6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Maxima vs Civic

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2004, 07:46 AM
andymax95

Maxima vs Civic

Over the weekend, I headed out to the mountains to do some boarding. Packed the max up with a few friends and boards. Minding my buisness on the way up, a so called stock civic came by and cut me off. So I decided to play the game with him, and I gotta say, for a stock civic, he had me second guessing the power of the max. I know its a fast car, but a 98 civic ex 5-speed had no problems launching and staying with me and even at top end around 120mph he was still pulling as well. I know the max is faster and I also had about an extra 400+ lbs in the car, but it was impressive. This civic was all over the road like it was a lamans race, shoulder passing, treacherous S bend passes, and it handles great, the max was right behind, when I caught him at a light, he rolled down his tinted windows and taunted me, saying, "Lost you back there and is that really a 265hp engine?" I asked him what he had, he REPLIED," ITS A STOCK 5-SPEED AND ALSO A BADGE." OH YA IT WAS A STATE TROOPER IN UNIFORM ENCOURAGING ME TO RACE HIM. I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I DID. AFTER THAT DUTCHY STOPPED WORKING I REALIVED HOW F*CKED UP IT WAS TO RACE A COP THE WAY I DID. BUT I FOUND THE REMEDY TO THAT, I LET UP ANOTER DUTCH.

I've never respected the honda mantality, till I was put to the test. A few weeks ago I was put to the test again coming home from work, it was a GSR sitting side by side with me. I saw his pod with gauges, so i knew he's got something. So we launced, he got the jump on me and I held about a half car back till about 115mph and by the time I got to 130mph he had put about 8 car lengths on me. Couldn't believe that Son of a bit*h spanked me like that. So i know have respect for those v-tech's and a little disappointed in the VQ.

Old 02-02-2004, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by andymax95
Over the weekend, I headed out to the mountains to do some boarding. Packed the max up with a few friends and boards. Minding my buisness on the way up, a so called stock civic came by and cut me off. So I decided to play the game with him, and I gotta say, for a stock civic, he had me second guessing the power of the max. I know its a fast car, but a 98 civic ex 5-speed had no problems launching and staying with me and even at top end around 120mph he was still pulling as well. I know the max is faster and I also had about an extra 400+ lbs in the car, but it was impressive. This civic was all over the road like it was a lamans race, shoulder passing, treacherous S bend passes, and it handles great, the max was right behind, when I caught him at a light, he rolled down his tinted windows and taunted me, saying, "Lost you back there and is that really a 265hp engine?" I asked him what he had, he REPLIED," ITS A STOCK 5-SPEED AND ALSO A BADGE." OH YA IT WAS A STATE TROOPER IN UNIFORM ENCOURAGING ME TO RACE HIM. I COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT I DID. AFTER THAT DUTCHY STOPPED WORKING I REALIVED HOW F*CKED UP IT WAS TO RACE A COP THE WAY I DID. BUT I FOUND THE REMEDY TO THAT, I LET UP ANOTER DUTCH.

I've never respected the honda mantality, till I was put to the test. A few weeks ago I was put to the test again coming home from work, it was a GSR sitting side by side with me. I saw his pod with gauges, so i knew he's got something. So we launced, he got the jump on me and I held about a half car back till about 115mph and by the time I got to 130mph he had put about 8 car lengths on me. Couldn't believe that Son of a bit*h spanked me like that. So i know have respect for those v-tech's and a little disappointed in the VQ.

Im sorry but there is no way that was a "stock"civic!! my girlfriend had a 98 civic ex, and i used to have a 2000 eclipse rs(150 hp) and i could smoke her car, and that eclipse has nothing on my MAX...If that was a trooper in the civic, i am sure it was decked out..I dont care what he said...
Old 02-02-2004, 08:40 AM

That was not a stock civic. Probably NOS or turbo. Even a civic with simple bolt-on mods has a hard time breaking into 14's
Old 02-02-2004, 08:57 AM

I drove my friend's GF's 6G Civic EX 5sp and it makes no pretense of power OR performance. The moment my 2k2 Max has any problem pulling viciously on a stock Civic, I'll know that I've blown my MAF sensor again.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:02 AM

No hell way you will not lose to stock civc. OMG!!! Either he got alot of mods or you can't drive (no offence). I crushed my firend 02 civc EX stick with no problems. I also beat my firend 99 GSR with intake, exhuast, cat, UDP pulley and I beat him about a one car.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:09 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wow if an EX civic gave you so much battle, then your max must have some problems. Maybe if it was a an SI.
Even if you had people in your car there is no way a 6gen can lose that that car stock.