6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

7 in a day!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 04:25 PM

7 in a day!!!!!

Seven comments, yes 7 in one day. Four at the gas station, one at the Bank and two while detailing the inside of baby girl.

The two comments that took the cake were from two employees that worked at Sutherlin Nissan. As I got out of the max to pay for the gas two females asked me, "did you have your car painted that color or did you buy it that way."
Of course, I told them, "I bought it this way," then they asked, "what year is it." I then replied, "2004".
They looked puzzled and one said, "you sure because we work at Sutherlin and we have never seen that color," the other female replied, "I guess they just made one."
I then replied, "Naw they made a few this color but only for 2004 as the intro model."
Before then an older lady in a white toyo camary asked me if that was a lexus I was in, I smiled and politely answered, "no mam it's a nissan maxima."
When I was getting back into the max after paying for the gas, this younger guy getting out of a civic asked, "is it a manual or auto," I told him, "6sp" he then replied, "damn I betcha it can get out." I then said, "yeah it can do little something," being as moddest as I can.
After leaving the gas station I went over to the bank and a guy was working on the atm, so after he finished I pulled up with all windows down cause it's like 62 degrees.
When I pulled up the dude asked me, "how you liking the maxima?" I replied, loving it!" Then he went on to mentioned that his friend has a silver sl and he likes what nissan has done to the maxima.
I then threw up the peace sign and said, " yeah me too." and went on and made my transactions at the atm because cars were behind me.
The last two came from a couple expecting their first in a couple of months. I was using the vacuum and saw them approaching. They said, " sorry to bother you but can we look at you car." I said, "sure go ahead."
After looking inside and out they mentioned they were looking for a bigger car and he had been telling her that they didn't need a minivan to accomadate one child. I then threw in my .02 and said," of course not, I have two kids and it's more than enough room." I asked when are they due, he told me in a couple of months and I told him congrads and that was that, they walk back to their mitsu marage. 7 in a day
Old 01-07-2005, 04:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2005, 04:48 PM

Nice **** nikka, its cuz that color. I wanted to get that color but I didn't pay for the car. My dad did lolol. Maybe I'll pay for the next Gen Maxima.
Old 01-07-2005, 05:52 PM

Wow, I think you might have broke a record. Just reinforces what we already know is an awesome car. Ember is such a rare color, I have never seen one in person. Post some pics, I want to see her.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:09 PM

You got any pics? I want to see!

That color sounds HOT!
Old 01-07-2005, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by NIKV69
You got any pics? I want to see!

That color sounds HOT!
Its the Orange Color, I have seen only two around here. One at the dealer and another driving around.
Old 01-08-2005, 12:12 AM

There are only four burnt ember's that I have seen in this county in 22 months of looking (since the '04s came out). I can tell them apart by their tag numbers. I can't help but notice the driver's of the burnt ember Maximas seem to have their heads just a little higher, and have a slightly wider smile, than we drivers of '04s or a 'lesser color'.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:31 AM

i agree. i love this color. it one of the reasons i bought the car. i have gotten so many compliments its ridiculous, i even got a compliment from some guy driving a mercedes c-class amg. my dad has an 00 and he wont drive mine cause it makes him mad. pretty funny but the main thing i love is the color.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:37 PM

Hey I got 3 compliments today... All while washing the car in the driveway.
Old 01-08-2005, 05:46 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

it must be this color here

not my pic..........................................
Old 01-08-2005, 08:56 PM

I am too stupid to post my pics. I give.
But it is like the re above w/ spoiler and all stock blk cloth 6spd.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq

i know its mine,god i miss her.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:39 AM
KC's FINEST

Its not just the color.... Its the whole damn package!!
Old 01-09-2005, 09:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq

Beautiful !

Bob
Old 01-10-2005, 08:17 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

there are a few of those in brooklyn..... its nice if its hooked up te right way!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:03 PM

Mine is radiant ember too...I love the colour!! My boss calls it the pumpkin car, but I know he is just jelous!!

When I took it in for an oil change I saw a 350z that was the same colour...wish I could afford to own both!
Old 01-27-2005, 10:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Looking at your post. Where I live Ive seen about 4 of them all SE's. One has the G35 sedan wing on the back. Looks real nice. Is the G35 sedan wing an option for the 6th gen maximas? Ive seen two 6th gen's a burnt orange and a silver one around here with them. And it looks good too!
Old 01-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Maxima addiction cured w/ the GS pill

Correct me if i'm wrong, but they stopped making maxes in RE for '05, right?
And if they did, why?? It's such a hot color!
Old 01-28-2005, 04:02 AM

That is a nice color....that's was when I first saw the new Max in that color......I thought it was HOT....I wonder why you don't see many of them in that color anymore....
Old 01-28-2005, 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by rnupetroop
Seven comments, yes 7 in one day. Four at the gas station, one at the Bank and two while detailing the inside of baby girl.

The two comments that took the cake were from two employees that worked at Sutherlin Nissan. As I got out of the max to pay for the gas two females asked me, "did you have your car painted that color or did you buy it that way."
Of course, I told them, "I bought it this way," then they asked, "what year is it." I then replied, "2004".
They looked puzzled and one said, "you sure because we work at Sutherlin and we have never seen that color," the other female replied, "I guess they just made one."
I then replied, "Naw they made a few this color but only for 2004 as the intro model."
Before then an older lady in a white toyo camary asked me if that was a lexus I was in, I smiled and politely answered, "no mam it's a nissan maxima."
When I was getting back into the max after paying for the gas, this younger guy getting out of a civic asked, "is it a manual or auto," I told him, "6sp" he then replied, "damn I betcha it can get out." I then said, "yeah it can do little something," being as moddest as I can.
After leaving the gas station I went over to the bank and a guy was working on the atm, so after he finished I pulled up with all windows down cause it's like 62 degrees.
When I pulled up the dude asked me, "how you liking the maxima?" I replied, loving it!" Then he went on to mentioned that his friend has a silver sl and he likes what nissan has done to the maxima.
I then threw up the peace sign and said, " yeah me too." and went on and made my transactions at the atm because cars were behind me.
The last two came from a couple expecting their first in a couple of months. I was using the vacuum and saw them approaching. They said, " sorry to bother you but can we look at you car." I said, "sure go ahead."
After looking inside and out they mentioned they were looking for a bigger car and he had been telling her that they didn't need a minivan to accomadate one child. I then threw in my .02 and said," of course not, I have two kids and it's more than enough room." I asked when are they due, he told me in a couple of months and I told him congrads and that was that, they walk back to their mitsu marage. 7 in a day

All of this is becauseyou have a damn nice car! Congrats on all of those comments... The cars are truly nice... Take care of it!
Old 01-28-2005, 04:57 AM

Sounds like a typical day for me too! Hey by the way....NICE CAR!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by maxmale
i know its mine,god i miss her.
Man, Did you have to pay extra for all the wheel gap in front? What size rims are those? I didn't think the 6th gen had a wheel gap prob (God knows my 5th gen did)
Old 01-29-2005, 08:41 AM

Yeh, if it weren't for my son letting me know that he like the re color, I would have went with another color. Kids and their amazing senses.
The Maximas are just overall an eyecatching car, no matter what color.