6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Question on Eibach springs

Old 01-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Question on Eibach springs

It's been a while since I've posted anything...

I need your help...

My car's currently at the bodyshop for Stillen body kit installation, expecting it to be completed by the end of this week. As soon as it comes out of the bodyshop, I'm taking it to a local motor store to install Greddy SPII, Injen CAI, and (Eibach springs)

Here is my question concerning the Eibachs...

Does anyone know what is the current length of stock front & rear springs? I already have 20" wheels, and it appears there's alot of room to lower for the front but pretty flush in the back. My main purpose for lowering was to eliminate the space in the front, but not the rear...

1. Are the Eibachs already lower than the stock springs?
2. If Eibachs are already lower than stocks, do I still need to lower (and how much) the fronts?
3. How about rear? Would it make my rear wheels tuck into the car? I like the way it is right now for the rear... Nice and flush (about an inch space) If the tires get tucked into the car, it would wear only the insides of tires...
4. Would it be ok to just cut the stock springs for the front, IF Eibachs were going to make my rear tuck in?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 01-18-2005, 11:24 AM
Maxima of the Month Winner

Originally Posted by koreanmaximan
It's been a while since I've posted anything...

I need your help...

My car's currently at the bodyshop for Stillen body kit installation, expecting it to be completed by the end of this week. As soon as it comes out of the bodyshop, I'm taking it to a local motor store to install Greddy SPII, Injen CAI, and (Eibach springs)

Here is my question concerning the Eibachs...

Does anyone know what is the current length of stock front & rear springs? I already have 20" wheels, and it appears there's alot of room to lower for the front but pretty flush in the back. My main purpose for lowering was to eliminate the space in the front, but not the rear...

1. Are the Eibachs already lower than the stock springs?
2. If Eibachs are already lower than stocks, do I still need to lower (and how much) the fronts?
3. How about rear? Would it make my rear wheels tuck into the car? I like the way it is right now for the rear... Nice and flush (about an inch space) If the tires get tucked into the car, it would wear only the insides of tires...
4. Would it be ok to just cut the stock springs for the front, IF Eibachs were going to make my rear tuck in?

Thanks in advance for your help!!
Answers:

1. Yes (Duh! They are called "lowering springs" for a reason) Two inches in the front and 7/8" in the back.

2. Depends on how much more of the gap you want to eliminate. I lowered my car another inch, front and back.

3. A little "tuck" in the back won't hurt. If you don't want the "tuck", don't lower the back. And your tires won't wear on the insides if you get the car re-aligned (Which you need to do whenever you lower a car).

4. Do not cut the stock springs! That's bush league and just screws your suspension up. Like I have said before, If you can afford to buy a $30000 car, you can afford to spend a couple hundred bucks and do it right!