as glass. As soon as the thing gets wet and/or dirty, take it off, clean it, and give it a rest. My cars typically wear the bras all the time. I can no longer use the entire kit on the 02 since I've installed the grill inserts (will figure a way to, though). I had one close call on the 03 Max (no longer have) because it got wet and was left on, but all turned out ok. You just have to be conscientious; mine do get wet occasionally and it's not big deal. You just don't want that to be the routine. Sometimes, just can't be helped.
I do the same with my cars.
Old 06-29-2003, 11:25 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You know, to be perfectly honest, I've never understood the philosophy for having a black bra on your car unless you spend a lot of time driving on gravel roads. You make the car look ugly so that it will look nice ... when? When you sell it? It seems like a case where the cure is worse than the disease.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by alpine205
You know, to be perfectly honest, I've never understood the philosophy for having a black bra on your car unless you spend a lot of time driving on gravel roads. You make the car look ugly so that it will look nice ... when? When you sell it? It seems like a case where the cure is worse than the disease.
You make a good point. I have a Nissan Pathfinder also and it has several small chips on the front from pebbles being thrown up from other vehicles, ect...

I just thought that putting a bra on my new Maxima might prevent this and a few years down the road I won't be looking at it and complaining about the dings.

BTW, my Maxima is black so a bra won't detract from the looks too much, but the clear bras really interest me...
Old 06-29-2003, 08:29 PM

Originally posted by alpine205
Couldnt agree with you more......
Old 06-29-2003, 09:09 PM

ditto...
Old 07-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Has anyone bought the clear bra for the 04 yet? If so, got any pics? If not, has anyone actually seen the clear bra before on a vehicle??? I was just on the expel web sight last night and I am thinking about getting one for my 4Runner.
Old 07-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Very sound, Mike

Get the Clearbra, it's rather pricey but definitely worth it.

I've seen this in person and honestly, unless you look at it closely you'd never know it was there.

I didn't get it because i couldn't justify spending $400 (quoted at the time i got my Max) for it - i ended up getting a $20 Carflector on E-Bay.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:47 PM

Originally posted by soundmike
Get the Clearbra, it's rather pricey but definitely worth it.

I've seen this in person and honestly, unless you look at it closely you'd never know it was there.

I didn't get it because i couldn't justify spending $400 (quoted at the time i got my Max) for it - i ended up getting a $20 Carflector on E-Bay.
I got the Xpel clear bra installed today (http://www.xpel.com). I'm pleased with the results - I didn't want to go with the traditional bra for reasons already mentioned here. I opted for the full kit - hood, front bumper, quarter panel, mirrors - as well as the headlight kit. It's practically transparent - you have to look *very* closely to tell it's there.
Old 07-05-2003, 09:49 PM

doesnt the clear bra pose the same problems as a black bra?
Old 07-05-2003, 10:46 PM

did you install it or did you have someone install it....and if somone installed it for you, about what price range did it cost, if you dont mind me asking
Old 07-06-2003, 04:58 AM

Originally posted by Asmitty
did you install it or did you have someone install it....and if somone installed it for you, about what price range did it cost, if you dont mind me asking
The clear bras don't pose some of the problems as the black bras do - you don't have to worry about removing it when it rains, it doesn't rub the paint off and damage the finish, and the paint beneath it stays the same color as the rest of the car. And it still performs the most desirable function - keeping stone chips and bugs from ruining the front of the car.

I had a local Xpel rep install it - if you price the kits on xpel.com, the total will be close to $700 if you wanted to try and do it yourself - mine was $575 installed, including the hood/mirror/quarterpanels, bumper and headlight kits. Definitely worth the cost to me.
Old 07-06-2003, 06:43 AM

Originally posted by bradshaw46

The clear bras don't pose some of the problems as the black bras do - you don't have to worry about removing it when it rains, it doesn't rub the paint off and damage the finish, and the paint beneath it stays the same color as the rest of the car. And it still performs the most desirable function - keeping stone chips and bugs from ruining the front of the car.

I had a local Xpel rep install it - if you price the kits on xpel.com, the total will be close to $700 if you wanted to try and do it yourself - mine was $575 installed, including the hood/mirror/quarterpanels, bumper and headlight kits. Definitely worth the cost to me.
What about labor and how long was the installation? Did you wait or drop it off for the install?

Prices from Xpel.com
----------------------
Hood/Fender/Mirror = $189.95
Bumper =$369.95
Headlight =$69.95
Total kit parts close to $630 and labor??
Old 07-06-2003, 03:17 PM

he said it cost him $575 installed (ie including labor)
Old 07-06-2003, 06:22 PM

Originally posted by ocuihs

What about labor and how long was the installation? Did you wait or drop it off for the install?

Prices from Xpel.com
----------------------
Hood/Fender/Mirror = $189.95
Bumper =$369.95
Headlight =$69.95
Total kit parts close to $630 and labor??
As gmc74 said, the total cost was $575 including labor. I dropped mine off - it was the first 04 Max the Xpel rep had done. Took practically all day to do the hood, bumper, quarters and mirrors (Dropped it off at 7am - picked it up around 5pm). I take it back on Tuesday to get the headlights and cornering lamps done, and that will complete the job. It looks great, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Had a long chat with the Xpel rep when I picked it up. Looking at the kit, I wouldn't consider this to be a do-it-yourself job. Unlike window tint, even though the film is pre-cut, it still needs to be stretched tight to cover the desired area. Lots of adjusting and squeegee-ing (ok - I invented a word ;-) The Xpel website ranks this install as a 4 on a 5 point scale (5 being the most difficult), so I wasn't bothered by the time. Besides, I want it done right and I was willing to wait for it. From what I've seen, they should revise it and call this install a 5.
Old 07-06-2003, 08:32 PM

what does a car look like with that stuff on? and i guess it helps with bugs as well right?
Old 07-06-2003, 08:50 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

bradshaw46, do you have a pic of you Max with the bra on?
Old 07-07-2003, 04:42 AM

Originally posted by fortitude_98
bradshaw46, do you have a pic of you Max with the bra on?
I'll try to take a few closeups today so you can have a look - it's hard to see from a distance. Helps alot with bugs as well - makes their removal so much easier.
Old 07-07-2003, 08:50 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by hanzar

Interesting. When I ordered the Nissan nose mask here in Canada, they said it was only a hood cover and that's all I got. It cost about $90 CAD. The bottom piece is not available here. I checked the nissanusa.com site and indeed the available accessories show a complete nose mask. The Canadian site www.nissan.ca accessories page only shows the hood cover.
I wanted to get the full Nissan one too. The dealer says its not available. How would I go about getting one shipped into Canada? Any dealers in the US with good pricing.

On a semi-related note I just ordered a full trunk liner for $86CDN including tax and shipping. It should be here by the end of the week.

CanadianMoFo.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:55 PM

Originally posted by bradshaw46

As gmc74 said, the total cost was $575 including labor. I dropped mine off - it was the first 04 Max the Xpel rep had done. Took practically all day to do the hood, bumper, quarters and mirrors (Dropped it off at 7am - picked it up around 5pm). I take it back on Tuesday to get the headlights and cornering lamps done, and that will complete the job. It looks great, and I'm very pleased with the results.

Had a long chat with the Xpel rep when I picked it up. Looking at the kit, I wouldn't consider this to be a do-it-yourself job. Unlike window tint, even though the film is pre-cut, it still needs to be stretched tight to cover the desired area. Lots of adjusting and squeegee-ing (ok - I invented a word ;-) The Xpel website ranks this install as a 4 on a 5 point scale (5 being the most difficult), so I wasn't bothered by the time. Besides, I want it done right and I was willing to wait for it. From what I've seen, they should revise it and call this install a 5.
I understood you mentioned $575 installed in your posts, BUT your total kit parts about $630. I've been quoted labor averages $200 - $250 for the same install (should be around $700 to $800 range). That's why I questioned the labor? in the first place.