6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Stock Alarm Any Good?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2004, 03:43 PM

Stock Alarm Any Good?

After reading Fixxxers post I'm a little nervous about my Max out in the concrete jungle. Does anyone know about the functioning of the alarm system? Does it work fine compared to aftermarkets? Does it have shock sensors and what not to detect major shakes/glass breaks? Does the I-Lock feature I purchased help out at all or do I need to dump the stock security system and purchase an aftermarket one?
Old 04-28-2004, 08:17 PM

I Put On A Hornet Alarm, It Came W/biult In Dual Stage Shock Sensor.the Factory Alarm Is Garbage...it Just Locks & Unlocks Doors.
Old 04-28-2004, 08:59 PM

but the alarm does a good job at locking and unlocking doors...and even opening the trunk.

take a baseball bat to your windows and windshield and see if anything happens...nothing will happen.

i got an am alarm, but if somebody is going to steal your car, then no alarm is going to stop them.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:47 PM
*moderator*

I wouldn't even call it an alarm...I replaced mine with a Clifford matrix, shock sensors, remote start the whole deal and there's all kinds of sensors you can add like a sensor that triggers if someone trys to jack up your car. It even unlocks the doors!!!
What will they think of next??
Old 04-29-2004, 05:47 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I think that the factory alarm is just fine it has an immobilizer and serves its pupose if they want your car they will get iut ( especially in your concrete jungle )If the really want it the will lift it out and no alarm sound will make a deifference all the have to do is break your window open you hood and rip out the siren. OR mabye put some motor oil on the floor and slide your car out and onto a flat bed. Just some thoughts for a concrete jungle dweller.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:05 PM

Thanks for the input. I'm going to go browse for alarms locally tomorrow. I just naturally thought that the car had a built in shock sensor for some reason. I hope I can continue to use my I-Lock with an aftermarket.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by AngryPotato
Thanks for the input. I'm going to go browse for alarms locally tomorrow. I just naturally thought that the car had a built in shock sensor for some reason. I hope I can continue to use my I-Lock with an aftermarket.

Just make sure that the shop you take it too have installers that have worked on a 04 max already. You don't want your car to be their guinney pig.
Old 04-29-2004, 11:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
I wouldn't even call it an alarm...I replaced mine with a Clifford matrix, shock sensors, remote start the whole deal and there's all kinds of sensors you can add like a sensor that triggers if someone trys to jack up your car. It even unlocks the doors!!!

hey jsmithsole, i've been wanting to ask you how much you paid for your alarm with installation...
Old 04-29-2004, 11:30 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you live in orange county, too? wow... where did you get your alarm installed?
Old 04-30-2004, 04:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jsmithsole
jsmithsole

What is your off set on your rims and what size are your tires?
Old 05-02-2004, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by bigcozz
I think that the factory alarm is just fine it has an immobilizer and serves its pupose if they want your car they will get iut ( especially in your concrete jungle )If the really want it the will lift it out and no alarm sound will make a deifference all the have to do is break your window open you hood and rip out the siren.
Absolutely correct about the immobilizer. Glass breakage or motion sensor is just another annoying feature. I owned some top quality aftermarket alarms like Viper, etc. Just set these off in your neighborhoods, and most of the time, nobody will pay attention to the alarms if you act like you're not some kind of theives. If the motion sensors are set too sensitive, even a bus or truck passes by will set them off. If they break the glass (nice feature that let you know?!), and get ready to file a claim with your insurance or some out-of-pocket expenses.