6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

HID Headlight Assembly

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 11:13 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

HID Headlight Assembly

Does anyone have any experience switching the front turn signal bulbs? Wondering how difficult it is to get access to it. Do I have to remove the bumper?
Old 06-21-2004, 02:59 PM

you do not have to remove the front bumper in order to replace the turn signal bulbs, that is if you're talking about the bulbs in the headlight housing. i'm not sure if you have to remove the bumper to reach the corner bulbs that are located on the bumper.

if you mean the bulbs in the headlight housing then you will need to remove the plastics in the engine bay, and take out the windshield wiper fluid box. it gets kinda frustrating and all that but you will need to have some small hands and twist the bulbs so they come out. if you can achieve this you can probably achieve anything because this task is a pain in the ***!!

check the sig for the outcome
Old 06-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by nick wolff
you do not have to remove the front bumper in order to replace the turn signal bulbs, that is if you're talking about the bulbs in the headlight housing. i'm not sure if you have to remove the bumper to reach the corner bulbs that are located on the bumper.

if you mean the bulbs in the headlight housing then you will need to remove the plastics in the engine bay, and take out the windshield wiper fluid box. it gets kinda frustrating and all that but you will need to have some small hands and twist the bulbs so they come out. if you can achieve this you can probably achieve anything because this task is a pain in the ***!!

check the sig for the outcome
Nick, thanks for your reply. I've seen your cardomain before but I couldn't find it when I tried to look for it for the pics. Unfortunately, my hands are pretty big. I'm willing to give it a try though. As for the driver side, did you have to remove anything? I've got a Stillen intake, so the clumsy factory air box doesn't get in the way. It still seems like a tight squeeze back there though. I see you have the hyperwhite bulbs. I'm thinking of putting in LEDs. What do you think? The bulbs are 1157 right?