6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Loaner Car from Dealer??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Loaner Car from Dealer??

When your Max is in for service (normal maintenance or warranty work), does your dealer give you a loaner car?

Mine actually picks up my car for service and leaves me with a car....or truck....Armada, Titan, Maxima, and even a 350Z....

What does your dealer do for you?
Old 07-11-2004, 04:57 PM

Lucky you !

The service you got is unheard of. You're a very lucky man !
I never want to see the dealer after the purchase, doing many things myself. Major stuffs (brakes, timing belt...) I'm going to a trusted mechanic. Last time I went in for a warrantied service, they shuttled me to work one way. Around here (southern CA), they only give you a loaner when you do big $$$ services.
I bought a lemon Mitsu some years back. Many times I brought the car in for fixings and they gave me a rental car every time. Man, Mitsu is doing anything to sell their cars. Too bad they have many problems.
The good thing about the Max is most likely you won't see the dealer again (my '97Max never. My '99Pathfinder only had the gas gauge replaced under-warranty which I didn't really need - it took awhile to goto full)
Old 07-12-2004, 04:55 AM
KC's FINEST

Everytime I take mine in for TSB work Im given a loaner. The new car sales manager says they usually dont give them but I bought two cars in one month so they do what they can to please me
Old 07-12-2004, 05:00 AM
andymax95

damn, all they do is grab me by the ***** and talk smack

Old 07-12-2004, 05:05 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The one time I got a loaner was for when they tried to diagnose a rattle someone from under my hood (I've taken my car to them maultiple times for this, yet they *STILL* cannot find it and it is driving me bonkers). Anyway, one time they said that they would have to keep my car overnight (since the rattle is worst when it is cold...) and so they gave me a loaner - a 2002 Dodge Intrepid, I believe. Worst car ever - cracked winshield (that was still spidering), severly abused brakes/warped rotors, half eaten hamburger and accompanying fries and used napkins in floor board/under seat, etc. I've had my car in SOOO many times (the first was just a couple of days after I bought it - super low tranny fluid [almost didn't register on the stick]).

Consider yourself lucky that you are given the chance to have a 350Z as a loaner while they work on your car! I've never even driven a Z...
Old 07-13-2004, 04:09 AM

I took mine in once so far and was given a rental by my salesman, only because that was a presales agreement.

I was horrified when he pulled around the building in a Hyundai Leganza!

I'll bet he got a good laugh from the look on my face.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:18 AM
andymax95

down poured around here yesterday, get into my car at lunch and its leaking, not through the moonroof but through the overhead light/sunglass holder.
So I immediately go to the dealer and expalin the issue that i have water in my electric system. And I have an appointment on weds. because they never fixed what it was going in for last weds. And i asked to drop it off and get a loaner and they denied me.
Eventhough the extended warranty grants you a loaner vehicle while your car is in for maintence.
What I bunch of a@sholes. I hope there focking dealership burns to the ground those bastards. Finally talked to the GM and said they'll give me a car on Weds. But that's not the point, I needed a loaner yesterday not 2 days from then. So as of now my car is just sitting in the garage.

Old 07-20-2004, 05:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by andymax95
down poured around here yesterday, get into my car at lunch and its leaking, not through the moonroof but through the overhead light/sunglass holder.
So I immediately go to the dealer and expalin the issue that i have water in my electric system. And I have an appointment on weds. because they never fixed what it was going in for last weds. And i asked to drop it off and get a loaner and they denied me.
Eventhough the extended warranty grants you a loaner vehicle while your car is in for maintence.
What I bunch of a@sholes. I hope there focking dealership burns to the ground those bastards. Finally talked to the GM and said they'll give me a car on Weds. But that's not the point, I needed a loaner yesterday not 2 days from then. So as of now my car is just sitting in the garage.
Sounds like you need to make a trip down the turnpike and over the Commodore Barry Bridge and visit my dealer over in Delaware County, PA

(of course, 10-12 inches of rain in an hour or so, might cause you some problems....at least you're not in Lumberton or Medford Lakes)
Old 07-21-2004, 02:55 PM

I get a loaner when my car is in for service. Usually some dodge from their used lot. I was promised by the salesman (who is no longer there) and I hold them to it. I only deal with the GM now.
Old 07-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

When I bring my car in for service at the dealership I bought it from there is always a car for me. When I go to any other dealership there isn't.

Which makes sense. They are always willing to shuttle my azz around town while the car's in the shop so I can't really complain about that.

CM.