6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

does anybody have any dings on there brand new 04s?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 10:06 PM

does anybody have any dings on there brand new 04s?

so far i only have one small one, witch isnt a big deal u really have to look for it. for those dumb people that dont care about others cars, who like me has a ding on there car? or dent for that matter
Old 02-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I've got a small ding on the back... waiting for a warm, dry day to start appling the touch up paint.
Old 02-02-2004, 10:40 AM

that sucks i hate people who dont care
Old 02-02-2004, 10:33 PM

wow everybodys car has no dings. god bless the max lol
Old 02-04-2004, 07:39 AM

I've been driving the wifes Max while she is out of town. Last week I collected our first door ding. SHE's GONNA BE ****ED!

I saw it happen too, which is the frustrating part. A bunch of guys were getting in their car at the plant for lunch, and I just had this feeling. I walked around the other side of the Max and sure enough, there it was. Not too bad, but I can see it.

People just don't respect anything nice. She's not a virgin anymore.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by kito2112
I've been driving the wifes Max while she is out of town. Last week I collected our first door ding. SHE's GONNA BE ****ED!

I saw it happen too, which is the frustrating part. A bunch of guys were getting in their car at the plant for lunch, and I just had this feeling. I walked around the other side of the Max and sure enough, there it was. Not too bad, but I can see it.

People just don't respect anything nice. She's not a virgin anymore.
Your wife or the car?

Mike
Old 02-04-2004, 10:41 AM

I have one on my lower back bumper... parellel parking in Chicago is a pain in the butt sometimes.
Old 02-06-2004, 04:03 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

DING? Hell, hit a dog size racoon, tore off my front undercover, wiped out the ambient air temp sensor and split the front lower chin...PS Rocky DID not survive...
Old 02-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Took a big hunk of rock salt of cinder or something right between the eyes - nice nick in the windshield and a small ones on the bumper - out on the highway a few weeks back. I knew I had to pass the salt truck and prepared for it - let everyone else pass so I had lots of room to zoom past for minimal exposure to the crap he was laying down - but he still got me. Hopefully, the windshield ding won't spread.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Banned

I think I can top everyone's... Here it goes...

Been working 12-16 hrs a day for the last month w/ only 2 days off during this whole period... After one of those long grueling days, I had to go shopping for B-day present for my oldest son who just turned 14. So, I trek to Circuit City to get his "eye toy" for PS2 among other goodies to make him smile and... I'm not in the store for more than 15 minutes, come out...oh and did I mention that I parked in the farthest corner up front where there was only one parking spot next to me--as close to the curb as possible? Anyway, I come outside and I see something weird on my front passenger side panel/fender...I don't pay any mind because black cars reflect sunlight like crazy! But when I get closer, I see scratches and after I get even closer, a dent and a buckle @ the peak of the fenderwall!!! You can imagine my pain...I was so numb (after working so long/hard) that I couldn't even react... A few expletives was all I could brew up in the parking lot as people looked @ me as if I was crazy... Anyway, my beautiful black MAX, just three months old, had her cherry ripped! NOT COOL! So after waiting a whole week for my car to get fixed by the auto body shop (A WHOLE F***ING WEEK!), I bring my baby home and I'm elated!!! I go outside after a quick nap that same late afternoon/evening and get ready to get in my car, and...what's this? A 18-inch long SCRATCH on the driver's side door?!!! After cursing the whole neighborhood for hating on those who have something good, I re-evaluate and investigate further to find that my 4-yr old (after I told him not to ride his scooter near the car that very same afternoon that I got the car back) scraped his handle-bar against my car!!! I am so worn of this! Keeping the utmost extreme care of my car has been a pain in the a$$ as of late and I can't do nothing about it... Hopefully the dealer's body shop recommendation can do a good job and not keep my car for another week just to fix a scratch--BIG SCRATCH!!!

Well, thought I'd share...can anyone match?
Old 02-16-2004, 01:00 PM

Just today after lunch at Applebee's, I walk to my car and see a beat up thunderbird pull up and park on the passengers side next to my car. Right then I started thinking oh no, please no. I get into my car and the guy next to me opens his door right on my car. I jump out out of my car like a bat out of hell, run around to the passenger side and see his door rubbing all over mine. As it was I wasn't having a good day, so I laid into him. I'd like to tell you word for word what I said but them I'd probably get banned here. Boy, did I give him an ear full. I guy was probably in his late 50's and just looked at me like I was some nutcase, I think he crapped his pants. After all that, I had noticed his door had a rubber trim on it so it didn't scratch the paint, nor did it dent my door. I'm still peed off because it's people like this who dent our cars. Especially when I'm always so car full not to bang anyone else's car, no matter what car I'm driving.
Old 02-21-2004, 05:03 AM

Anyone with dings on their panels should VERY seriously consider one of these outfits that does "paintless ding removals". MAN this thing works big time! They come with the suction cups and gizmos and once done, they've removed 95% or more of the ding. It's so good that most of the time you see absolutely no evidence of it or, at worst, you've got to look hard, really hard. I've had it done on several cars and am amazed every time. To me this is far better than risking paint mismatches or living with that damn ding that your eye goes to EVERY time you approach the car.
Old 02-21-2004, 09:09 AM
Banned

I agree, the paintless ding removal is amazing. I traded in a car two years ago with a nasty deep ding right by the fuel filler door and on the crease of the sheetmetal. The body shop estimated it would take over $400 to fix it. I traded it in and took a lost. Next week I went back to the lot and the ding was gone! If I hadn't know it was there I would have missed it. The dealer kinda of chuckeled and told me about the new process, he only paid just over 60 bucks!
Old 02-29-2004, 02:57 PM

Paintless dent removal is quite a procedure to watch being done. They set up a special light off to the side and , if possible, slide different steel rods down into the door panel, etc. and work out the dent. They then use what looks like a golf tee and tap the surface back in flush wiht the rest of the surrounding surface. I watched this done to a black car and when done could not detect the ding site. Only problem with this technique is that it will not work on inaccessible to their tools area or a ding near an accent angle, etc. in the sheet metal. I have heard that some people use alternating hot and cold to flex and relax the metal and eventually work out the ding. I guess the moral of this ding dang sitcheyshun is that the dingbats of the world will always be with us. My favorite tale of trying to avoid dings involved a guy I used to work with who would park his car in the farthest parking spot every day, without fail in order to avoid a ding. Worked fine until the guy with the old dump truck rear ended him while he was pulling into his driveway. SemperFi
Old 03-01-2004, 06:43 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Cant stand those damn dings

I obsess over where to park all teh time. Came out of the local Trader Joes the other day to find a cart crashed into my front bumber. I filpped. I cant stand people who drive crappy *** cars who dont caree about the time and love we put into keeping our cars looking nice.... Then I discovered a ding in my right rear side between the plastic and sheet metal behind the wheel. Third mark is an imprint a srew head from some A@@hol#$ liscence screw..... Nothing that cant be fixed at a body shop.....Neddless to say you can never keep your car perfect because other people just dont care.......
Old 03-04-2004, 07:20 AM

My sister-in-law's has been fully repainted. She got it for like $22,000 brand new. It was parked on a lot in SC and a hail storm dented it all up. They fixed all the damamges and repainted the whole car even though it had 4 miles on it. She was able to get the 04 SE Elite package for that price. I tried to capitolize on that deal too, but all they had were base models and I had to have the Elite with the bucket rear seats.
Old 03-04-2004, 08:17 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I recently found out that a new front bumper for an '04 Max runs ~ $215. During a warm days - cold nights period a couple weeks ago, I found an icy patch on a steep hill and stuck my wife's Max into a snow bank at ~ 20 mph. No problems with the headlights, foglights, or anything structural - just the bumper, wheel liner, and some plastic supports. Around $650 total for the repair.

Luckily, I didn't run into the ice a few minutes earlier when I was pushing hard through the twisties!! I'm sure an impact at 50-70 would have been quite a bit more impressive!

That realization that you're totally out of control sucks.

My wife was actually pretty understanding.......suprising considering how much she loves her baby.