6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Hello!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hello!!!

Well I was unhappy with my 04' Toyota 4Runner and traded it in for an 05' SE! Man, do I love this car.

When I went to the dealer I told them that I wanted the vehicle dynamic control in it and they said that the one I wanted had it. So, when I went home, I looked at into it. Nope, no VDC. So I called up the dealer and complained to them that they lied to my face, telling me it was in the car. The man didn't say anything for a good two minutes. He said that he was very sorry and asked if anything could be done. He asked if I wanted "stripes" or tinted windows. I'm still thinking of what I should do, it's not right that they lied to my face.

What would you do?

Anyway, I love the car, soon to have pics too.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:22 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by morrow24
Well I was unhappy with my 04' Toyota 4Runner and traded it in for an 05' SE! Man, do I love this car.

When I went to the dealer I told them that I wanted the vehicle dynamic control in it and they said that the one I wanted had it. So, when I went home, I looked at into it. Nope, no VDC. So I called up the dealer and complained to them that they lied to my face, telling me it was in the car. The man didn't say anything for a good two minutes. He said that he was very sorry and asked if anything could be done. He asked if I wanted "stripes" or tinted windows. I'm still thinking of what I should do, it's not right that they lied to my face.

What would you do?

Anyway, I love the car, soon to have pics too.
I would return the car immediately! VDC is a very important safety feature, and has been shown to reduce accidents. Insist on this!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:55 AM

Did you pay for it? Look over your paperwork. Not sure exactly how much that option is but I think it is anywhere from $600-900. A crappy tint job cannot take the place for it. They are trying to rake you over the coals. Go in there and raise hell and insist on a new car with VDC and then MAKE them give you the tinting anyway for all the trouble they've caused you.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:57 AM

unless its stated in your paperwork that the car comes with VDC do you have a point. If its not there, then I doubt anything can be done. Dealers tend to be F'n Liars just to make a sale.

p.s. dont get stripes!
Old 12-22-2004, 05:57 AM

damn i type slow maxzma
Old 12-22-2004, 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by PaL379
unless its stated in your paperwork that the car comes with VDC do you have a point. If its not there, then I doubt anything can be done. Dealers tend to be F'n Liars just to make a sale.
Look, they should be happy to make you happy, so let them find you one with VDC. If the salesguys refuse, insist on talking with the owner of the dealership. If that doesn't work, tell them you are leaving the car, that you don't want it, and that you are calling Nissan North America as well as the Better Business Bureau. And walk away.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:23 AM

Welcome! Glad to another fellow Long Islander here! What dealer did you go to? That is not good business. Let me know how it works out.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:32 AM

lobewiper, I wish dealers insist on making us happy. I hope morrow24 gets the VDC in his car, but if its not in writing, its almost usless. but since the car is still new, bring it back!

I'm sure the dealer acted like his best friend, told him the car has VDC and then spent 30 minutes going over the customer card survey, telling him to put all excellants across the board.

to the Long Islanders....I bought my max in L.I. as well, at Habberstad Nissan
Old 12-22-2004, 06:39 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

It was from the Smithtown Nissan dealer.

Thanks for the replies, I'm still debating on what to do.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

And no, I didn't pay for it.

I actually remember asking the seller if it was installed, and he said yes. That's not right at all.

VDC has to be factory installed, correct?

They knew they were getting away good with my truck, so they wanted to get the maxima away ASAP. Hell, before I even said I wanted it, they asked when I wanted to pick it up. Picked it up 3 hours after purchase too.

What exactly does the VDC do? I know it comes stock with Traction control.

And PaL379, those are some nice pics on that site. Where in Brooklyn do you live, I use to live in Queens.
Old 12-22-2004, 10:05 AM

I live in bayridge, but I'm always in L.I. around Melville/Huntington Area because the wifey lives there.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Insist on what you were promised....salespeople are always trying to get away with everything....go over his/her head and speak ro a manager....
Old 12-22-2004, 04:22 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

sorry bout the rip off, but don't top it off with a stripe that doesn't look good.....
Old 12-22-2004, 04:31 PM

Pinstripes suck!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:15 PM

Morrow,

Stand up fpr your rights here, I hate dealers that yes you to death just to make the sale, it is why I used my friends dealership, Gregoris Nissan, he is a up front guy who tells it like it is.

As for pinstripes, wouldn't look good on the new Max.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:18 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Well they said their was no way we could get a new maxima, since the VDC has to be factory installed.

Instead, he wrote me a check for $600, which I guess is the near cost of the VDC. And remember, I never paid for it, so I'm now 600 bucks richer!
Old 12-22-2004, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by morrow24
Well they said their was no way we could get a new maxima, since the VDC has to be factory installed.

Instead, he wrote me a check for $600, which I guess is the near cost of the VDC. And remember, I never paid for it, so I'm now 600 bucks richer!
I always thought that the VDC option was $900, but since you didn't pay for it, I guess you don't care

Anyway, glad you got at least some sort of resolution - I imagine that you are one of the lucky ones with a worthwhile dealership.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:55 PM

It's better than nothing or pinstripes or free tinted windows......
Old 12-22-2004, 07:52 PM

Good for you.
Old 12-22-2004, 08:23 PM

Morrow24,

We got the same car and color!

We should meet and shoot the **** for awhile. I am in NY only for about 2 more weeks so let me know! I just got my windows tinted. Here is the link with a couple of cool pics.

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=362513
Old 12-22-2004, 09:33 PM

The Maxima VDC package on the '04 was $900, but that included TCS (Traction Control), VDC, PLUS a full size spare tire and alloy wheel matching the OEM wheels.

On '04s without the VDC package, TCS cost $300.

Beginning last month (Nov), Nissan made TCS standard on the '05 Maxima. That means the VDC package no longer includes TCS, hence should be less than $900.

As the dealer would probably charge around $600 for a new OEM alloy wheel alone, it would seem the VDC unit itself does not cost Nissan very much. But VDC cannot be added; it can only be installed at assembly time.

Nissan gave the VDC package 'short shrift' in the '05 Maxima brochures. In fact, I don't think it was even mentioned. I'm sure Edwards and Blue Book would show the price of VDC on an '05.

If you are like me, and never considered buying your car until you found exactly the car you wanted WITH VDC, the $600 is meaningless. If, however, you are a reasonable and safe driver, and do not absolutely insist on VDC, $600 is a very nice sum of money; probably about $500 more than having the VDC would bring when you trade this car in.

Just try to make a decision you can be happy with months from now.