6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How Anal Are You???

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2005, 12:29 AM
I never narc'd on nobody.

Originally Posted by 98MikeXimaSE
i dont want to be an ******* and no offense but the wording of the rules totally cracked me up.

"absolutly no touching the radio"

im glad the max is soooooooooo important to u
i find it funny, but in a rather unnerving kind of way... a bit more frightening than funny... i just cant imagine caring that much for a hunk of metal, even if i do like it, like i love my max, but at the end of the day, its just metal, or in your case, probably mostly plastic... oh how i miss the days when cars were made with metal exteriors, but thats just me...
Old 02-03-2005, 04:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I got the all weather mats when I got my car. I like to wear trail running shoes with a lip on the back and the lip wore completely through the mat and carpet of my old A4. Now that I have the all weathers...no worries. They were 65 bucks, but they fit just right and can be 409ed on the weekends.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 AM

Well I respect all of the"-E "analisms so far discussed, and I share many of them. I live in FL where it rains every day 3 months out of the year, so it's hard to keep her looking nice. I've been known to wash my car while it's sprinkling, then bring it into the garage and mist it with Mcguiars quick detail, then dry it off.

I think some of you guys go a little far, but my car is new so I understand completely. (I mean, going home cause there's no good parking place?) You're a lot more likely to have some idiot bump into you driving home than you are leaving your car in a parking lot.

So let me ask you all a question. If you got into a bad accident and your car got fixed up nice & pretty, would you still consider it 'untouched'. i.e. can you re-virginize a car? It happened to me, and sometimes I feel like 'whats the point'? But I plan on having this car for a long time so I always come back to that.

-> lates
Old 02-03-2005, 07:04 AM

I appreciate a nice car. It's a maxima, not mad special. If it were a TT 911 AWD, maybe. A contract to ride in a car is

Old 02-03-2005, 07:22 AM
Bandwagon Lover

Originally Posted by Smoke_Screen
Well I respect all of the"-E "analisms so far discussed, and I share many of them. I live in FL where it rains every day 3 months out of the year, so it's hard to keep her looking nice. I've been known to wash my car while it's sprinkling, then bring it into the garage and mist it with Mcguiars quick detail, then dry it off.

I think some of you guys go a little far, but my car is new so I understand completely. (I mean, going home cause there's no good parking place?) You're a lot more likely to have some idiot bump into you driving home than you are leaving your car in a parking lot.

So let me ask you all a question. If you got into a bad accident and your car got fixed up nice & pretty, would you still consider it 'untouched'. i.e. can you re-virginize a car? It happened to me, and sometimes I feel like 'whats the point'? But I plan on having this car for a long time so I always come back to that.

-> lates
For the most part, it does somewhat "de-virginize" the car. Of course, if the repair resulted in all paint chips being fixed, it may make you a bit more ****. The big problem comes when you purchase a used car, only to realize it had been hit/bumped and partially repainted. That's kinda like a new relationship with a woman, BEFORE she mentions any of her previous boyfriends. It's just never quite the same afterwards
Old 02-03-2005, 08:24 AM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by hofb99
Thought it would be interesting to see how **** forum members are w/ the care of their new $30K 6th Gen MAXIMA. Here's my original post excerpted from a semi-related thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=364500

"...as far as being paranoid, let me share w/ you some general rules of engagement I've laid down for my MAX:

1. ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, NO EATING/DRINKING/SMOKING IN MY RIDE!!! Family has been thoroughly briefed on this...had them sign paperwork on it... (nobody in my family smokes, but that one applies to other passengers...i.e., co-workers, friends, etc...in my case, quite appropriate that Nissan decided not to include an ashtray/lighter kit standard w/ the MAX)

2. No touching the radio, center console, or anything in/around the center dash area. Scratches on the faux metallic finish are a b!tch!!! Not to mention the unforgiving driver info center/display--I have an EXTRA-soft bristled brush that I use to shoo off dust on a daily basis. Also, don't want anyone changing any of my "personal" settings...

3. No fingerprints all over the exterior from entry/egress. Use only the palm of your hands or fabric from clothing to open/close my doors. Being that I frequently clean my car, I'm always pointing out fingerprints from them touching the car... I even find an occasional hand print or two on the windows from people peering into the car...

4. No touching windows on the inside. I have tinted windows and fear that my kids may scrape/peel the tint off. Also, getting those windows sparkling from the interior is a job and a half! Mainly the front windshield and rear window...

5. The kids have to stay completely out of the driveway when playing in the yard when my MAX is parked there. My two oldest kids love to skateboard and I cringe everytime I hear their boards hit the pavement near my ride--so now, they are to stay clear of the car completely when skateboarding. I also already have a foot-long hairline scratch on my driver's side door compliments of my 4-yr old's grip-less scooter handlebar. Have no idea how I'm going to fix it...been like that for about 9 months now...arrggghh!!!

6. Wife is no longer allowed to drive my car unless absolutely necessary. Not going to expose her shortcomings here, but let's just say she isn't quite as careful as me, although she claims to be extra careful when driving my car... My antecdote: reduce any risk by eliminating probable cause. If something has happened to the MAX, I know I did it...no one else... It's okay for me to be pissed @ myself, not someone else...

7. Only I load/unload the trunk (i.e., groceries, baggage, pkgs, etc...). I've found too many scratches, though minor to the average onlooker, on my rear bumper area and trunk. I've observed my wife and kids unpacking the trunk and witnessed them scraping their finger nails on the trunk lid when opening/closing the trunk; leaning against the rear bumper to reach in; just all kinds of crazy "normal" behavioral things one does...but, think it's pretty evident by now that I'm not "normal" when it comes to the care of my MAX, so I expect extra EXTRA care be given to my MAX when in/around it...

Well, the list goes on and on...that's just the tip of the iceberg, but as you can see, I'm really not playing when it comes to the care of my MAX..."

PLEASE POST YOUR "ANALISMS"!!!

wow, a **** camp on wheels. jesus, ever had a car before?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:07 AM
brotherhood of tq

i wonder wats gonna happen when u guys finally buy an expensive car?
Old 02-03-2005, 09:11 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i wonder wats gonna happen when u guys finally buy an expensive car?
It will be no different.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:56 AM
UCF Lexus

This is by far the est, most stupid thread Ive ever seen in the past 3 years.
Old 02-03-2005, 12:04 PM
VIP Maxima

i can so totally imagine this scene:

hofb99 is driving his 6th gen maxima and his passenger reaches over to change the radio channel. next thing u know, a ***** slap is coming and he slaps the back of passenger's hand followed by a mean, angry voice tone that can be heard saying "HANDS OFF PLAYER".

for me, no smoking inside AT ALL ! eating is only ok for ME and CLOSE friends. i only drive my car under all circumstances and only a few friends would get to drive it in a parkin lot or maybe streets (if i really feel like showing off the max to them). pretty much anything else is allowed.

Old 02-03-2005, 12:14 PM

Its a maxima not a ferrari, okthxbye..
Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Bandwagon Lover

Originally Posted by Sup3rlativ3
Its a maxima not a ferrari, okthxbye..
OMGHI2U

Who said a Maxima is not on the same level as a Ferrari?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:17 PM

There's been more comments on the gay nun experience that there has on my soul-searching desire to keep my repaired vehicle on a pedestal, WTF ?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:20 PM
Bandwagon Lover

OT came to you, buddy.

Be happy we are associating with the riff-raff
Old 02-03-2005, 01:17 PM
Disco Biscuit

We love you Smoke_Screen!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:24 PM

Want to hear something funny..The other day, I was coffee in my car ( which I rarely have in the car), I noticed that because of a slight bump in the road, some coffee had overflown from the cup and was about to fall on the leather seats...no caring about myself or my clothes, I closed my legs so that it would fall on me and not the seats
Do i get first prize for being "****" ?
Old 02-03-2005, 03:08 PM

Ok to get back on topic again....

I used to be very ****, that was until i got side swipped and my whole left side was messed up. So for exterior i don't care that much if it gets too dirty. As soon as that is fixed i will probably go back to being **** as all hell.

Interior wise no muddy shoes, eating only if i trust you, and don't touch buttons unless your given permission. My gf has a habit of spilling drinks, my friend loves to mess with the info screen, so those things aggrevate me.

The main rule is NO SMOKING. In my old car someone burned the visor, so never again will i let for anyone to smoke in the car. I'm sure i have other rules, i just can't think of them at this moment.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:06 PM
I never narc'd on nobody.

umm, how **** am i...? well, i dont smoke, so no one does in my car... theres currently crakcers of some kind ground into the floor mats on the passenger side, i blame the gf... dont pull up on the ebrake while im driving has always been a rule...i think thats about it, so that ranks as... not **** i guess, because ITS JUST A CAR! and yeah, its a 4th gen, but in my opinion, thats the best looking year of the max anyways.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:48 AM

How is it somebody else's business how someone enjoys their "own" car ? No one said that they think their car is a Ferrari or anything else for that matter. One way or the other it may be a Ferrari in their own mind and even if it is....htf is it anybody else's business.

So unless you have something more constructive to say, why don't the ones that are irratated by how somebody else takes care of their car leave the room and let others discuss and enjoy.
Old 02-04-2005, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by hofb99
Thought it would be interesting to see how **** forum members are w/ the care of their new $30K 6th Gen MAXIMA. Here's my original post excerpted from a semi-related thread:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=364500

"...as far as being paranoid, let me share w/ you some general rules of engagement I've laid down for my MAX:

Not that ****...

Y'all should see the pigsty its become in the winter....
Old 02-04-2005, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by SilverBelle04
How is it somebody else's business how someone enjoys their "own" car ? No one said that they think their car is a Ferrari or anything else for that matter. One way or the other it may be a Ferrari in their own mind and even if it is....htf is it anybody else's business.

So unless you have something more constructive to say, why don't the ones that are irratated by how somebody else takes care of their car leave the room and let others discuss and enjoy.
I agree it is their own business, and no one else's.... no one is irrItated by how other people take care of their care... the question was pretty much "How well do you take care of your car?" and some people had some of their own comments... so maybe you don't like the delivery... or the **** jokes... but it was all in good fun so don't take things so personally man....
Old 02-04-2005, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mystery_Man
Ok to get back on topic again....

I used to be very ****, that was until i got side swipped and my whole left side was messed up. So for exterior i don't care that much if it gets too dirty. As soon as that is fixed i will probably go back to being **** as all hell.
That's why I was asking, I had serious repairs done to my car and I'm just wondering if most people would consider their car 'still new' after something like that. I will always take good care of my car, but it's a weight I have to bare.

And yeah, I agree with SB - if ya aint got something productive to say then pi$$ off. "OT" boys included....Im not feeling special (admittedly I dont even know what OT is).
Old 02-04-2005, 12:15 PM
!OG SNES OG!

Originally Posted by SilverBelle04

heh, good to see you're still around Bob

Mike
Old 02-05-2005, 12:42 AM

not **** at all. its just a car, there are far more important things in my life than my maxima. it gets washed weekly when its warm outside, but ive done that with every car ive owned. ive washed it once since october. i got sand and salt crap on my drivers side floor mat. i need to clean my windshield, and the rest of the car for that matter. but most importantly i have fun while driving the car. i do donuts in the snow, yank the e-brake, go broadside. all the things that make driving fun. i eat in my car, i have no problem having sex in it, since we do it in her car too. the ONLY thing i dont allow in my car is smoking. but that dont make me ****, i just cant stand the smell of smoke.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:17 AM

What keeps me being **** about my interior is when I open up my door to get in, and that aroma of fresh leather hits me. MMMMMMMMMMMM.
Old 02-06-2005, 08:50 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

:same ? got asked in the 4th gen forums. Comparing this thread w/ the # of pages to the one in the 4th gen forums, I didn't know 6th gen owners were more protective of thier Max's than the 4th genners

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=376609
Old 02-06-2005, 08:59 PM
Always sunny in philly

the 4th gen thread was a mockery of this thread, rendering it closed.
Old 02-06-2005, 09:02 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by Nismotic
the 4th gen thread was a mockery of this thread, rendering it closed.
hey what's up Q?
Old 02-06-2005, 09:07 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
hey what's up Q?

because my 30k 4th gen needs lovin' too

whats going on, J? These rules must be the secret to get some poo-tang around here....
Old 02-07-2005, 12:06 AM

all of you are ****, if a FRIEND leaves his finger print on the window, then be a FRIEND and clean it, dont get mad.

the only thing im afraid of is them old people that park their cars next to me even though i park in the middle of nowhere and then they fling their doors open and dent my door. ack. oh and those shopping carts that fly down the hill and smash into peoples cars.. double ack.
Old 02-07-2005, 06:34 AM

i didn't realize there are so many OCD people here on 6th gen! i guess i just exhibit maybe 1/10 of the symptoms.

my gripe: no matter how far i park away from other cars, there will always be instances when cars park next to mine. maybe it's a max thing- you know how we park next to luxury cars if we are given the choice btn that and some beater car. i do my best to avoid getting door dents but even when i'm doing everything right, they still happen.

absolutely no smoking in my car!