6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Removal of Orange Lamps in Headlight Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Removal of Orange Lamps in Headlight Assembly

I know several people have done this. Does anyone know how to remove the orange lamps from the headlight assembly? Does the bumper need to come off? How difficult is it? What type of bulb is it? Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:47 AM
*moderator*

Originally Posted by Edify11
I know several people have done this. Does anyone know how to remove the orange lamps from the headlight assembly? Does the bumper need to come off? How difficult is it? What type of bulb is it? Any help would be much appreciated.
Every post I read said they went in through the wheel wells....I want to make the change but I just don't have the time or means to go through the hassle of doing it...
Old 06-05-2004, 01:41 PM

As the official 'wet blanket' of the site, I would just remind you that federal law requires that, in hours of darkness, two illuminated lights must be visible from the side of every vehicle; a red one toward the rear, and a yellow/orange/amber one toward the front.

The law also requires that the front turn signals be yellow/orange/amber. This is something local law enforcement will pick up on; a flashing white light will look out of place, and will catch their attention.

For several years (back in the '80s and 90s?), auto stylists designed these lights with a clear lens, using a yellow bulb to give the color. I don't know if a yellow bulb that would fit the '04 Maxima is available.

Good luck with whatever you try.
Old 06-05-2004, 05:19 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I for one can't stand the ricers who put in white ultra bright bulbs for turn signals. It's hard on your eyes when you are across the intersection from some idiot with those things in. Shining a bright white light that is glaring and distracting to other drivers is not polite or "cool". Maybe there are some sort of amber LED's that wouldn't be so noticable but would let you stay within the law and look "cool" to all the high schoolers.

CM.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I don't plan on getting ultra-white lights for the front. I just want plain white bulbs for the front. I think the orange stands out too much. The regular white bulbs that go behind amber lenses in other cars shouldn't be too bright. Lightonthehill, I am aware that this isn't lawful, but I'm willing to take the risk. If I was to keep strictly by the law, that would mean that I spent 30K on a car that I could never really appreciate for its power. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. As always Lightonthehill, you speak words of wisdom and your input is greatly appreciated.