6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Hate being repetitive but...

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 02:31 PM

Hate being repetitive but...

Just had my car worked on today. Had a similar problem to what others on this site have talked about with the popping noise coming from the wheel well. Well it was the strut and furthermore they found a problem with my rotors. Said they were a little worn because they no longer make them from asbestos but rather from a metallic that heats up when driving fast and causes the vibrating of the steering wheel when braking. Blah blah blah whatever. I am just telling this story so that anyone who currently has this problem should go into there dealer and have it fixed immediately. Bad for the car.

My only problem was that the gentlemen at the service counter tried to make it seem like he was doing me a favor by having this covered under warranty. Yeah, sure, whatever. But I mentioned about the peeling on the tooth on the front grill and he said that was not covered under warranty. Normal wear and tear on the car. Well I tucked tail and walked away on this one but the more I think about it, my car is less than a year old and there should be no chipping anywhere.

Any thoughts on how to pursue getting a new one on Nissan's bill???
Old 06-08-2004, 03:20 PM

Other than a very few items (such as tires, wiper blades, etc) that may be considered 'wear and tear', the '04 Maxima is warranted for three years from bumper to bumper.

No grill on any car ever made can be considered 'wear and tear'. Period.

You may have to call/email the Nissan zone manager, etc, but if you pursue this, you will win at some point.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:06 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

This is what sucks about Nissan, they have been getting cheaper in quality. I aggree with lightonthehill, eventually you will win if you keep wasting your time.

I recomend gettign a billet grille, those suckers are quality, and look nicer.

Im in a battle over gettign my friggin info display cover replaces due to scratches and fog covering the display. All this hassle over a piece of plastic.

this goes back to crappy service, I wqish I bought an infiniti from a good dealer that has good service, the extra bucks would offset the hassle.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:39 AM

I would be completely ****ed if my dealer tried to tell me that the grill chipping was not covered under warranty. Bumper to bumper is exactly what it says. Wear and tear on tires is understandable, but paint chipping off of the grille is completely a manufacturer defect. I would definately be giving the manager a call about that.
Old 06-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

They're just trying to take advantage of you for sure. Be polite and ask to see the guys supervisor and discuss it with him.

I haven't read my warranty for a while now, but I thought it listed the things that were NOT covered rather than what was. Obviously if the grill isn't in the list of things not covered it is a no brainer that they should be getting you a new one.

My experience with my dealership is "Yes sir, what parts can we possibly order for you today? New headlight assembly? Sure. New blower motor? Sure. New sunglass holder? Sure. Whats that? You're not happy with your new headlight assembly, we'll get another one in there for you right away!"

You paid a lot of money for that vehicle. You're entitled to good service.
Old 06-09-2004, 01:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Try a different dealer... Here in ATL there a a bunch of dealers... there are some that are more willing to work with you than others... even under the same umbrella (Lithia Spring Team Nissan is not a good one to goto for warranty, but Team Nissan of Marietta is great, I have never had a problem with them.)
Old 06-09-2004, 05:55 PM
Banned

My peeling/chipping grill was replaced under warranty. No questions asked. Tell your guy to contact Bob Sharp Nissan in Wilton, CT.