6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

New Chinese Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 03:39 PM
2004 Smoke

New Chinese Maxima

Did you see the announcement about the Chinese Teana (Max)? I like the air massage seats and the rear view camera picture in the centre console (maybe we will get that on an upgrade?)

Beijing – Nissan today unveiled its newest luxury sedan for China, the 3.5 liter V6 Teana, at the Beijing Motor Show. Named Tian Lai in Chinese, meaning ‘The Beautiful Sound of Nature’, the new sedan, with its elegant styling, luxurious interior, and refined and powerful driving performance is designed for successful, discerning and sophisticated customers.

The Teana will be built by Dongfeng Motor Co., Ltd. (DFL) at its Xiangfan plant in Hubei Province, where new investment and the introduction of Nissan’s standardized production methods will ensure the highest levels of global quality. The new car will go on sale across China from this autumn through DFL’s passenger vehicle dealer network.

Interior features include:

- Air-Massage Seats – the two front and two rear air-massage seats are designed to fit comfortably with the shoulder and backbone offering a relaxing back massage to relieve stress and tension.

- Rear View Monitor – real-time images of the blind area behind the car are relayed to a center console screen to reduce the risk of rear-end collision while reversing.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:02 PM
SuPeRmOd

would be too convient and make too much sense to pass US automotive regulations.
Old 06-24-2004, 04:36 PM

The 'view to the rear' is already on some vehicles in this country. I personally feel TWO 'view to the rear' cameras should be required on some of the behemoths I see on the roads these days.

I would not be at all surprised to see the rear camera on the generation 07 Maxima (2008 model), if not on the '06 (the traditional mid-gen revamp).

This feature would be more justifyable on the 6th gen Max than most cars, as the very wide turning circle/radius requires more backing up when turning.