6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

My 04 max is killing me ~ Help...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 06:50 AM

My 04 max is killing me ~ Help...

Whats up everyone, I have had my max for like 4 months now and last month I started to notice a "Bouncing" noise from teh front passenger tire, very slight noise that worked its way up to a big noise. It sounded like the strut was going or a bult was way loose and every time I thit a bump the thing would sound horrible, brought it to nissan, and they said they changed the strut. Was fine for about another month, and now... SAME DAMN THING.. I dont think the strut is bad, I think a bolt is loose that they didnt even realized they tightened when putting the new strut on.. My question is, with the "strut" going bad, is there anything else I should have them look at? I would guess that I should mention that they should look at:

1. the problem obviously...
2. Alignment?
3. Tire wair?

I am very saddened by my mad.. Not only did I have this problem but the other day my rear window came off the track.. was a ***** to fix..
Old 09-07-2004, 10:57 PM
Banned

are you talking about the knocking sound when you're going over big bump?
i had the same problem like a month ago, so I took it to the dealer.
they said they couldn't replicate the sound, so I had to drive it to replicate it. they said they're gonna replace the front struts, so i told them that I think
the sound is coming from the rear suspension. anyways, they replaced front
struts. and....it's still there. I called them and told them it's still there on the
next day and told them i'll go back later. I'm gonna check out the other dealer, and see what they say.