6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

No problems with my Max

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 03:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

No problems with my Max

Man, here lately I feel like I am in the minority. But I have had no problems with my Max that I have been seeing all over this board. When I started reading this forum just a couple of months ago it seemed like most people that posted were pleased with their cars. Here in the past few weeks it seems like there is a growing concern of problems. I would like to make this thread for people who love the Max or better yet, have not had any of these many problems I am hearing about. I may be one of the lucky one's so far and if I had the many problems listed, I am sure I would be angry as well. Just wanted to see if I am in the minority or is it just because you hear more when things go bad?
Old 07-07-2004, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by mattlerose
Man, here lately I feel like I am in the minority. But I have had no problems with my Max that I have been seeing all over this board. When I started reading this forum just a couple of months ago it seemed like most people that posted were pleased with their cars. Here in the past few weeks it seems like there is a growing concern of problems. I would like to make this thread for people who love the Max or better yet, have not had any of these many problems I am hearing about. I may be one of the lucky one's so far and if I had the many problems listed, I am sure I would be angry as well. Just wanted to see if I am in the minority or is it just because you hear more when things go bad?
I can't say my Maxima is problem free, but I'm very satisfied with my Maxima. No shimmy, there is a little grinding from 1st to 2nd when cold, but I could live with that. The only problem is that my 1st 2004 Maxima died in 4 days. Other than that, my Maxima is a-ok.
Old 07-07-2004, 04:35 PM

I'm with you guys. I love my Max. I've had a couple of the issues that are mentioned on here but nothin major.

Bob
Old 07-07-2004, 04:51 PM

I've had my Max for a month and a half now and I don't have any complaints. It feels solid, drives like a dream and is quiet.

The only problem I've had is controlling my speed! I caught a little buzz today going down the Interstate. I thought I was going to get my first ticket in the Max. I slowed down and the cop followed me for a while then went around. whew!
Old 07-07-2004, 08:24 PM

Love my SE.

I have her for 10 days, two carwashes+one oilchange+one Trenz grill+one radar detector+one dropped-in K&N airfilter and 1800miles. Loving every minute.
Some minor issues and I don't even bother with them:
* Glovebox is a bit off (I wouldn't notice if not for people here mention it). But it's not off by that much (1/8").
* The trunk is a bit off (found out after staring @her backend for long periods of time).
Old 07-07-2004, 10:08 PM
*moderator*

I've had a few issues but overall I couldn't be happier with my Max, 8 months today, 13000 miles!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 05:01 AM

3 months, 9000 miles, 3 oil changes, 2 tire rotations, Trenz grill. Only problem has been the infamous glove box alignment. Had a couple of other interior panels that weren't installed correctly (clips hadn't caught right) but quickly fixed by dealer. Actually this has been the most trouble free car I've ever bought ( and this is my 10th brand new vehicle going back aways).

The only gripe I have is the turn signal isn't loud enough. With the roof open, and the stereo at a decent level (not blaring or anything) I can't hear the turn signal...maybe that's why so many people complain of turn signal problems here recently.

Getting ready to switch the screen to blue or green, and the guages as well. Am going to work on the hvac and radio controls color as well.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:54 AM
andymax95

didn't start with problems but after 7 months and 14000 miles, I'm starting to get all those problems every one talks about. Had my car in the shop yesterday for a couple issues and its going back for the same problems next week.

When I told them everything I brought the car in for wasn't fixed, I mentioned about orger's and other dealers around the U.S. not finding remedies for these problems. They cut me off and told me that they can fix anything.

SO WHY THE FOCK ISN'T MY CAR FIXED YOU GOD DAMN POLE SMOKER

Old 07-08-2004, 12:02 PM

6,000 miles later for me...no problems for me except the shimmy! No matter what, I still love my Max!
Old 07-08-2004, 12:36 PM

Don't get off track w/complaints!

I've also had a couple of the issues, but just because I complain doesn't mean I dont totally love my car! It's awesome!

Good thread!
Old 07-08-2004, 03:45 PM

I'm like MaxFan above; glove box maybe 1/8th" off, but I have printed the tech doc for adjusting it, and will do so. Trunk lid 1/4" further from the bumper on left side, but not worth fooling with.

I love the way this SL drives, and I love the pleasantly controlled ride. I look forward to many nice long enjoyable trips in this very impressive near-luxury '04 SL.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:03 PM

9 months and 18,000 miles. The nearest thing I have to "problems" is discoloration on the info screen and the stiff shifting when cold ... both items the TSB's have covered and I know they'll fix. I just have to find the time to take it in! Otherwise, the car has really impressed me ... and some of my friends and family!

Mike
Old 07-08-2004, 06:23 PM
Rob

I've had my '04 since last July 24th... 6,000 miles and not a single problem. Not one. I guess that white cars _are_ better (!)

Cheerz
Old 07-08-2004, 06:27 PM

You normally don't hear the good stuff, only the bad. Some people have legit gripes/problems but a some people seem to ***** about small things and turn them into big deals. You should see some of the SVT Cobra boards. I would say the majority of people with 03/04 Cobra's are happy but the few with issues really speak out. If you read just a few of those threads, you would think the majority of all late model Cobra's have major issues. I just don't think it's true even though mine had one of the big issues, the stall. I've had one minor issue with my Maxima in 10,000 miles and it was fixed at the dealer. Other than that, great family car.
Old 07-08-2004, 06:36 PM

Andymax, you have my favorite 6th gen.. How much did you pay for the rims, how much for tires, and what I really love about you car is that colored part on your bumper that is usually black (lower part of the bumper)... how much did you pay to get that painted?

Originally Posted by andymax95
didn't start with problems but after 7 months and 14000 miles, I'm starting to get all those problems every one talks about. Had my car in the shop yesterday for a couple issues and its going back for the same problems next week.

When I told them everything I brought the car in for wasn't fixed, I mentioned about orger's and other dealers around the U.S. not finding remedies for these problems. They cut me off and told me that they can fix anything.

SO WHY THE FOCK ISN'T MY CAR FIXED YOU GOD DAMN POLE SMOKER
Old 07-09-2004, 05:11 AM
andymax95

Originally Posted by Oxidizer2k
Andymax, you have my favorite 6th gen.. How much did you pay for the rims, how much for tires, and what I really love about you car is that colored part on your bumper that is usually black (lower part of the bumper)... how much did you pay to get that painted?

Thanks man. I got rims and tires mounted, balanced for around $2700. I got the cornering light section painted when my car was in for insurance repair. So at that time I purchased my grill and spoiler and had everything painted covered under insurance. If you say my sig, the dude with the other max, got his painted, he gave me the idea to get it done, but he mentioned it was around 150 bucks.

Old 07-09-2004, 07:44 AM

If we get th 6th gen maxima, I want your car.. I mean a car like yours.. Tints, the whole bumper painted.. but not rims... I dont think ill be able to afford them til next year........ those rims are a perfect choice for that color.. I went to cardomain and so many people pu ghetto a$$ rims on their car that dont make it look good... but yours does.

BTW... those pics you have on cardomain is not enough, take some more....