6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New Interior Colour - Majestic Blue

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 07:15 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

New Interior Colour - Majestic Blue

Hi Guys:
Just found this site today and it is terrific! I've recently ordered an 04 Maxima - moving up from an 02 Altima and can't wait til it's delivered!
Question: I'm in Ontario Canada - my car will be an SL in Majestic Blue - with a charcoal grey interior. I can't find photos of this interior anywhere and apparently it's brand new.
Anybody come across it so far?
Must say this board has been extremely informative - a wealth of info and I look forward to keeping up with it now on a daily basis.

Thanks!
Rob
Old 08-02-2003, 10:52 PM

Robroy - who told you the interior color would be charcoal grey? I would be very surprised if Nissan added another interior color at a time they are months behind the demand for '04s as it is.

The existing frost, black and mocha interior colors are all sort of close to 'charcoal grey'. In fact, when I look thru the tinted glass, both the frost and mocha interiors look like 'charcoal grey'.

Don't take the word of the salesman about this. He is selling Pathfinders, Sentras, Altimas, Frontiers, Muranos, etc, etc, and all have different interior/exterior colors. Too much to remember.

The 'colors of choice' (normal colors used at the factory) for the interior of majestic blue Maximas are #1 - frost and #2 - black. The frost is a very nice medium grey.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:08 PM

according to the stick on my car Nissan refers to black leather as Charcoal Grey. In which case my 2002 Maxima has the same coior combo if you need to see pics of the interior color
Old 08-03-2003, 02:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally posted by perrymaxima
according to the stick on my car Nissan refers to black leather as Charcoal Grey. In which case my 2002 Maxima has the same coior combo if you need to see pics of the interior color

Perry:
I'd appreciate seeing your photos. The info came from the sales manager and he was quite excited about this colour scheme.

Thanks!

Rob
Old 08-03-2003, 02:27 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lightonthehill:
You may be right about the frost also. I'll let you know hopefully soon!

Thanks,
Rob
Old 08-03-2003, 06:24 PM

I got a call from my dealer yesterday to ask if I would take my '04 Majestic Blue Maxima with Frost interior rather than the Black that I wanted when I ordered in May. When I asked why, he said that the black interior is no longer an option. I didn't ask if was only for the Majestic Blue or all. I'll call tomorrow and ask.
Old 08-04-2003, 01:11 PM

I just bought a Majestic Blue 04 SL with cafe latte leather interior. Looks beige to me.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:43 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Robroy!

I'm in ON as well, and contemplating trading my 02 Alty for an 04 Max...what dealership did you use, and what sort of trade-in numbers did you get? I'm in a 3.5SE right now...

Thanks man!
(I think your blue/grey interior will be GREAT!)
Old 08-06-2003, 02:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hi A4Racer!
I'm in Barrie - Barrie Nissan is the dealership. Going to be hard to get exact comparables though as I lease my current SL. The dealership has given me great service though and the entire car-buying experience has been pleasant. Great guys to deal with in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see what this car looks like although I've never seen one I didn't like. Where have you been dealing? Good experience/bad?

Cheers!
Rob
Old 08-07-2003, 09:33 PM

HydroPnik - Dealer may be feeding you a line. Black interiors are still being produced, according to the web listing of cars being shipped from Smyrna (Nissan web site). My local dealer got in nine new '04 Maximas today, and most had black interiors, including a majestic blue SE that had just been built (VIN in 842000 range).
Old 08-07-2003, 09:38 PM

bunk22 - You are correct. The cafe latte interior is sort of a light tan, a great color for leather, and a great color for a hot climate. It could not be mistaken for charcoal.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:48 PM

Robroy - After some research, I am convinced this is a semantics situation. In checking the '04 Maximas coming from Smyrna (on Nissan web site), black is by far the most common interior color. Charcoal does not appear as an interior color on a single '04 Maxima.

I went to the dealer's lot today and looked at several '04s with black interiors. The black cloth is truly a deep black. The black leather, probably because it has a smoother surface, has a 'charcoaly' look. I double-checked those cars on the Nissan site to be sure the interiors were considered to be 'black'. They were.

I feel this is a case of your dealer calling the black leather 'charcoal', because it had sort a charcoal appearance.

Look at the leather in your car, and compare it to any other '04 Maxima with 'black' leather. I'll bet you find they are the same.
Old 08-08-2003, 05:42 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lightonthehill:
You're probably right. Unfortunately I"m still waiting for delivery on the car so I can't confirm it as of yet. Sorry to add confusion thus far but only going on what I was told. Will be sure to advise once I get the call. After reading many posts on this Board I'm even more excited about this decision to move into a Maxima.
Thanks guys for all your help!

Rob
Old 08-08-2003, 06:59 AM

Originally posted by lightonthehill
HydroPnik - Dealer may be feeding you a line. Black interiors are still being produced, according to the web listing of cars being shipped from Smyrna (Nissan web site). My local dealer got in nine new '04 Maximas today, and most had black interiors, including a majestic blue SE that had just been built (VIN in 842000 range).
lightonthehill,

Yeah, you may be right. I originally ordered the car in May and about 3-4 weeks ago the dealer called me to tell me that I probably won't see the car until October. It almost seems like he wants me to back out of the dealer so I'm calling his bluff. The price I got the car for couldn't be matched by any of the other local dealers so I don't want to back out. I called the dealer again on Tuesday and he still said that Black interiors were being pulled from only the Majestic Blue Maximas, but he "worked it out with the factory" to get me one. Now he says the end of September. We'll see how it plays out.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:32 AM

Originally posted by HydroPnik

lightonthehill,

Yeah, you may be right. I originally ordered the car in May and about 3-4 weeks ago the dealer called me to tell me that I probably won't see the car until October. It almost seems like he wants me to back out of the dealer so I'm calling his bluff. The price I got the car for couldn't be matched by any of the other local dealers so I don't want to back out. I called the dealer again on Tuesday and he still said that Black interiors were being pulled from only the Majestic Blue Maximas, but he "worked it out with the factory" to get me one. Now he says the end of September. We'll see how it plays out.
Doesnt sound like I would trust your dealer.......
Old 08-08-2003, 12:55 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Lightonthehill:
Just got off the phone with the sales manager and the car will be in next week! Also noted that the interior is "black" - actually the charcoal grey type colour but officially "black". Sorry for the wild goose chase but semantics are everything and that had been the term he originally used. I was likely too excited to press further at the time.
In any event, I should be in the driver's seat this time next week.
Thanks again.
Rob
Old 08-10-2003, 05:59 PM

Originally posted by lightonthehill

The 'colors of choice' (normal colors used at the factory) for the interior of majestic blue Maximas are #1 - frost and #2 - black. The frost is a very nice medium grey. [/B]

Majestic Blue is money. But the best interior color is cafe' Latte. Simply gorgeous!!
Old 08-11-2003, 10:07 PM

DriveFast - Just in case I gave the wrong impression, I was not meaning frost and black were my first choices for interior color for the majestic blue; I was meaning those are the two colors I see listed most often on the Nissan site for majestic blue cars coming from the factory.

If I were buying a majestic blue, cafe latte or frost would be the only two interior colors I would consider.