6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

WHY and QUESTION??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 11:37 PM
jonniewaka

WHY and QUESTION??

1)does anyone know why my car makes this wheaving nosie when i put the ac or the heater on and off high to low..AND 2)another thing is when i go around 110 i feel shaking and vibration crazy in my steering wheel..it did not happen to me before but now every time i push it happens..does this happen to anyone??and 3)another question is does anyone have subwoofers in there trunk with amps..i jsut got a 15 inch subwoofer and amp and etc but needed to know what boxes will fit in the trunk anyone had sized there trunk yet??please help a NOOB out..

Old 01-06-2005, 11:54 PM

jonnie - I'm not into woofers, but am interested in the shaking at 110.

I somehow feel this is not the dreaded shimmy we normally discuss here, which has little effect on any portion of the car but the steering wheel. There is no bouncing or vibrating of the rest of the car with the dreaded shimmy, which most often happens at a small speed range in the fifties, although sometimes higher or lower.

As your car was not doing this until recently, my first guess would be a tire may have lost a weight, or otherwise gotten out of balance. There is also the possibility a tire has had an internal failure, and is now out-of-round (or worse).

I would look very carefully at each tire, and if I saw nothing wrong, I would take the car to a tire store who has a Hunter 9000 type machine and tell them you want these tires balanced very carefully. Tell them they 'go ape' at 110, and you want to know why.

Let us know what you find.
Old 01-07-2005, 04:00 AM

Also, just my 2 cents, but make sure the tires are inflated to the proper PSI. SE is 32 PSI front and rear, and SL - check under the arm rest for PSI levels. Good luck!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:15 AM

"does anyone know why my car makes this wheaving nosie when i put the ac or the heater on and off high to low?"

My nosie sometimes makes a wheaving noise, but it's just sinus trouble.

Mike
Old 01-07-2005, 03:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Mike_TX
"does anyone know why my car makes this wheaving nosie when i put the ac or the heater on and off high to low?"

My nosie sometimes makes a wheaving noise, but it's just sinus trouble.

Mike
hahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahhaahahahhahahahahahah ahahahhaahhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah............ ............................