6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

NEW 2004 Maxima Menu System

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 01:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

NEW 2004 Maxima Menu System

I am not a owner of a Maxima, Well my dad has a 1994 Maxima but anyways I go on the Acura TL Forums a lot..

I am waiting on the new 2004 Acura TL, But on with the topic, someone on the TL Forums mentioned this:

"the maxima's menu system (with and without the nav system) is incredible. With a menu system on the dash you can PROGRAM the car to respond how you would like with the keyless entry beep or not beep, valet, pull in the side mirrors when you lock the doors, unlock all doors or just drivers door with one click.... and more...."

Could someone tell me more about the menu system and what you can do, and where it is placed and any pics?

Any info at all would be nice, since you guys actually own the car..

THANK YOU
Old 07-14-2003, 03:35 PM

Re: NEW 2004 Maxima Menu System

Originally posted by 2004TL
I am not a owner of a Maxima, Well my dad has a 1994 Maxima but anyways I go on the Acura TL Forums a lot..

I am waiting on the new 2004 Acura TL, But on with the topic, someone on the TL Forums mentioned this:

"the maxima's menu system (with and without the nav system) is incredible. With a menu system on the dash you can PROGRAM the car to respond how you would like with the keyless entry beep or not beep, valet, pull in the side mirrors when you lock the doors, unlock all doors or just drivers door with one click.... and more...."

Could someone tell me more about the menu system and what you can do, and where it is placed and any pics?

Any info at all would be nice, since you guys actually own the car..

THANK YOU
I have the 04 with out the Nav system. You can see screen shots of the dash and screen if you click the link below.

I don't recall the option to have the mirrors close when you lock the door, but there are a lot of options on the menu. I don't recall them all, but you got most of them. I will refresh my memory when I leave work and let you know later.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow thats amazing how u guys get a Screen even without getting a NAVI!

Anyways any more features or things that the Maxima can do?
Old 07-14-2003, 03:50 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: NEW 2004 Maxima Menu System

The Settings/Vehicle Electronic Systems screen allows you to:

- Turn the "adjust drivers seat when exiting the vehicle" and "adjust steering wheel when exiting the vehicle" features on or off (if your car is so equipped - requires auto trans)
- Unlock driver's door or all doors with one push on the key fob
- Turn horn beep on or off when locking doors with key fob
- Turn lights blink on or off when locking or unlocking doors with key fob
- Select auto relock time if you don't open a door after unlocking with key fob
- Set sensitivity of automatic headlights
- Set auto headlight off delay time after shutting engine off
- Turn speed sensitive wiper feature on or off

The side mirrors are folded manually with a switch on the dash. It's not a setting.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:53 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Wow THANKS ALPINE!
Old 07-14-2003, 05:20 PM

yeah that pretty much sums it up. On the radio you can choose to show the track name (if the cd has the cd-text feature) or number, or cd name on the screen.

I really wish you could set the mirrors to fold in when you take the key out, the way the seat moves back and the steering wheel moves in and up.
Old 07-15-2003, 11:04 PM

i never knew this.......u guys get a screen regardless - cool!
Old 07-15-2003, 11:31 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by 95emeraldgxe
i never knew this.......u guys get a screen regardless - cool!
Trust me your jaw will open up when u see the new 2004 TL..

So hold your COOL! Comments for the new 2004 Acura TL
Old 07-16-2003, 12:52 AM

Trust me your jaw will open up when u see the new 2004 TL..

So hold your COOL! Comments for the new 2004 Acura TL
Yeah, man. I've been reading about the '04 TL. Acura/Honda pulled some rabbits out of their hats and managed to increase the horsepower to 280 and decreasing torque to 114. Said something about improving the "driver's experience" and wanted everyone to know that yes, they managed to remove some flares and trim and make it EVEN less distinctively styled.

J/K. As far as cars go, Acura has their stuff together. They know how to package them. I just don't like the styling at all, and I think that the TSX is targeting the wrong cars. It should be going after Jettas and A4's more than the 3-series.

Three cheers for torque.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

LOL, I guess you took offense to me posting about the 04 TL

The TSX has been selling like crazy, same with the Accord..

if TSX is this big, Imagine the Lines for the TL

BTW the TL might get AWD

It might also get features that the maxima cant even think of like intelligent cruise control, intelligent keycard, ventilated seats and much more..

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Maxima has and will continue to be beat..

LOL Sorry if I keep bashin the Maxima, I really like all the features in the maxima and I have been a long time Nissan owner but I have to say the TL will kick a$$

Sorry Again
Old 07-16-2003, 08:03 AM

BTW the TL might get AWD

It might also get features that the maxima cant even think of like intelligent cruise control, intelligent keycard, ventilated seats and much more..

LOL Sorry if I keep bashin the Maxima, I really like all the features in the maxima and I have been a long time Nissan owner but I have to say the TL will kick a$$

Sorry Again
Hey Bud,

Before you get too excited about the TL, just remember that the one you see is a concept, and you have no idea what will actually come out, good or bad. I am glad you like the car, but to say that the Max will continue to get beat is just odd... beat in what? It isn't speed, cause the TL Type S doesn't have the power or speed that the Max has right now, and for something to continue to get beat, that assumes it was beat before, and it wasn't.

How about you hold off on your "the 2004 TL is the greatest car ever made" speech until they actually make it.
Old 07-16-2003, 10:02 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I considered a TL-S, but the the rear seats do not fold down.

More importantly, who wants to put up with replacing the transmission every 15-20K miles.
Old 07-16-2003, 03:47 PM

BTW the TL might get AWD

Sorry Again
Yeah I am with Grant (gmc74) what do you mean continue to get beat, since 02 the Max has been on par with the TL/TLS performance wise and feature wise?
Old 07-16-2003, 03:51 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I meant to write Has been beat but added in Continue..

But with 280 HP the maxima has been beat by the new model..

BTW I have seen enough spy pics to know that the 04 TL will be very similar to the Concept..

I hear Brembo Brakes, 18 in. rims, and lots of other new gadgets to name just a few..
Old 07-16-2003, 04:01 PM

Don't beleive anything until they are ready to sell it, until then it is pure speculation.
Old 07-16-2003, 04:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

You are right gmc74, but I already know for sure there is Bluetooth, DVD 5.1 Audio, 270+ HP, V6, Cool Stuff..
Old 07-16-2003, 04:11 PM

You are probably right, but you never know... you did just post 280HP. You never know what will roll out of the factory.

It is a cool car, I will give you that. As many know here, I would have bought the TL Type-S if the sales guy hadn't blown me off... that was the tie breaker for me between the TL and the Max
Old 07-16-2003, 10:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I saw a 2004 Maxima today, and all I can say is "WOW!"

My eyes opened up, the color was ugly, and I think the back bumper is still big, but that was one Sweet CAR!

Me and my friend were pulling into a parking lot and he asks what car is that, and All we could see was Projectors!

Man, I was like WOW NICE!!

I have to say Maxima does look, nice, BEEFY, But nice, the TL will be Beefy too
Old 07-19-2003, 07:20 PM

i heard the new TL won't have wipers...if that's really true, WOW.
Old 07-19-2003, 11:01 PM
Banned

BTW the TL might get AWD

Sorry Again
Why are you on this board? Go back to the Acura board and stroke your ego till you head turns blue.
BTW, I'm not trying to hate, but I wouldn't go to the Acura boards and start bragging about the Maxima, it just doesn't do any good. Nissan buyers buy the Maxima for certain reasons, and Honda/Acura buyers buy the TL/TSX etc. for certain reasons as well. They are both good cars and have their own strong and weak points.
Old 07-20-2003, 01:43 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by nismaniac

Why are you on this board? Go back to the Acura board and stroke your ego till you head turns blue.
BTW, I'm not trying to hate, but I wouldn't go to the Acura boards and start bragging about the Maxima, it just doesn't do any good. Nissan buyers buy the Maxima for certain reasons, and Honda/Acura buyers buy the TL/TSX etc. for certain reasons as well. They are both good cars and have their own strong and weak points.

I know your not hating, I feel you..

Bragging isn't the right thing to do..

Its just that I am so excited about the car because I have heard so much stuff about it, and waited over a year for this new model.

Again I still think the Maxima (Specially the new one is a good car)

My dad has loved Nissan's, he had 6 nissans so far, he hasn't bought any Hondas, and for the first time we recently bought a Toyota Avalon..

So Trust me if I were driving the 2004 Maxima, I would be bragging

Thanks for the help, any other cool features in the new maxima?
Old 07-22-2003, 08:11 PM

Over the last year I've had cars from Lexus, Honda, Acura, Nissan, Ford in my driveway. Currently have 02 & 04 Maxima, 02 CIVIC Si, and 03 RSX Type S. The Type S is an awesome ride and Acura's build and finish quality is top shelf. These are all good cars but they aren't for everybody, that's why there are different cars. Glad you are excited about the TL, but, we Max owners really aren't too interested, that is why we are Max owners.
Old 07-24-2003, 05:53 AM

A few things to note about TL versus Maxima:

1. The TL is positioned to compete against the G35, not the Maxima. After all, it does cost several grand more than a Max.

2. The G35 is better than the TL: ask Car & Driver.

3. My buddy has a 2002 TL-S, already had a transmission replaced at ~20K miles, still adores his car. He loves the bland styling too.

4. I considered trading in my '99 for a TL-S for a split second until I found out that they're ALL automagics. No thanks.
Old 07-24-2003, 07:55 AM

Originally posted by justmax
A few things to note about TL versus Maxima:

1. The TL is positioned to compete against the G35, not the Maxima. After all, it does cost several grand more than a Max.
Actually, that isn't correct at all. The MSRP on the Acura TL-S (no nav) is $31,830, which is higher than the SE with Driver Preferred, sun roof and mats at $32,080.

I was quoted a few bucks less on the TL-S than I paid on my Max.
Old 07-24-2003, 11:57 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Now the OLD GEN TL's are selling Very CHEAP..

The G35 is better than the TL: ask Car & Driver.
where do you figure this? The new TL Isn't even out yet, how do compare a new G35 to a old GEN TL!?
Old 07-24-2003, 01:47 PM

Now the OLD GEN TL's are selling Very CHEAP..

where do you figure this? The new TL Isn't even out yet, how do compare a new G35 to a old GEN TL!?
How stupid......how can you compare a "new TL" that hasnt been released yet to ANYTHING???? The "old TL" is all there is currently to compare
Old 07-24-2003, 03:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Jake well at least compare a new gen to something new and not to a 5 year old gen that came out in 1998!

I mean you cant compare a 2003 model car to a car that was created 5 years ago..

If you want to be fair, compare a 2003/2004 model to a new gen..

and since the new car aint here yet, you cant really compare them..
Old 07-24-2003, 04:45 PM

Originally posted by JAKE02

How stupid......how can you compare a "new TL" that hasnt been released yet to ANYTHING????
You sure got that right Jake, though I suspect this point may be lost on a certain exuberant TL enthusiast. I guess I can understand being excited about the upcoming release of a new model, much as I was excited to see what the 6th gen. Max would offer. What I don't really understand is stepping into a Maxima forum for the specific purpose of bouncing off the walls with giddy, gleeful excitement about how GREAT the new TL is going to be.

Nothing wrong with the sentiment, just an odd place to decide to express it.

Jaeger
Old 07-24-2003, 06:30 PM

Originally posted by Jaeger

You sure got that right Jake, though I suspect this point may be lost on a certain exuberant TL enthusiast. I guess I can understand being excited about the upcoming release of a new model, much as I was excited to see what the 6th gen. Max would offer. What I don't really understand is stepping into a Maxima forum for the specific purpose of bouncing off the walls with giddy, gleeful excitement about how GREAT the new TL is going to be.

Nothing wrong with the sentiment, just an odd place to decide to express it.

Jaeger
Yeah, I am not sure what the hell he is saying. He is in here comparing the TL (that isn't out yet) to everything, then complaining when someone else does.

Go back to the TL forum where ever that may be, and move on with your life. We all agree, the new TL will be as fast as a Ferrari, as safe as a Volvo, and as classy as a Benz... now move along already.

Uh, I just agreed with Jake for like the 3rd or 4th time... the world may be coming to an end.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by gmc74

Actually, that isn't correct at all. The MSRP on the Acura TL-S (no nav) is $31,830, which is higher than the SE with Driver Preferred, sun roof and mats at $32,080.

I was quoted a few bucks less on the TL-S than I paid on my Max.
Ouch, didn't know that. For some reason I was thinking you could get a decently-equipped Maxima for around $28K.
Old 07-28-2003, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by justmax

Ouch, didn't know that. For some reason I was thinking you could get a decently-equipped Maxima for around $28K.
You can. You can get an SE with Driver's Preferred and maxipad sunroof for low 28s. I was talking MSRP
Old 08-11-2003, 12:27 PM

the new TL is a glorified honda, in my opinion, if you want over all luxury get the max, it has all the features of a high end bmw, for a fraction of the cost, and dont you find it funny that people are comparing the nissan to the acura TL...shouldnt we be comparing the infiniti to the acura.....and the maxima to the accord...ohh thats right the max is so far ahead of the accord its pointless