6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Interior questions (2 pics...)

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 07:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Interior questions (2 pics...)

The first:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...171_1_full.jpg

Is the indicated button not supposed to light up? Mine doesn't, and if it is supposed to I'd like to talk to the dealer tomorrow when I go in for my squeeling brakes.

The second:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...171_2_full.jpg

I know it's a sucky pic, but all of the rocker buttons along the top row are not the same style. There is one that has two "lines" in the center (every other button has 1) and I was wondering if this is normal (I can't seem to determine why this one is different).

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2003, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by Monotaur
The first:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...171_1_full.jpg

Is the indicated button not supposed to light up? Mine doesn't, and if it is supposed to I'd like to talk to the dealer tomorrow when I go in for my squeeling brakes.

The second:
http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...171_2_full.jpg

I know it's a sucky pic, but all of the rocker buttons along the top row are not the same style. There is one that has two "lines" in the center (every other button has 1) and I was wondering if this is normal (I can't seem to determine why this one is different).

Thanks!
The button circled is not intended to be lit. I just went and checked and all my buttons match but I also have nav so the first row may differ from yours.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by m00se
The button circled is not intended to be lit. I just went and checked and all my buttons match but I also have nav so the first row may differ from yours.
Thanks for checking. Just not sure why that button isn't lit when the rest are?
Old 10-30-2003, 06:22 AM

what does that button do?
Old 10-30-2003, 10:27 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

That looks like its the window lock button.... Which if I remember correctly, also locks the driver himself out of controlling the windows, which is retarded... Its supposed to be locking everyone but the driver so a little kid cant open the window and fall out, but why do they think the driver has to protect him/herself also, is the driver going to fall out accidentally?
Old 10-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

On your center console, is the one button thats different the trip computer button? On mine, they all look like they are separate buttons, but the trip comp (and whatever is its pair) are connected, like one button. Is that what you're thinking of? Other than that, I didnt notice any anomolies on mine.
Old 10-30-2003, 03:06 PM

The second picture sux so bad I can't see what you are talking about.

CM.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by chrisaust
On your center console, is the one button thats different the trip computer button? On mine, they all look like they are separate buttons, but the trip comp (and whatever is its pair) are connected, like one button. Is that what you're thinking of? Other than that, I didnt notice any anomolies on mine.
Yes, that's it. I'm not sure why it is one button and the others are two?
Old 10-30-2003, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianMoFo
The second picture sux so bad I can't see what you are talking about.

CM.
Yeah, sorry.. it really sucks. I'll try to get another pic soon, although it sounds like all Max's (DPP?) have it...
Old 10-30-2003, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by chrisaust
That looks like its the window lock button.... Which if I remember correctly, also locks the driver himself out of controlling the windows, which is retarded... Its supposed to be locking everyone but the driver so a little kid cant open the window and fall out, but why do they think the driver has to protect him/herself also, is the driver going to fall out accidentally?
I tested this earlier, and it still allows the driver to use the window controls. Are you sure yours doesn't work this way?