6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

More questions about adding stereo components

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2003, 11:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

More questions about adding stereo components

Just picked up my brand new Maxima on Sunday, with the Bose system, which i think sounds pretty good. I'm looking into getting an amp and subs to boost some of the bass sound, through a line-out converter. Question about Mp3s though, what is the input for the satellite audio and could that be adapted to allow an iPod or something to be plugged in through the satellite input? Also, what would be the best mp3 player, besides the iPod, to install where it would have a wired or wireless remote/screen that could be attached somewhere on the dash to allow control of the mp3s without fumbling with the player itself? I would love an Mp3 player that could go preferably directly into the head unit, 2nd choice would be the fm modulator. Is the satellite input an option? Do the FM modulators really sound good enough?
Old 09-09-2003, 12:30 PM

I think FM modulators sound fine, but others have differing opinions. I use a portable FM modulator to play my laptop through my stereo, and it works great.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by chrisaust
Just picked up my brand new Maxima on Sunday, with the Bose system, which i think sounds pretty good. I'm looking into getting an amp and subs to boost some of the bass sound, through a line-out converter. Question about Mp3s though, what is the input for the satellite audio and could that be adapted to allow an iPod or something to be plugged in through the satellite input? Also, what would be the best mp3 player, besides the iPod, to install where it would have a wired or wireless remote/screen that could be attached somewhere on the dash to allow control of the mp3s without fumbling with the player itself? I would love an Mp3 player that could go preferably directly into the head unit, 2nd choice would be the fm modulator. Is the satellite input an option? Do the FM modulators really sound good enough?
I was thinking of going satellite radio, but I'm not in the car long enough to really enjoy it. I'd rather have a line connected to my iPod to the stereo.

I'll take apart my dash this weekend and let you know what I find.
Old 10-22-2003, 10:55 AM

already took care of it, 10 disc mp3 cd changer in the trunk with fm modulator... 2 10" subs and 600w amp in the trunk. Pretty sweet system!
Old 10-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

kenwood music keg.....
Old 10-24-2003, 05:39 PM

im in the process of installing the jvc 12 cd mp3 changer, audiobahn component set on front door, audiobahn 6 1/2 in rear doors, audiobahn 6x9 in the rear deck, adding 4 channel amp on inside spkrs, and adding 2 infinity 10" subs and an amp for the subs too. seems fairly easy right now. by the way i got the non bose model knowing that i would be changing it soon.
Old 10-24-2003, 06:00 PM

would it be possible to take the tape input from the stereo and split so you can place mp3 player (custom made) in the trunk? I am not that familiar with the inerads of my audio system yet since I've yet to crack it open.
Old 10-25-2003, 05:17 PM

why not just geta cd changer that plays MP3's sony makes one and it great. Also why not just and an amp an woofer to the factory system. I think it would work just as good and not cause too much disruption to the car.