6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Most popular color for 04 Max?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 06:31 PM

Most popular color for 04 Max?

Anybody know what color has sold the most?
Old 11-22-2003, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Blaxima
Anybody know what color has sold the most?
My "guess" would be silver.... No data to back it up though - other than what I see on the road :-)

Smitty
Old 11-22-2003, 07:57 PM

I haven't seen many, but I have seen 2 silver ones, and 2 red ones. (one was in La Jolla, CA though) Then a handful of other colors. Well, then again, I have seen another one in Majestic Blue in town here... but that was the one I ordered then backed out on, so it's STILL on the lot.
Old 11-23-2003, 07:00 PM

I've seen a ton of Silvers. I think Nissans most popular color is silver. . . My neighbor has the orange Maxima, and the more I look at the color, the more I like it, they also have an orange Murano.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:53 AM

I own a silver but the Maximas I've seen around town have all been a pretty equal blend of each color.
Old 11-24-2003, 09:30 AM

silver is just a fad according to asmitty....
Old 11-24-2003, 09:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Why would you buy two cars from the same manufacturer AND the same color, and not just any color like black or silver, but the radiant ember? I would defintely not want to be known as the "orange nissan" family.... hehe
Old 11-24-2003, 05:00 PM

Silver is just a trend of the "Millenium Era", by the year 2010 come back in here and tell me how many silver cars you see then.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

At what point is it not a trend or a fad?

If you have more than 10 years of people choosing a colour like silver, it doesn't seem like a fad to me.

CM.
Old 11-24-2003, 05:17 PM

ok then what is it?
Old 11-24-2003, 06:01 PM

dude my solara was purchased in 98 and it was SILVER.....and u really want me to answer that question? its a good color is what it is, u dont see all the dirt and it looks nice, plain and simple...there are only 2 colors that i plan on buying from now on, silver and white
Old 11-24-2003, 06:05 PM
I miss the .org!

wish it was "invisible"

j/k! Surprisingly, I've seen a pretty even mix of colors on the '04...
Old 11-24-2003, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Asmitty
Silver is just a trend of the "Millenium Era", by the year 2010 come back in here and tell me how many silver cars you see then.
Silver, black and white have been a standard for a long time, certainly before the 'so called' millenium era. I don't think silver can be considered a fad at this time as there will always be a manufacturer using that color. It's very neutral, unlike hunter green or that burnt orange which seems to look right on odd days.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:50 PM

alot of people pick silver i think because it looks good, and it doesnt show chips or scratches. its very easy to maintain.. water spots u hardley see. i have black now but my next car will be silver, its not a fad or a trend, its just a very easy color.. like tan or something. but tan is kind of an old man color but silver is the younger easy color to keep looking nice. no matter what u do with black or how anel u are about your car "like i am" your gonna get chips and scratches. theres no avoiding it. silver equals safe
Old 11-24-2003, 07:51 PM

SOOO DEFENSIVE!!! i dont have a problem with silver cars.....just not for me....but explain to me why everything is going to silver then, tv's ,appliances, phones, computers, interiors of cars even.....hmmm seems the interior of the max is even silver....more silver everywhere....ask the ladies they prefer wearing white gold, silver, and platinum vs yellow gold. Even silver accesiories for the home is in. SILVER is a trend right now and there is nothing wrong with it....so all you silver buyers quit gettin your panties in a wad.

I just dont care to have a silver car right now....reminds me of a primer base.
like an unfinished pallat before a beautiful painting. Color of a car expresses peoples personailties (silver-mainly calm and plain). I prefer more of a beautiful painting of a sort. Black says to me , sexy, seductive, mysterious, and daring, but that is because my wife drives it....I personally dont want a black car it is just she wanted it, but I have to wash the thing on a weekly basis. And if it makes you feel better we have the frost interior to sort of relax the daring and sexy image that the outside of the car has.

So be happy with your silver cars guys.....and just open your mind to the world and relize that colors do come in and out of style. but there are always going to be three colors that are always in style in cars---RED, WHITE, and BLACK.

SILVER will not always be in style it has just sprung before the new millenium and yes you purchased your car in 98 when the industry was preparing to boom for the new millenium in colors. and silver was starting to come in style then....yes I understand they have always made silver cars but they have not always made so many in so many styles in that particular color.

Remember back in the 90's when hunter green was the in color....? Well do you see all those hunter green cars still being made in that color.....OK, I think my point has been made.....again!
Old 11-24-2003, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Asmitty
SOOO DEFENSIVE!!! i dont have a problem with silver cars.....just not for me....but explain to me why everything is going to silver then, tv's ,appliances, phones, computers, interiors of cars even.....hmmm seems the interior of the max is even silver....more silver everywhere....ask the ladies they prefer wearing white gold, silver, and platinum vs yellow gold. Even silver accesiories for the home is in. SILVER is a trend right now and there is nothing wrong with it....so all you silver buyers quit gettin your panties in a wad.

I just dont care to have a silver car right now....reminds me of a primer base.
like an unfinished pallat before a beautiful painting. Color of a car expresses peoples personailties (silver-mainly calm and plain). I prefer more of a beautiful painting of a sort. Black says to me , sexy, seductive, mysterious, and daring, but that is because my wife drives it....I personally dont want a black car it is just she wanted it, but I have to wash the thing on a weekly basis. And if it makes you feel better we have the frost interior to sort of relax the daring and sexy image that the outside of the car has.

So be happy with your silver cars guys.....and just open your mind to the world and relize that colors do come in and out of style. but there are always going to be three colors that are always in style in cars---RED, WHITE, and BLACK.

SILVER will not always be in style it has just sprung before the new millenium and yes you purchased your car in 98 when the industry was preparing to boom for the new millenium in colors. and silver was starting to come in style then....yes I understand they have always made silver cars but they have not always made so many in so many styles in that particular color.

Remember back in the 90's when hunter green was the in color....? Well do you see all those hunter green cars still being made in that color.....OK, I think my point has been made.....again!
Asmitty, hunter green was clearly a fad without a doubt, and as much as I liked it I would not have bought one then. I've had two black Maximas in a row before this current silver '04. All silver aren't created equal either. I never liked sterling mist which is the reason I did not get it when I purchased my black 2kse. Liquid silver has a clean silver look and is a shade I like so it wouldn't have to be in vogue for me to have chosen it.

The appliances in homes now aren't silver, they are stainless steele, and yes, I agree that is a fad. It looks very commercial to me, like restaurant kitchens, so I would not choose that. Worry not Asmitty, your chosen colors is in no threat of being taken over by silver,
Old 11-25-2003, 07:30 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

opinions are like **** holes...everyone has one. let's keep it friendly.
Old 11-25-2003, 05:45 PM

I've had cars in red, white, green, brown, black, silver, etc. Every time I buy a brand new car, I would make sure that I don't buy the same color that I've had before. The 2004 Maxima I bought two months ago is the radiant ember. I like the color plus they are limited in production and no longer available from the factory.