6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Problem with factory installed XM

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 08:47 AM

Problem with factory installed XM

I'm having the "loading" problem with XM radio as described here. My service advisor is being a jerk about it and I need some more ammo before going and speaking with his manager tomorrow.

First, there is a site or a PDF that has the instructions for installing XM. This error is described in the troubleshooting section and replacing the XM receiver is the recommended action. I need a link so I can print that out for tomorrow.

Second, what's the 1-800 number I can call if the manager is a jerk also? I don't plan on having problems but I want to be prepared for the worst.

Thanks,
Robert
Old 02-09-2005, 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Robert_J
I'm having the "loading" problem with XM radio as described here. My service advisor is being a jerk about it and I need some more ammo before going and speaking with his manager tomorrow.

First, there is a site or a PDF that has the instructions for installing XM. This error is described in the troubleshooting section and replacing the radio is the recommended action. I need a link so I can print that out for tomorrow.

Second, what's the 1-800 number I can call if the manager is a jerk also? I don't plan on having problems but I want to be prepared for the worst.

Thanks,
Robert
Robert-

I'm not sure it's replacing the radio - I bought my XM receiver from Grubbs, and there was an issue with some of the earlier units where they simply locked up in the 'LOADING' phase. The fix was to replace the XM receiver, *not* the radio (head unit) itself. I don't know of any documentation on it, but you may want to contact Grubbs to see if they can email you something that you can use with your local dealer to get it replaced. Is the vehicle still under warranty? If so, they should replace it anyway and it shouldn't matter. Any way you can try a different dealer?

Good Luck!
-Myron
Old 02-09-2005, 11:15 AM

I mean't "replace the XM receiver". It's my default radio since that's all I listen to now. I've corrected it in my original post.

Is the vehicle still under warranty?
Yes. That's the problem. The service guy is giving me some BS run-around that my car's VIN is too early to have XM. Yes, I special ordered it with XM before any cars were being pre-wired for it but that shouldn't make a difference. This guy is just a flunky with no real power. That's why I want to be prepared when I hit the manager's office tomorrow.

-Robert