6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Interior Lighting

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 07:36 AM

Interior Lighting

First of all, would like to say High to everyone as this is my first post here!

New owner of a Maxima 05 SE (1st Nissan vehicle ever as well), the only pieve I have and its not just nissan its alot of vehicles are the crapy poor yellow / orange light they use in the domes, I would like to change these out to something more vibrant and "CLEAN" looking, also the back liscense plate lighting , as well as under the hood and trunk. You would think that eventually car manufactures would stop using lighting technology from the 60's in modern day cars, especially flagship vehicles. Atleast the headlights I am pleased with!

Are there any after market bulbs that are decent to place in those domes?
Old 01-03-2005, 07:49 AM

Found this through a banner ad on this site, http://www.customenterprise.com/view...asd/scspid/972

Has anyone tried them? Do they easily replace current interrior dome lights?
Old 01-04-2005, 12:08 PM

*BUMP* , Sorry for the bump.. Has anyone replaced thier interioir dome lighting? Does the link above this post work in the 05 just plug and go? Any suggestions would be great!
Old 01-04-2005, 01:24 PM

i changed the light in the interior of the trunk, door lights, front floor lights, and the liscense plate lights to hyperwhite bulbs. it gives it a cleaner look. the bulb number is 194. i just ordered a pack of 10 on ebay. i didn't change the vanity mirror lights, map lights, or dome lights. the "yellow" light makes it easier to read compared to the hyperwhites.
Old 01-04-2005, 01:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by CyberCub
*BUMP* , Sorry for the bump.. Has anyone replaced thier interioir dome lighting? Does the link above this post work in the 05 just plug and go? Any suggestions would be great!
CE is custommaxima here on the forums... they're around every now and then, so you can PM them and ask them about the plug & play business. I personally don't care for my dome lights (have the interior lights off all the time) so I haven't noticed them sucking all that bad...

Take before/after pictures if you do replace them though... I'm sure somebody will be interested. Doesn't seem like a huge loss for $15 if they're not all that good though.