6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Need "poor man's search"

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 08:23 AM

Need "poor man's search"

A while back there was a nice thread which listed a couple of ways to use yahoo or google to search only on maxima.org forums for certain things. It was lablelled a 'poor man's search' and the link was very useful but I lost it. Does anyone have these handy? They could be a part of the forum FAQ (I looked but didn't see one that had this information)

Thanks all!
Old 01-24-2005, 09:51 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I believe this is what you're looking for:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....man%27s+search

Bob
Old 01-24-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm needing a caw

I don't know. You just spent $30+ grand on a 6-gen but don't want to spend $20 to gain access to OT and easy search? Sorta odd.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:18 PM

Never said I wouldn't/won't contribute. I was a paying member of j-body.org until I traded in my cavalier, so chill out!

But to be fair, it's not readily advertised that $20 will get you those features. At least not to the point that a regular reader would know it. I like to contribute by assisting others and participating.

And thanks again SilverBelle for coming to the rescue with a helpful reply.
Old 01-24-2005, 12:24 PM
I'm needing a caw

Originally Posted by Smoke_Screen
Never said I wouldn't/won't contribute. I was a paying member of j-body.org until I traded in my cavalier, so chill out!
Never said you would either.

But to be fair, it's not readily advertised that $20 will get you those features. At least not to the point that a regular reader would know it. I like to contribute by assisting others and participating.
But it's been discussed in the feedback many times. But even though, I volunteered the info anyway.

And thanks again SilverBelle for coming to the rescue with a helpful reply.
So I'm guessing you won't be contributing soon as you now have the poor man's search now? So you never said you wouldn't, but you are very much implying that you won't right?

I'm just saying that even one helpfull post will save you much more than $20. So even $20 is not much to pay for OT and search. Especially when it's considered a donation anyway.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:40 AM

I hate to even bump this thread, but not replying would implicate me in regards to your accusations. If you're trying to prod me into madly donating my $20, I probably don't have to say "That's not going to work". A friendly notification that "Yo, by the way if you donate 20 bucks you can have XYZ" would be much more effective than giving me a hard time for asking the question. At least by using the google forum search I can reduce the amount of duplicated posts, and that should show I'm trying to reduce the load on the site instead of being lazy and just posting whenever I have a question without caring or thinking it's probably been asked before.

If / when I do donate it won't be to gain access to either the search, or the off topic forum . it will be because I want to support a site that continues to support me, not berate me.

With that said, thanks for the info on donating, and I am just as likely to donate today as I was to donate yesterday, or the day before that, or ....
Old 01-25-2005, 08:45 AM
I'm needing a caw

I'm just saying, the ability to search alone is worth the $20. You don't have to donate. I don't think you ever intented to. It's okay to admit that.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I'm just saying, the ability to search alone is worth the $20. You don't have to donate.
Agreed on both points.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I don't think you ever intented to. It's okay to admit that.
I guess you got me. I'm such a leech on society. I've been on welfare for 20 years but I work under the table making 100,000 a year and I just had to find another way to get something for nothing. So I thought, hey why not join a discussion board with the explicit intent of never donating to it! That'll really be a great plan I thought....and here we are. I just never expected anyone to bust me! I would have gotten away with it to if it weren't for you kids and that pesky dog!

oh dang....I didn't want to do that....Im just playin, I love this org! And all the admins too - thanks to all!
Old 01-25-2005, 10:23 AM
I'm needing a caw

Don't be so hard on yourself. Again, most here don't donate.

Originally Posted by Smoke_Screen
I guess you got me. I'm such a leech on society. I've been on welfare for 20 years but I work under the table making 100,000 a year and I just had to find another way to get something for nothing. So I thought, hey why not join a discussion board with the explicit intent of never donating to it! That'll really be a great plan I thought....and here we are. I just never expected anyone to bust me! I would have gotten away with it to if it weren't for you kids and that pesky dog!

oh dang....I didn't want to do that....Im just playin, I love this org! And all the admins too - thanks to all!