6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

TSB's and speaker question

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 01:48 PM

TSB's and speaker question

I have noticed many of the TSB's that are listed on the other pages and have made an appointment with the dealership to have my car looked at. My question about that is, are they only obligated to perform the work if they hear or confirm the problem? For example, if I take the car and they don't hear the gurgling that I most often times hear or if they decide that the shifting isn't to hard to warrant the "shift shock" work what would my options be?

Also, I have the "premium sound system" as listed on the sticker and just noticed that when faded all the way to the rear nothing comes from the rear shelf speakers. My question is this, are there really speakers in there or does it only have Bose written on it? I want them to check why they aren't working...if there are speakers there.
Thanks
Old 10-05-2004, 02:02 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Rear Deck Speakers

I have a 05 SE with the Bose Premium Sound System. I too noticed that there is no sound from the rear deck speakers. Get this, I went to Best Buy because I wanted to add an amp so I can run a Sub to the Bose System like I have with all my Nissan previous to this one. He (the installer) took the back cover inside the trunk where the speakers are located in the rear deck and behold, there are two 8" subwoofers. There is no sound coming from them but they are supposed to be connected and hooked up. If they are connected the volume is so low that you can't notice any bass at all from them. I will call Nissan and see what the deal is here. Great post!

Ron
Old 10-05-2004, 03:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My Bose speakers in the rear deck are very functional and used to contribute to rattles in the rear deck. "Used to" because I did the sock mod on the deck. Pull the brake light and stuff a sock between the upper deck and the metal support below.

If there is no bass coming from those speakers when the fader is completely to the rear you should bring the vehicle back for service.

CM
Old 10-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I rechecked mine; they are working when I put the fader to the rear but they still sound like S@#t. I am disappointed with the overal sound of the Bose. Nissan should have put some dynamat in the rear deck to quiet the rattles. It looks like I am going to have to invest in some dynamat because the rattles are annoying with the music on. I read the problems here that people are having with their Max's and I feel somewhat disappointed because this is my first and I always wanted a Max. It still seems to be built with more quality materials than the 03 Altima 3.5 I had.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Go get 2 clean socks instead of Dynamat.
Old 10-05-2004, 07:36 PM
Banned

If the rear speakers are not working why don't you exercise your warrenty and get them fixed. Sounds like either your Bose amp or the Clarion headunit may be the problem. Perhaps its just a loose connector. Let us know what you find out.
Old 10-05-2004, 09:12 PM
*moderator*

My 8's worked until I pulled them out to let the 10's in the trunk flow into my car, much better!!!
Old 10-06-2004, 07:06 AM
Banned

If the headunit is bad,how would replacing the speakers solve the OP's problem? Oh I get it, you just wanted to draw attention to your new stuff. You got a sweet ride there! All I'm saying is that this guy needs to get to the root of his problem before he starts swapping things out. It would also help other members of this board if he went to the dealer and made them do thier job.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:23 AM

I was experiencing the rear deck rattle as well. After taking my Max in 3 times to get it fixed, the final attempt the dealership covered the rear deck with some type of foam padding. This took care of the rattling. I can crank it up to way over 20 with full bass and I dont hear hardly any distortion at all. I agree thought that Nissan did a very poor job of designing that rear deck. Dynomat would be nice.