6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

2005 Nissan Maxima "Flagship Enhancements" Straight from Nissan's Corp Sales Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2004, 11:35 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

2005 Nissan Maxima "Flagship Enhancements" Straight from Nissan's Corp Sales Magazine

called "Shop Talk"

Lauded with awards and praise from the press at it's launch last year, Maxima enhances its flagship status with these changes.

*The 3.5-liter V6 engine now meets ultra low emissions vehicle (ULEV or LEV2) standards in all 50 states. This means it emits fewer hydrocarbons than vehicles with an LEV rating.

*Traction Control System (TCS) becomes standard on all trim levels (late availability).

*All Maximas receive Nissan's Advanced Air Bag System (AABS) (SRS), which includes an occupant classification weight sensor for the front-passenger seat. The system monitors whether there is an occupant in the seat, wether a child restraint seat is in place, or whether the front passenger is a child. As a part of this system, the seat belt warning light now illuminates if either the driver's or front-passenger's seat belt is not buckled when the seat is occupied.

*Leather-appointed seat trim now has a softer and more luxurious feel.

*Additional chrome-finish interior trim accents enhance Maxima's quality appearance, and the metallic-tone interior trim is revised for improved appearance and enhanced durability.

*A 12-volt power outlet is added at the front of the shifter surround.

*Auto-dimming driver and passenger side outside mirrors are available.

*Front and rear brake calipers are now painted black (previously painted gold).

*Cargo net mounting hooks are revised, and the cargo net is changed to fit them.

*Prewiring for satellite radio is not limited to the Bose audio system.

I went down to the dealership today to get an estimate on replace my 2 passenger windows due to an attempted break in (long, long story).

Hope this helps the 6th gen guys and potential 6th gen customers.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:35 PM

maximadave - very interesting. Thanks. This pretty much fits with (and adds to) lists we have been seeing here the last few weeks.

I had not heard about the ultra-low emmissions rating of the '05. That is a definite plus for the environmentally inclined.

Seems as if the air bag system has been further enhanced for '05. That is good.

The language covering the new SE interior is interesting. We heard early on the new SE interior trim would be 'brushed' metallic. This was exciting to most of us. But when the SEs began ariving at my dealer almost a month ago, I immediately realized the SE interior was not 'brushed' metallic. I felt it had a distinctly 'mottled' look. Now the Nissan article calls it 'metallic tone'. I will be interested in hearing how drivers take to the new SE interior trim.

Your post also explains the Traction Control question. We had heard TCS would be standard on the '05. But then I saw several '05s on my dealer's lot with TCS added as a $300 option. That was confusing. From your post, we see that TCS will be standard on the '05, but with LATE AVAILIBITY. In the meantime, it is a $300 a pop option. Ummm..

I guess the 'late availability' thing also applies to the brake calipers. The ones on the 16 '05 Maximas on my dealer's lot have the same olive-gold calipers as my '04 SL.

Thanks again for the post.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:59 PM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

Do you see the monthly magazine your dealership gets directly from Nissan?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:04 PM

Can somebody please explain how changing the caliper paint color "enhances" the flagship? Changing that fugly grill, that'd be an enahncement...
Old 09-08-2004, 03:09 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by CCS2k1Max
Can somebody please explain how changing the caliper paint color "enhances" the flagship? Changing that fugly grill, that'd be an enahncement...
i like my grille thank you very much. and my calipers were no kind of gold. they were bare metal. now they're a nice glossy red. if they actually paint them black (i saw olive at the dealer) it's an enhancement because they usually turn a nasty algae color.
Old 09-08-2004, 04:53 PM

maximadave - No, I do not see the monthly Nissan magazine at my dealer. I look thru everything in the waiting room every now and then, and it just Home and Garden, Woman's Day, Jack and Jill, etc.

It would be nice if this publication was also on the net. Next time you see a copy, please see if there is an associated net site. Or maybe even a subscription option.

The Nissanusa site is great for many things, but is usually the slowest place to post the latest news.

edit - CCS2k1Max - I feel the toothy grille actually looks OK on the SL. Sort of a 'luxo-classic' look. Kind of goes with the SL image. I agree the grille does not look 'SEish'. The SE should have a more 'performance' oriented grille. JMHO.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:28 AM
detailerdaveb@gmail.com

pm me your address and I'll send you out the Sept Issue.