6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Looking 4 Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Looking 4 Help

I am in the middle of looking for a 2004 2005 Maxima, I am curious to hear about the problems that they have and as well the things that are loved about them...
Old 02-08-2005, 06:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Have you concidered reading the threads in this forum?
Old 02-08-2005, 09:28 PM

New2theGame -

Welcome to the forum. You will find help for almost any 6th gen problem here.

A full answer to your post could blow the server. I would agree with CanadianMoFo that the best approach might be to begin at the top and scan back through the threads as long as you feel may be advisable.

You will usually know by the title which threads may be of use/interest to you. Just ignore the others. Don't be misled into feeling the Maxima is worthless because of the many problems reported here. Many other Maxima drivers don't come here to post because they don't have problems.

As you encounter specific questions for which you can find no answer in these posts, fire away, and somebody will help.

Again, welcome.
Old 02-09-2005, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by lightonthehill
New2theGame - A full answer to your post could blow the server. I would agree with CanadianMoFo that the best approach might be to begin at the top and scan back through the threads as long as you feel may be advisable. You will usually know by the title which threads may be of use/interest to you. Just ignore the others. Don't be misled into feeling the Maxima is worthless because of the many problems reported here. Many other Maxima drivers don't come here to post because they don't have problems.
As always "light" gives good advice. But to help, you might look at a few of these threads:

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....7&page=1&pp=30
This is 4 "pages" of what people on this site like about the 6th Gen Max.

All Maximas have the same great engine. You can read about it on this thread:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....0&page=1&pp=30

The biggest "problem" that developed in some 2004's (I did not have it) was the shimmy in the steering wheel. This thread has 10 pages of discussion on this problem:
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....5&page=1&pp=30

Then there are different "problems with the SE and the SL, with the 4-speed auto trannie, the 5-speed auto trannie, and the 6-speed manual trannie. Depending on which used Max you buy, that will determine which may apply to your car. Rather than clog this up with more threads that may not apply to you, just check it all out.
Old 02-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Hey Thanks guys, my wife says Passat, but I think we are goin to go with the Maxima.