6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Elite package owners......

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 06:14 AM

Elite package owners......

you like? is itr worth it?
i am hoping to order a new max in the next year or so. i really love the look of the console in the back with the heated seats and sunshade option. however i will be tinting my windows and i am trying to think how many time i have 5 people riding in my current 96 max?

wanted to know owners thoughts!

thanks
Old 01-31-2005, 10:42 AM

Well im 23, the only reason i did not get the elite package is because the rear console will not make it comfortable for my lady friends. And i cant tell you all the times ive had 3 friends in the back( once had 5 in the back). But this is just me, i have a lot of friends and i dont care to take a girl to the motel, when the back seat is available. But if i was older i would prefer the elite package. :/
Old 01-31-2005, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by too_Da_MAX
Well im 23, the only reason i did not get the elite package is because the rear console will not make it comfortable for my lady friends. And i cant tell you all the times ive had 3 friends in the back( once had 5 in the back). But this is just me, i have a lot of friends and i dont care to take a girl to the motel, when the back seat is available. But if i was older i would prefer the elite package. :/
haha! well, i am 23 as well, but married. so i dont have to worry about women in the back seat--and if i do, im sure the car will soon be owned by my wife as well as my home and everything else that i own would be hers too.

my wife drives a 2003 Trailblazer, so if we ever "need" the room i could always take her car, but i just really like the looks of the elite pics that i ahve seen, but i still havent seen one in person, nor real pics---just what nissan has available. the heated rear seats and the division with the console, i love. oh well, c'mon elite owners, speak up
Old 01-31-2005, 01:28 PM

Well I am 34 and I would like 3 women in my backseat just don't tell my wife. Boy! the problems that you are faced with at 23.
Automon
Old 01-31-2005, 03:08 PM

Elite package is great. The console keeps my two boys separated and in their "own space". The extra storage bins are great for their gameboys, portable dvd player, etc., etc. The pass thru to the trunk is useful on roadtrips where we place a cooler in the trunk for snacks and drinks. The heated seats have come in handy as well with temps in the -25 C range for more than the usual amount this year. We also have an alternate vehicle if hauling is required ('02 Xterra SC). My SE is loaded except for navi and sunroof. Couldn't justify the extra 2500 for navi, when i can use my laptop with Streets and Trips, and the sunroof would never get used anyway (have one in the Xterra and used it maybe twice).
Old 01-31-2005, 03:40 PM

I chose the non elite because the back seat only has the small pass through door in the elite.

It is nice to have the entire rear seat back fold down on the non elite and I have used it several times.

I also use my max for business, and I occasionally have 5 folks in the car.

Either way, the max is a great automobile and it is inexpensive! Good luck!
Old 01-31-2005, 10:57 PM

i have an 04 se elite and i like the center console for the reason being that your not crowding people into a car and this way all four passengers are very comfrotable. theres nothing more i hate than being crowded in a car. like somebody mentioned above about having three people in the back, definately a no no. believe it or not, the rear sunshade screen has come in handy. ive also been thinking about converting the big storage compartment in the center console into a mini refrigerator. i think this would be cool. you guys think its possible. well i know its possible. with money, anythings possible. just my .02
Old 02-01-2005, 05:29 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love my elite - ordered it as one of the first ones in town, and before Nissan allowed you to order it without the nav - but I wanted it so I popped for the fully loaded SE thinking that the nav was just a toy. Boy was I glad I did it! The look is great, the nav is priceless, and as I rarely have anyone in the back seat (including my wife) the Max is GREAT!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:00 AM

Dude...what about any stains...?

Originally Posted by too_Da_MAX
Old 02-01-2005, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by EdRomo86
i have an 04 se elite and i like the center console for the reason being that your not crowding people into a car and this way all four passengers are very comfrotable. theres nothing more i hate than being crowded in a car. like somebody mentioned above about having three people in the back, definately a no no. believe it or not, the rear sunshade screen has come in handy. ive also been thinking about converting the big storage compartment in the center console into a mini refrigerator. i think this would be cool. you guys think its possible. well i know its possible. with money, anythings possible. just my .02
Carefull with doing a mini-fridge! After a travel your fridge will get warm again and will tend to condesate and possibly ruin fabric in your car! Not to mention leaks etc.. A portable is good if you can make it modular , take it out when your car is not being used for long travels and place something else in the spot in the mean time..

Come to think of it, that would be nice to have a modular console .. from fridge -> TV / Gaming or just plain storage!
Old 02-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I have the elite package and love it. It really seems to set the car apart from your run of the mill 30k cars. Mine is Smoke with 28% tint, and frost interior. With the light interior and legal tint, I still use the sunshade occasionally. Go for the elite!! If there are 3 people that need to ride in the back, you could always put them in the trunk and they could stick their head through the rear console door.
Old 02-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I bought elite package mainly for the onyx/burnt orange combo. The only drawback is the small trunk pass through. Looks great though.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

elite guy

the elite package is worth it. its more luxurios and it keeps the weight of the rear susp.
Old 02-04-2005, 05:18 AM

The two-up backseat is perfect. All the more reason there is no piling in my car to go places. If more than 4, we need to rent a van.