6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.
View Poll Results: What Color 04 Max do you drive?
Liquid Silver
21.09%
Winter Frost (White)
8.31%
Onyx (Black)
21.73%
Red Opulence
7.35%
Majestic Blue
13.10%
Smoke
11.50%
Coral Sand
2.24%
Spirited Bronze
9.90%
Other / Customized
4.79%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

What Color 04 Max do you drive?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 07:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have Red Opulence. I wanted the Liquid Silver, but they didn't have it in stock so I bought the Red Opulence and got a killer deal.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:31 AM
Going Ginsu

Originally Posted by SHIFT_NY
What Color 04 Max do you drive?
Majestic Blue.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:33 PM

New guy voting

Metallic Smoke, I almost got Liquid Silver, but thought the black leather looked really tight with smoke.

This is my car: http://www.cardomain.com/id/smoke_screen

I plan on posting more pics after I get it tinted tomorrow.

And just lemme say, it's good to be an 'activated' member of the org. Look forward to meeting many of you virtually over the next few years.

peace
Old 07-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It's funny. As common a color as Liquid Silver is, I haven't seen a single one on the road yet.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Edify11
It's funny. As common a color as Liquid Silver is, I haven't seen a single one on the road yet.
That's probably because the Liquid Silver Maxes are faster than the speed of light !

Bob
Old 07-04-2004, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBelle04
That's probably because the Liquid Silver Maxes are faster than the speed of light !

Bob
LOL. My first 6th Gen Maxima was Liquid Silver and it broke down faster than the speed of light! Love my Onyx, but silver was my first choice. Less maintenance.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:13 AM

I like my white with tan interior. Looks sharp and stays cool during these warmer weather months. I see more onyx than anything.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:17 PM

hey, check out my photoshop here (around the bottom of page 4): Tell me what you think.
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=181904&page=4
Old 07-12-2004, 08:08 PM

Wow! This thread has gone longer than the Energizer bunny. I hadn't looked at it, and probably should have.

Glad the 'radiant amber' thing finally got straightened out. Not sure the 'metallic smoke' thing was ever clarified. And champagne mist is not the same as coral sand, either.

The names and spellings of the colors in the chart are correct. The 'other' Nissan colors (to be entered in the 'other/custom' line) are champagne mist (don't see many of these; I like coral sand better) and radiant ember (intro color; Nissan ceased using it about a year ago).

I have seen only a half dozen champagne mists in sixteen months. My dealer received only two so far, and both sat on his lot for months. I have seen only around six or seven coral sands, but this is a new color.

Smoke and coral sand only came into existance February 6th of this year. Smoke really took off, and for the past month, has been the most produced Maxima color behind silver.

I have to give Nissan some credit here. This is a very nice choice of colors. Most of them are in a very attractive shade. Nissan is smart enough to understand passionate purple, golden mustard and fire engine red are not good colors for a near-luxury car.

I am betting the champagne mist is dropped for '05, and one or two new colors are added. If they add two new colors, it will be because there are few mechanical or appearance changes for '05, and they went to the paint shop in order to have something new the salesman could point to on the '05s.

But what will the new color(s) be? Maybe a conservative British racing green? Or a soft dusty emerald green? Or even a pastel olive? We will soon know.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jrussell915
I have to say I like my Onyx with burnt orange leather interior. I really haven't seen it on any other Gen 6's.

Cooler too!!!
That's my color scheme...an Onyx SE with the elite package and Burnt Orange leather.
Old 07-23-2004, 08:34 PM

My Max Is Smoke, With The Charcoal Leather Interior, I Way I See It, The Darker The Meaner
Old 07-24-2004, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Maximadmoiselle
Oops, just looked at my '04 brochure. Sorry! I swear I'm not blonde, just never knew the word Ember existed. But the color is exquisite, I've only seen the 350Z in a similar color. I think they call it Lemans Sunset or something.
Embers are the burning remains of wood or coal fire.

And I am (dirty) blonde.

Old 07-25-2004, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by maximage
Embers are the burning remains of wood or coal fire.

And I am (dirty) blonde.

Wow, thanks! See, I learn something every day.

Lightonthehill, I'm just curious to know where I can get all these numbers about most produced colors, etc. Can you please let me know?

A color that I absolutely adore on 5th gen. Maxes and that didn't make it into the 6th was tungsten blue (this one). For some reason it was never quite popular. A black cherry pearl color like on the Lexus ES would look beautiful too.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:53 PM
Maxima of the Month Winner

Red is Rare!

Nuff said.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/04redopmax
Old 07-29-2004, 06:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought a red op almost 1 month ago.
Old 07-30-2004, 08:36 AM

Winter Frost for me. I originally wanted the red opulance but was afraid I would get tired of the color. I love Black cars but after having a Black Xterra I swore I would never own another dark car, to hard to keep clean. I also had a silver Quest and that was great at hiding the dirt. I love the White, it's very pearly. I'm blonde, it that a word?
Old 07-31-2004, 01:33 PM

ttbeam - Yes, 'blonde' is a word. It has essentially the same meaning as the word 'blond'. Both refer to light haired folks. The only differences I have seen between the usage of 'blond' and 'blonde' is that 'blond' is also used to describe light colored furniture, while 'blonde' is not, while 'blonde' is also used to refer to silk bobbin lace, while 'blond' is not.

Maximadmoiselle - I don't get the numbers of colors built from any official chart. About twice a week, I go to the www. nissanusa.com site and look at all the '04 Maximas on the lots of the 24 Nissan dealers within 100 miles of Atlanta. This makes my opinions subject to regional bias, as different colors may be more popular in other parts of the country.

As an example, I glanced at several dealers in the southwest and found coral sand seems to be more popular there than in the Atlanta area.
Old 08-02-2004, 08:38 PM

Black on Black... wanted the red opulence (pls. ignore any spelling mistakes.... )
Old 08-06-2004, 08:24 AM

lightonthehill wrote " ttbeam - Yes, 'blonde' is a word"

I was actually referring to pearly!!!!
Old 08-06-2004, 12:16 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

coral sand. i'm a nubie to the forum. it's nice to know i'm the only coral sand so far on the forum. didn't believe the salesman when he said it just came out. or maybe i got bad taste/lol.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:41 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by imaxedout
coral sand. i'm a nubie to the forum. it's nice to know i'm the only coral sand so far on the forum. didn't believe the salesman when he said it just came out. or maybe i got bad taste/lol.
Very nice color, but there are others with that color on this forum, sorry.

Hey, Onyx is only behind by 2 votes. That's okay, there are just too many silver cars out there anyway.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:12 PM

SMOKED OUT
Old 08-18-2004, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by slb
btw the real color name is called "metallic smoke". )p
Just bought one last Friday. Smoke is the bomb
Old 08-18-2004, 03:13 PM

Mine is Onyx; the only color I would consider!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I got a coral sand max, tinted windows, everyone loves the color, i got the color at first cause there was a really good deal on that specific car but i don't regret it
Old 08-19-2004, 05:41 AM

WHY ON EARTH DID THEY DISCONTINUE the "orange exterior" aka "radiant ember" ???

The dealer told me it wasn't demanding...... I think they LIE!

Everyone I know who wanted a max, LOVED that color.

That color makes the car look soo dramtic and sophisciated, not to mention the exterior is already eccentric/unique type of a body!
Old 08-23-2004, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by anthunny
WHY ON EARTH DID THEY DISCONTINUE the "orange exterior" aka "radiant ember" ???

The dealer told me it wasn't demanding...... I think they LIE!

Everyone I know who wanted a max, LOVED that color.

That color makes the car look soo dramtic and sophisciated, not to mention the exterior is already eccentric/unique type of a body!
I dunno why. But I am glad that I have one
Old 08-23-2004, 05:25 PM

Just signed up on the site...new SE 4seat approx. 3 weeks ago, Red with black int.
Old 08-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

champaign mist

what about that color??
Old 08-23-2004, 08:06 PM

toodeep - champagne mist turned out to be the least popular of the '04 Maxima colors. My dealer got only two of them in during the entire seventeen month run, and had trouble getting rid of both.

By December, Nissan knew champagne mist was not moving, and brought in coral sand (along with smoke) February 6th as sort of a 'replacement' color. I was surprised champagne mist was not dropped for 2005. Living near Atlanta, I see from several to several dozen '04 Maximas every day, and I have yet to see a champagne mist on the road.

I personally think champagne mist is a fine color, but like coral sand (and several other colors) better. The creamy color of champagne mist is very popular with the older crowd, but the older crowd is more into Gran Marquis than Maximas. If you have a champagne mist Maxima, you would log it in under 'other/custom' in the chart at the top of this thread.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:16 AM

I actually see Champagne mist a lot in my area. I saw 2 of them today, and another one earlier this week. I personally like it better than Coral sand. And definitely much better than the similar Sunlit sand on early ('00-01) 5th genners.
Old 08-28-2004, 05:00 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

so i got the old lady color...great...I like it cause it was different. every car in may area is Silver or gray or slate or metal pearl or some other variation of silver...chalk me up in the old fart catagory....
Old 08-28-2004, 10:01 PM

toodeep - Don't ever regret your choice of champagne mist. It is a very mature color, often chosen by self-confident folks who feel they have nothing to prove to anyone, and don't intend using the color of their car to project their personality or 'speak' for them.

I have noticed that tannish tints are popular with my neighbors and friends that I knew were more than well-off financially. Most of these folks are also very common-sense, good neighbor types who lean to a lower profile style of life.

Tones in the tan (and light tan) family are also very popular in the southwest. I think that is because they are synonymous with the natural colors of the area.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:01 PM
Banned

toodeep, don't stray from the heart. I too like the champagne mist and have come to learn that a lot of people think it's ugly or not suitable for their taste...I just don't understand why. I have an 01 PATHFINDER that we purchased in the "champagne" color scheme and I think it looks really nice...especially after I clean it! Now, my choices for the MAX when I purchased it was white, black, or champagne (or even bronze), and when it came down to it, factoring in the options that I wanted (upgraded audio and/or sunroof), I chose the black. The black had the upgraded audio and there was a white one w/ just the sunroof. The champagne mist had BOTH of the options I wanted, but it just didn't "stand out" from the crowd. The black did, so I went w/ it...plus I've ALWAYS wanted a BLACK MAX...so needless to say, I went w/ my heart... IMO, your choice was a good one...they still look very cool!
Old 07-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

See Sig................................
Old 07-15-2006, 09:23 PM

Winter Frost here. Love the look of it at night.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by chernmax
See Sig................................
Red is the only way to go.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:35 AM

I had an '02 - it was a rare color of Tungsten Blue - and just traded it on a Majestic Blue '07 - first one at the dealership.

Harry
Old 07-16-2006, 08:45 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

04 radiant ember elite with burnt orange interior here...i assume it was the "other" option.

I brought it in to the nissan dealer where I live and nobody had ever seen one lol...the manager came out and asked me if i wanted to sell it
Old 07-16-2006, 02:44 PM

04 SE ..... as BLACK as Bush's heart

Quick Reply: What Color 04 Max do you drive?