6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Need help evaluating 2005 SE Maxima offer(s)

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 10:51 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Need help evaluating 2005 SE Maxima offer(s)

Thank you for anyone and everyone's input.. as I'm a bit of a beginner, I couldn't find additional help around this topic. I'm in process of buying a new Maxima. Here are the 2 offers I have on the table. I'm Chicago by the way. My question are : Are these good compared to your own or what you've heard experience? - --- Is the traction control package really that important on the Maxima considering it's front wheel drive and has ABS already...

I've got 2 offers on the table (both at 200 dollars below invoice) Both are XE
Offer 1: Driver's preferred pack, floor mats, navi, splash guards, XM, and skyview. W/ 2.0% financing- for 30593 -500 for college grad rebate= 30093 + ttl

Offer 2: Driver's preferred pack, floor mats, sunroof, Traction Control Package w/ 2.0 % financing for 29051 + ttl

Input would be greatly appreciated.

-..comments?
Old 09-23-2004, 11:16 AM
SuPeRmOd

whats XE? I'm guessing SE? skyview is standard.

So for $1.5k less you lose navi, splash guards, and xm, but gain TC and sunroof?

Will you use Navi and sub. for XM? (IMO Sirius is better if you can choose) At these prices (0-low miles right?) I would probably get the second. The NAVI screen would look really nice just to use for audio, HVAC controls, and other features. Other hand do you really want the sunroof? I know some have it and will never open it. I love mine and use it everyday. Plus you can add the splash guards and Sirius to #2. (Try to get splashes free, Sat would be hard).

side note, what are the color(s)? and you luck dog, you'll have the auto dim side mirrors! I think these are great prices, #1 a little better if you desire Navi. and Sat. You're getting a similar/slightly better deal than I got in May for my 04 (200 above invoice 1.9%) and was 1 year late for the college grad disc.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:53 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Sounds like an o.k. deal. my 04 SE (smoke w/Frost leather/sunroof) was $27320 +ttl had all except for TCS and Navi. I got pinstriping and splash guards for free. Tried to swing the Sat but didnt get it. So it really depends if you are are gonna user the Navi system or not. Personally i didnt want the sunroof cuz i dont even open it but it was part of the car. I wish i had gotten VCD and TCS but oh well winter weather doesnt get too bad here in Houston
Old 09-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

2005 ? already $200 below invoice. cannot believe it.

Take out the Navigation package. it will be of more use to you than the sun-roof. plus in chicago, you cannot use it for atleast 5 months.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

College grad rebate? I was looking at that and it didn't list the max as a qualifying car... you should double check that part...
Old 09-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just purchased my new SE on Wednesday in Dayton Ohio. SE w/driver preferred and Navigation. List was $32 + and they took $5,000 off the sticker price (2004) model.

One of the local (Cincinnati) dealers had a bait & switch offer, but didn't have the key (Navigation) I wanted. I went on the net and found what I wanted in Dayton. Called the dealer and told them about the add. After I agreed to buy if the matched they agreed and I drove the 50 miles up the road and took it off the lot. The $5,000 included the rebate of $1,000 and I had to get a "retail" loan but it was still less than 4% simple without any prepay penalty.

I have access to Nissan's VPP program and this was better. The first time in my life a car purchase was a pleasant experience. Hope this helps.

Jim
Old 09-24-2004, 07:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

thanks for the replies and thoughts everyone~

This car is for my GF. (I have an acura TL'04 w/ navi) Considering she always gets lost and her being a traveler nurse (goes to different hospitals all the time) I figure the navi was a key for her.

I do admit being in Chicago, I'm a bit nervous not having the traction package, but it being a front wheel drive and ABS standard brakes, I'm hoping it's not that much of a key necessity.

The car is an 2005 (black on black) with the driver's preferred package, xm, and Navi. Apparently the car is located in Iowa (about 200 miles away) and the salesman is driving up there to pick it up. So I'll have probably about 200 or so miles on it from the drive, which I'm ok with. Not that much of a biggie.

I agree with the sunroof comment living in Chicago. We don't get the chance to use it much anyways. I'm a little cofused about the comments about the navi. Are you saying the Navi on the nissans isn't that good?

I'm a little biased being an acura owner- I think it's very intuitive (better then the one Toyota makes).. I'll have to see for myself regarding the Nissan one in detail after we get it.

-I'll try to get the splash guards in it as well.. any other items I shoud try to get or negotiate a price on before I walkout with the car?

Thanks again for the replies. The car is truly beatiful and an amazing ride.

Thanks!
-Sachin