6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

What Would You Do?????

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 12:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

What Would You Do?????

I'm going to start this post off by saying "I am so angry that it is hard to type right now" I took my 04 SE that is 4 months old with 3,500 miles on it into service for its first oil change (along with the wheel shimmy problem for which I had the TSB with me) They told me they could not guarantee that I would have the car back that day because of the length of time the TSB would take. I said fine, thinking to myself just fix the shimmy problem at all costs. So sure enough I did not get the car back that day. The next day at around 4:00 pm the service department calls me. Now, before I go on, I need to say that from the first day I drove this car off the lot this wheel shimmy existed and although it was annoying I told myself when I go for the first oil change I will have them fix it (either by correctly balancing the tires or a TSB if it came down to that) So back to the service department phone call, the guy tells me "MY FRONT RIGHT RIM IS BENT and they rotated the front tires into the back and now the shimmy is gone but I am going to need to replace the rim at a cost of $500" Now if that rim is in fact bent, then that means it was sold to me like that because the shimmy was always there from mile # 1 but there is no way for me to prove it. What is my best course of action????
Old 08-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by NICKSE
Now if that rim is in fact bent, then that means it was sold to me like that because the shimmy was always there from mile # 1 but there is no way for me to prove it. What is my best course of action????
Unless there is physical damage to the wheel, i.e. a curbing or chuck-hole hit the in some way damaged the wheel (I would think that you could see this) then the dealer should replace the wheel under warranty. See other threads here with the same discussion...

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=330912