6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Those of you who have XM or Sirius....

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Those of you who have XM or Sirius....

For those of you who have sat radio installed, either XM with the factory or an aftermarket setup, where do you have the antenna installed? If you have pics of the antenna so I can see what it looks like wherever you installed it, please post them. Also, does anyone know if the antenna could be installed inside the car on the underside of the skyview roof? Would that not be a good spot to install it?

Also, whoever has sat radio, did you paint your antenna? What kind of paint did you use? I have a bottle of the touch-up paint matching the car, could I use that to paint the antenna and not affect reception?

I'm getting an aftermarket head unit and going to go with Sirius, and need some advice on where to put the antenna before I tkae it all to my installer.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I placed the antenna on the rear deck. I got some 3/16" (I believe) tubing, placed the wires in it (for added protection) and then ran this up along the seat and finally the antenna "tail" rests on the deck. I need to come up with a way to firmyl affix it though.

As for reception, I got a good signal most of the time.
Old 06-10-2004, 06:30 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My XM antenna is installed from the dealer on the rear center of the roof with the cable being fed through the rubber seal around the rear window. Looks pretty good. It helps that the antenna is black, and my max is black.