6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

How to install a aftermarket amp with a factory Bose System w/ Navigation.

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:02 PM

How to install a aftermarket amp with a factory Bose System w/ Navigation.

Here is my situation.

I am thinking about getting a Kicker KX600.1, Kicker Solo-Baric S12L72 subwoofer, R/T 793-12 subwoofer enclosure and a PAC AOEM-NIS2.

My question is how would I install it? Does anybody have any helpful hints?

My main concern is whether or not I should disconnect my battery because I am afraid of losing the memory in my Nav.

I have a little bit of experience in installing a subwoofer with a built in amp in a 1997 Infiniti I30 but I had an aftermarket Pioneer instead of a factory head unit. Plus, I have not done anything to any cars in a couple of years.

I currently have a Smoke 05 SE with all options except for the Elite Package and would like to install it as professionally as I can.

Any and all suggestions will be appreciated.

And yes I know that there is a Audio and Electronics section but I would like to stay with the 6th gen peepz.

Thanks!
Old 01-04-2005, 04:39 PM

1st off I Highly Recommend disconnecting Neg post on battery or removing certain fuses to take power away from audio components your choice tho. Atleast keep the heavy-duty fuse out your 12v cable that powers your amp til the very last minute!! (When everythings reconnected and you go to test it youll prob forget its out and wonder why no workie but its worth it trust me) Aint really seen the entire 6th gens audio/navi package but if its all incorporated in 1, as in radio and navi screen are the same unit u might be losing the navi but I doubt the engineers would do that knowing maximas need to be modded. If not where ever the radio is swap out w. your new cd player and dashboard kit. For my 5th gen to get my pioneer to work w. the bose amplifier I had to get a amplifier interface harness(thru crutchfeild or your local auto sound store). Lil black box w. all the + and _ wires for each speaker on 2 sides it goes in b/w your cars stock speaker harness thru the interface to your new headunits speaker wires. Then the rest is your usual system hookup basics, on the back of your headunit color to color, plug yur rcas into the new preamps and splice in a remote wire then run those to your amp. Then 12v power (with a heavy duty fuse in line), find a good ground and plug in remote and audio cables, good speaker wires from amp to wherever you want your subs and you should be str8. lettme know how it goes
Old 01-04-2005, 05:13 PM

Thanks! I will definitely let you know how things go. Btw, do you know what color wire is the remote?

And, I will be keeping the stock HU.

Thanks again.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:27 AM

well if going off your stock HU then your gonna have to look it up in a manual more than likely RED is always power but if using a new cd player its should be the red 1 sometimes they come w. a yellow or blue wire labeled remote turn on lead are u keeping stock HU and also adding a new cd player or just putting amp and subs using you stock cd player??
Old 01-05-2005, 11:39 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

just get an "hi/lo" adapter from an audio shop. they'll know what it is just explain what you need. that adapter hooks up to the speaker wires behind the radio. in the adapter it has outputs for an amp. so it takes the sound from the radio and makes an RCA output wich is an LOW output for subs. all you have to do is run all the power wires to run the amp and that it...............
Old 01-05-2005, 05:06 PM

THe way it works in my car is there is they disconnected the sub and there is a hi/lo coverter (like tek-nig said) on the line that used to feed the stock sub. THey did not have to remove my head unit or anything of that nature. If you have the 8 speaker stereo i guess they would take it from a left channel speaker... (i have the 7 speaker stereo as opposed to 8... i dont know how they come in the 6th gen) I hooked up a phoenix gold 1500w octane r amp to 2 12" audiobahn in a sealed box.. sounds great... I've heard about the kicker series of subs and i'll bet they sound awesome..
Old 01-05-2005, 07:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Does this work without navi?
Old 01-05-2005, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by DeusExMaxima
Does this work without navi?
yea, it would.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:10 PM

this is another one, this one plugs right into the oem bose radio. the Pac AOEM-NIS2 adapter.

check ebay.......... for bout 35 dollars or so.....
Old 01-06-2005, 07:31 PM

Not to thread jack, but how did you giys get your power wire through that damn firewall? Did you drill a hole or is there a groumet?
Old 01-07-2005, 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by serpentkilla
Not to thread jack, but how did you giys get your power wire through that damn firewall? Did you drill a hole or is there a groumet?
I usually get that done by a pro, I can't stand to see anybody or myself drill a hole in any of my cars........
Old 01-07-2005, 10:58 PM

please theres plenty of gromets or predilled holes in your firewall and if u cant find 1 look at your fireall at a generally clear area knock on it make sure theres nuttin in its way on either side and drill away Iknwo its a lilun nerving but it must be doen and def aint owrth taking to any othe rerson to do the same thing if u do go thru firewall double insulate w. more electrical tape and corrugated tubing from auto zone very imp u dont want your + post shorting thru your firewall by rubbing on the metal. It will save you in the long run.
Old 01-08-2005, 04:37 AM

please theres plenty of gromets or predilled holes in your firewall and if u cant find 1 look at your fireall at a generally clear area knock on it make sure theres nuttin in its way on either side and drill away Iknwo its a lilun nerving but it must be doen and def aint owrth taking to any othe rerson to do the same thing if u do go thru firewall double insulate w. more electrical tape and corrugated tubing from auto zone very imp u dont want your + post shorting thru your firewall by rubbing on the metal. It will save you in the long run.
Yeah ima do it myself if it's nice out this weekend. Thanks
Old 01-08-2005, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
this is another one, this one plugs right into the oem bose radio. the Pac AOEM-NIS2 adapter.

check ebay.......... for bout 35 dollars or so.....

took me 5 min
Old 01-10-2005, 08:00 AM

Just put in my order for the 12" Kicker Solo-Baric S12L72 subwoofer, Kicker Amp KX600.1, amplifier wiring kit and the Pac AOEM-NIS2 adapter for the factory Bose radio.

Does anybody have detailed instructions on how to get behind the factory radio to install the Pac AOEM-NIS2 adapter and what color wire would be the remote wire to run to the amp?

Thanks, I will post some pics when I'm done installing this weekend. Going to take my time and make it look nice. Don't want to screw anything up, so any help is greatly appreciated.