6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2 nissan dealers both bad service what should i do with these problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 07:27 PM

2 nissan dealers both bad service what should i do with these problems?

I went to a dealer where i didnt buy my car and told them my problems. audio left speakers are muffled, squealing noise when i start car occasionaly, they said both were fine..... then told them about cold start bad shifting. they said its normal on maxima but i saw a tsb for cars before november 2003 i purchased mine october.
i went to the dealership i bought my car and theyll replace my center console cd player and stuff. the way i got them to do this is i went there and complained to the manager about service. using highly sophisticated words. Does anyone know if a tire well is ripped can it be covered under warranty?
I got my glovenbox repaired. saw there was not key lock on it.. complained.
still have steering wheel shimmy.
left mirror doesnt adject properly with seat adjust.

im sick and tired of the dealerships around me.. getting tired of there bad service. how can i fully describe these problems to them :
1. wheelshimmy
2.squealing of engine when started
3. cold start bad shift
4. left mirror doesnt adjust Properly but it does move.
5. brakingshimmy
6. bad wrinkles in the leather.

I seriously think i bought a piece of junk IM only 18 so they probably dont take me seriously. i have had these problems since probably 2k miles now ihave 25k miles 9 month old car. i was just to lazy to fix stuff on my car till now.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:04 PM

i think i noticed that already lol
Old 07-21-2004, 04:40 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I have (or have had) many of the same problems. There is now a TSB for the wheel shimmy and bad shifting. Also, the braking shimmy is probably indicative of warped rotors (the warrant yofr these expired at 12k/1 year) - I just had mine turned at 11.5K (would not replaced them).

As for the other things.... like the squeal when the car starts, I have that too every once in a while.. sounds more like a rattle to me though (I think people have theorized that it happens more in cooler weather and could be the timing chain making noise). I also have some pretty bad wrinkles in the leather (mostly in passenger side......). I do not have the faulty left mirror however or muffled audio.

Demand a TSB to fix the shifting and wheel shimmy. Demand that they fix the mirror and audio. These should be covered under the bumper-to-bumper warranty (36K/3year). If they do not fix them to your satisfacion, then document it and keep trying... if they still will not, then either elevate it to Nissan or you can petition for a lemon law lawsuit.
Old 07-21-2004, 06:12 AM
andymax95

I'm having the same problems, dealer can't fix sh*t. So I'm documenting all my claims and sending them with a letter to corporate nissan. I was also told if you get bad service there is a number you can call and complain. 1-800-NISSAN1