6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

MAXIMA NISMO Parts...???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Banned

MAXIMA NISMO Parts...???

Someone please explain to me, because I just don't get it! Why doesn't Nissan put out NISMO parts for the MAX??? I mean, there are countless reasons why there are so many MAX enthusiasts out there who really get into fixing up their MAXs. Proof -- Go to cardomain.com, and which Nissan model has the most vehicles posted on the web? I'll tell you--THE MAX! 2877 vehicles to be exact. The obsolete 240SX comes in a very distant 2nd place w/ just over 1250 vehicles posted!!! The MAX is suppose to be a luxury performance sedan, correct? Well, why the heck doesn't Nissan put the specialized parts out for it? It's sooooo disappointing when I go to the NissanUSA.com website and click the "NISMO" link and find that the only current models they manufacture parts for are the 350Z, Altima, Sentra, Frontier (Frontier???), Xterra (Xterra???), and the Pathfinder...EVERY darn model in their vehicle lineup, BUT the MAX!!! What gives???

I tried e-mailing Nissan to ask why, but haven't gotten a response as of yet. Can anyone out there please enlighten me as to why Nissan's perrenial performance mainstay doesn't seem to get respect from its own damn company??? So frustrating...

I hope there's someone important that works for Nissan reading this post and smartly decides to act upon it, because Nissan is probably losing millions of $$$ because it has decided not to produce NISMO parts for this high performance sedan...
Old 04-20-2004, 08:15 AM

Do you really want to pay twice as much for your performance parts? Nismo is good quality and from what I have heard is covered under the factory warranty...but who wants to pay $500 for a CAI, when you can get the same thing for half the price or even less
Old 04-20-2004, 12:01 PM

nismo doesn't even make any of their own products. nismo intakes are just an AEM intake with a nismo sticker on them.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Phatmax98
Do you really want to pay twice as much for your performance parts? Nismo is good quality and from what I have heard is covered under the factory warranty...but who wants to pay $500 for a CAI, when you can get the same thing for half the price or even less
You make a valid point, Phatmax98...and I do agree w/ you. But that's not my point @ all. My point is they freakin' make NISMO parts for the Xterra and Frontier for goodness sake!!! You follow me? Of ALL THE CARS in Nissan's line-up, by default, parts should definitely be available for (in order of priority/popularity):

1. 350Z
2. Sentra
3. Maxima/Altima
4. etc...etc...

The MAX has been totally ousted! Just "what if" there were those who have the money to dress their Maximas out in NISMO garb??? I've seen plenty of folks that have authentic NISMO parts for their 350Z, Sentra, etc... Why not the Maxima? Heck, I even bought a NISMO license plate frame in hopes that I would be able to install @ least a couple of NISMO performance parts myself... Just doesn't make any sense to me... THEY HAVE PARTS AVAILABLE FOR THE G35 FOR GOODNESS SAKE, and Infiniti is suppose to be more upscale, not performance driven! Sad...just sad...
Old 04-20-2004, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by hofb99
You make a valid point, Phatmax98...and I do agree w/ you. But that's not my point @ all. My point is they freakin' make NISMO parts for the Xterra and Frontier for goodness sake!!! You follow me? Of ALL THE CARS in Nissan's line-up, by default, parts should definitely be available for (in order of priority/popularity):

1. 350Z
2. Sentra
3. Maxima/Altima
4. etc...etc...

The MAX has been totally ousted! Just "what if" there were those who have the money to dress their Maximas out in NISMO garb??? I've seen plenty of folks that have authentic NISMO parts for their 350Z, Sentra, etc... Why not the Maxima? Heck, I even bought a NISMO license plate frame in hopes that I would be able to install @ least a couple of NISMO performance parts myself... Just doesn't make any sense to me... THEY HAVE PARTS AVAILABLE FOR THE G35 FOR GOODNESS SAKE, and Infiniti is suppose to be more upscale, not performance driven! Sad...just sad...

LOL..that was entertaining...and I agree with you as well. Why the Sentra or Xterra...who knows
Old 04-20-2004, 03:19 PM
Banned

LOL..that was entertaining...and I agree with you as well. Why the Sentra or Xterra...who knows
Thanks, man... I do try my best! lol
Old 04-20-2004, 06:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I don't even care about NISMO rims or intakes. The rims are Volk Racings and the intake is AEM. I have Frankencar and I'm happy with the quality and price.
Old 04-21-2004, 02:26 PM

sentra, especially spec v are really nice cars to sup up, and if im not mastaken many of the hardcore nismo racing cars are sentra, but who would race an Xterra or Pathfinder.
Old 04-21-2004, 03:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Joseph Zheng
sentra, especially spec v are really nice cars to sup up, and if im not mastaken many of the hardcore nismo racing cars are sentra, but who would race an Xterra or Pathfinder.
Now you're feelin' me!!! My point exactly... Can you imagine how bad-a$$ the MAX would be suped up w/ NISMO parts that were tuned specifically by Nissan for the MAX?!! Here's a prime example of a 2004 350Z dressed in various NISMO products... Check it out:

hyperlink = BLACK 350Z

The MAX just as well could be the sedan version of the 350Z, right?!! Just imagine my BLACK MAX suited up w/ NISMO parts like that 350Z... SHHHWEEEEET!!!