6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2005 Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

2005 Maxima

Does anyone know when the 2005 maxima will be available?

Just wondering because I'm about to buy a 2004 maxima.
If the 2005's are coming out soon, I'll just wait to buy the 2004.
I could probably get one much cheaper if the 2005's are out, right?
Old 04-26-2004, 09:02 AM

the new model cars usually come out in the fall
Old 04-26-2004, 01:34 PM

The 05' Altima is already at the dealerships, wouldn't expect the same for the Max though. The Altima was a huge success for Nissan last year.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:44 PM

Models for '05 would normally arrive in September. I have heard nothing about when the '05 Maxima will arrive.

But as the '04s were a very early release (March 5th of '03), and will have been out sixteen months by July 4th, I would not be surprised to see the '05s arriving by late July or early August.

Having said that, I don't expect to see any major changes in the '05 Maxima. Maybe a move from 265 to 275 HP to skip past the TL at 270.

Assuming no major changes, especially if there are no really 'outwardly visible' changes with the '05, the price on the '04s will probably not come down much. At least not until the dealer has plenty of '05s, and wants to get rid of the last few '04s.

JMHO
Old 04-27-2004, 09:12 AM

^^ Agreed.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:21 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

According to the sales manager I spoke with tonight, he said "October". Although I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. So with that in mind, I probably would say September.
Old 04-29-2004, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Scott_401
According to the sales manager I spoke with tonight, he said "October". Although I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him. So with that in mind, I probably would say September.

Yeah, I had one of they lying B@stards argue with me and tell me I was totally misinformed last September. SWORE that the Armada wouldn't be out until February, trying to shove a newly delivered Quest down my Wife's throat. He got downright nasty. As we all know, the dealerships received Armadas about 3 weeks later than my discussion with Mr. Congeniality above. At the time, We were simply in the store to pick up Armada and Max brochures, but all he cared about was selling what he had on the lot that day. I'll never understand these guys. By February, I had spent $80,000 at a MUCH different dealership on the most optioned Max for myself and the same in an Armada for my lovely Wife.

Heard an ad on the radio for that original dealership the other day. Huge GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE. While this in and of itself is poetic justice enough for most, I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I drove through their lot in my shiny Max for a few circles. Stopped at the sales office. Saw Mr. Congeniality in the showroom, and he made like a cat on fire toward the "fish bowl" office when he saw me get out. I'm sure he didn't remember the lie, but he knew in his peanut shell brain that I had a bone to pick with him, just didn't quite know what it was. I walked in and went up to one of the floor salesmen and told him I had some paperwork that Mr. Congeniality had requested. Handed it to the salesman to give him, turned, got in my Max and drove into the sunset.........

Oh, the paperwork you ask? In an envelope was a McDonalds employment application that I keep in my briefcase as joke for my employees when they start getting out of control.(ie- "here you go, maybe THEY'll put up with you"). Paperclipped to it, a handwritten note, signed by me wishing him the very best in his future endeavours and thanking him for helping me make my $80,000 purchase an enjoyable experience ELSEWHERE.

Oh yeah, those jokers DO get theirs every once in a while :0)
Old 04-29-2004, 06:43 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Change the damn non-nav screen for '05

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
I don't expect to see any major changes in the '05 Maxima.
One change I'd like to see for '05 is the non-nav display change to at least a dot-matrix font, or what Nissan shoud've done in the 1st place is keep the color screen, but w/o any navigational controls. IMO the current non-nav display is a bit too 80s for me
Old 04-29-2004, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Max Cat
Yeah, I had one of they lying B@stards argue with me and tell me I was totally misinformed last September. SWORE that the Armada wouldn't be out until February, trying to shove a newly delivered Quest down my Wife's throat. He got downright nasty. As we all know, the dealerships received Armadas about 3 weeks later than my discussion with Mr. Congeniality above. At the time, We were simply in the store to pick up Armada and Max brochures, but all he cared about was selling what he had on the lot that day. I'll never understand these guys. By February, I had spent $80,000 at a MUCH different dealership on the most optioned Max for myself and the same in an Armada for my lovely Wife.

Heard an ad on the radio for that original dealership the other day. Huge GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE. While this in and of itself is poetic justice enough for most, I just couldn't leave well enough alone. I drove through their lot in my shiny Max for a few circles. Stopped at the sales office. Saw Mr. Congeniality in the showroom, and he made like a cat on fire toward the "fish bowl" office when he saw me get out. I'm sure he didn't remember the lie, but he knew in his peanut shell brain that I had a bone to pick with him, just didn't quite know what it was. I walked in and went up to one of the floor salesmen and told him I had some paperwork that Mr. Congeniality had requested. Handed it to the salesman to give him, turned, got in my Max and drove into the sunset.........

Oh, the paperwork you ask? In an envelope was a McDonalds employment application that I keep in my briefcase as joke for my employees when they start getting out of control.(ie- "here you go, maybe THEY'll put up with you"). Paperclipped to it, a handwritten note, signed by me wishing him the very best in his future endeavours and thanking him for helping me make my $80,000 purchase an enjoyable experience ELSEWHERE.

Oh yeah, those jokers DO get theirs every once in a while :0)
you stuck it to him
Old 04-29-2004, 07:36 PM

Scott_401 - Never forget that virtually any person working in sales at any dealer has only one thing in mind: 'how can I sell a vehicle from this lot today?'. Any answer to any question anyone may ask them is worded in the way they feel is most likely to encourage the customer to buy immediately.

Even if he knew the '05 Maxima was arriving tomorrow, he would still answer with the most distant month he feels might be believable. Any month later than October for the '05 release would not be credible, so he says 'October'. He doesn't want you to even consider waiting.

I would be willing to bet the '05 Maximas are on the dealer's lots by August, if not July.

-------------------------

To change the subject, I visit my dealer's lot three to five times weekly, and among the 5 '04 Maximas that arrived today were a smoke SL 5speed with sunroof and driver preferred package, and a coral sand SL 5speed with sunroof and driver preferred package. The smoke is beautiful, but not practical in the heat south of Atlanta. I'm not a huge 'tan' fan, but the coral sand is just the right tint, and I really like it. I Hope my silver Maxima didn't get its feelings hurt as I ran my fingers across the 'newbys'.
Old 04-30-2004, 08:51 AM

I always find it amazing how little the dealers actually know about future products. I get much more information from Motor Trend or Car and Driver than the dealer.
Old 05-27-2004, 06:07 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just wondering if anyone heard anything else about the release date of the 2k5 Max?

I'm looking into getting a 04 max, but if the 05 max are around the corner i guess that i can wait...

Thanks
Old 05-27-2004, 06:16 AM
Banned

Start of Production is in mid-August, expect them at the dealers in early September.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:03 PM

jaydabee -

How were you able to find the date for the start of production for the '05 Maxima? I have been scouring the web for that for two months.

When Nissan announced back in the winter that no special orders for '04 Maximas would be accepted after mid-April, I assumed that was because they were planning to convert the production line to '05s in June, as they usually do. That would have enabled them to build a backlog that would have permitted them to ship several to each dealer around the 'official 'release' date, which I anticipated as probably early August.

But with the Maxima now being assembled in Smyrna, eliminating the 'halfway around the world' ocean trip, that probably obviated the need to switch the line in June. August, however, really surprises me; July has been the traditional month for changeover for the American big three automakers for most of my lifetime.

Have you obtained even an inklng of what changes will be made for the '05? I wouldn't expect very many changes, but will be very interested in knowing what they are.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:49 AM

Spoke to my dealer today(28th) who had just talked with regional guy. He said the last chance to order an 04 is the 1st of June for late July delivery. Orders going in the 1st week of July will be for 05's for late August delivery. He's always been pretty straight with me.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:24 PM

gizzsdad - what your dealer is saying fits exactly with what jaydabee said. There will be few changes necessary to the assembly line for the '05s. I can see this only taking a week or two, with production of the '05s beginning in mid-August. In which case, it could be a week or two into September before the '05s are sitting on most dealer's lots.

Evidently the things the dealers in my area were saying a few months ago (no '04 orders after mid-April) were guesses, or they were incorrectly informed by Nissan, or Nissan changed its plans.

In several ways, this '05 release date surprises me. The '04s will have been on the dealer lots for a full year and a half before the '05s first appear. Nissan has to know the '04s will only sell at barebones prices through the summer, as folks will be waiting for the '05. Traditionally, the new models of the Maxima appear in July or August (except new gens, which often appear in the spring).

In my mind, the only thing that could justify this approach is if the '05s have a desirable 'surprise' that would make selling the '04s difficult. But I have heard of no such 'surprise'. . .

Nissan knows all this, so must have good reasons for what they are doing.
Old 05-28-2004, 01:30 PM

I hope the changes, if any, are not too drastic. I just got my car a few weeks ago and I would have definitely waited for any good 'surprises'. I am still happy with the car though and I feel good driving it, regardless.