6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Proud New owner of the Maxima SE 2004

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 03:38 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Proud New owner of the Maxima SE 2004

[FONT=Arial]

[SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]

Hello Everyone,

I, and my girlfriend are, as of tomorrow afternoon, proud owner/leasors of a new 2004 Maxima SE. We got the Journey package, onyx with black leather, basically the works except for the VCD package. Automatic transmission as the girlfriend doesnt know how to drive with stick and clutch and I dont feel like replacing a transmission in my attempt to teach her.

I found this site looking for possible upgrades to the Maxima and I love that this site has put so many good ideas under one website, including all the vendors of the perfomance parts.

This is my second performance sedan, the first being a 1994 Taurus SHO that I just loved. I am sure I will love the Maxima even more than that.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the the New England area sometime for whatever get togethers are in the works this summer/fall to talk about the cars, upgrades, mods, etc.

Right now I am just trying to get through the owners manual and the manual for the DVD GPS package...Whew...

Sometime down the line I am looking to upgrade the air intake, the fuel delivery, Turbo when available, any chip mods that get developed, and the usual suspension, brake upgrades. I think the air intake and the the cat-back are high on the wish list right now.

Great to be here and look forward to driving this Black Beauty tomorrow night when I take delivery. Cheers!!!

David
Old 06-27-2004, 04:26 PM

Welcome David. Im sure youre gonna enjoy your max. Just remember to stay away from Boston's crappy roads.
Old 06-27-2004, 07:12 PM

Congrtulations, David. I think you made a good choice. The black Max has to be the prettiest and sexiest, but I don't envy you keeping it clean!

You're gonna love the car - it's a keeper.

Mike
Old 06-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Good Luck with the car. They are a real pleasure to drive, especially on the Highway!
Old 06-27-2004, 08:23 PM

Welcome...and best of luck and enjoyment with the car. This '04 is my 3rd Max, and I have yet to be disappointed.

Stick close to this site and you will find out everything you need to know about the car. Some really good people posting some really good information.

I've personally learned a lot.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by jrussell915
Welcome...and best of luck and enjoyment with the car. This '04 is my 3rd Max, and I have yet to be disappointed.

Stick close to this site and you will find out everything you need to know about the car. Some really good people posting some really good information.

I've personally learned a lot.
Thanks Jrussel,

I see youre a local Bostonian too!!! GO Sox!!!

Anyways, yeah, I already learned quite a bit from this board already. Noticed the newest update for the Journey package and had the dealer install that new DVD before accepting the car. I heard from this board that the changes included the Big Dig reworking, pretty important stuff for us NE'ers.

Anyways, I have my plans in motion for a few minor changes in the overall setup of the car. Actually only had the car for a few hours and then I ran out daylight. You know, the worse part (the only bad part actually) about driving at night is being able to see the bugs in the beams before they splatter into the front of bumper/grill and get their guts all over the virgin paint!!!!

Going to be doing some cleaning this weekend!!! LOL

Thankas again for the welcome.

David
Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 AM

Congrats. Now slap on some 20s.