6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

bose cd player BLOWS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2004, 01:48 PM

bose cd player BLOWS!

im sure everyone knows about the skipping in the cold thing it does, especially since its about 9 degrees over here in NY now. but for the last few months my cd player has also been doing another extremely annoying thing...

the left channel of sound cuts out almost completely whenever it wants, if i put the balance on the speakers to the left, even at max volume, u hear a staticy very low version of what you should hear. if i switch to the right, sounds find, if i switch to the radio, both left and right come on find...

does it with all cd's , burned, pruchased, and some cds dont do it one day, and then do it the next.

i brought it to the worst nissan i had expericne with, premium in new rochelle, and of course the response was "cant duplicate the problem".

it actually didnt do it for maybe a week or two after that (go figure) but not its back and my 1 year radio warrenty is up.

just wonderning if im the only one with this problem or if theres a solution.... lemme know
Old 12-21-2004, 02:17 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by fixxxer
im sure everyone knows about the skipping in the cold thing it does, especially since its about 9 degrees over here in NY now. but for the last few months my cd player has also been doing another extremely annoying thing...

the left channel of sound cuts out almost completely whenever it wants, if i put the balance on the speakers to the left, even at max volume, u hear a staticy very low version of what you should hear. if i switch to the right, sounds find, if i switch to the radio, both left and right come on find...

does it with all cd's , burned, pruchased, and some cds dont do it one day, and then do it the next.

i brought it to the worst nissan i had expericne with, premium in new rochelle, and of course the response was "cant duplicate the problem".

it actually didnt do it for maybe a week or two after that (go figure) but not its back and my 1 year radio warrenty is up.

just wonderning if im the only one with this problem or if theres a solution.... lemme know
1 year radio warranty? This should be covered under the 3 year bumper-to-bumper, right?

But it seems a lot of people have had this happen to them and the fix was to replace the CD player.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:30 PM

should be under the 3-year bumper to bumper. go back to that dealership, have the service advisor in the car with you and replicate it for him. have him fix it asap.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:34 PM
Banned

The three year 36K warrenty definitly covers this problem. The head unit is not supplied by Bose but by Clarion. Bose is not involved in the developement, specification, testing or manufacturing of the Clarion head unit, this is done by Clarion for Nissan. Nissan knows that there is a problem with this unit, insist that they replace it.
Old 12-21-2004, 03:22 PM

i am going to i guess.... but they told me the radio and such is only a 1 year warrenty.

im gonna get my manual out and look it up to make sure
Old 12-21-2004, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by fixxxer
i am going to i guess.... but they told me the radio and such is only a 1 year warrenty.

im gonna get my manual out and look it up to make sure
Way I look at it is bumper to bumper means....BUMPER TO BUMPER....PERIOD. I have had problems with stock stereos on other cars and never had the dealer have a issue with fixing it.
Old 12-22-2004, 12:24 AM

dude replace the headunit. nothing elecrically will go wrong with your car in the 3 year time period anyway!(unless you are one of the "lucky ones") my pioneer avic n1 sounds great with my ipod connected to it. the quality comming from the bose speakers is 1000 times better than with the useless clarion headunit. consider it dude. main problem with maximas is with the suspension and you do not lose your warranty on the suspension should u change the headunit.
Old 12-22-2004, 06:53 AM

My 6 disc changer is doing the exact damn thing. I thought it was the CD's I was burning at first but then I tossed in a brand new CD from Besy Buy and it was doing the same damn thing. It also does appear to be temp related. Seems as the car warms up and the cabin temp gets up near 50-60 it stops skipping as much. It still skips once in awhile after that but when its cold its horrible to listen to a CD that skips every couple of seconds.

Hope to take it in this week or next, warranty is up in 2000 miles. Glad I found a used one with a warranty still.

Was 10 degrees when I woke up this morning, it was skipping so bad I had to listen to the radio.
Old 12-22-2004, 07:47 AM

In NY as well and went to *** Nissan because I have had previous problems with Premium...*** said they didnt duplicate it either but i expected that because for some reason it happens to me in the cold but at high speeds...go figure?!?!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:24 PM

I don't even bother listening to CD's anymore, the radio is all i use being it takes so long for the car to read the cds smothly now.