6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

KONI custom struts???

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 08:51 PM

KONI custom struts???

I went to activetuning.com to purchase front struts, and when i clicked "buy" it brought to a warning screen that I had to agree to, saying that some maxima's have been found to make strange noises, especially when turning. What is this about? I already bought the KYB's, going to maximum tuning to install them tomorrow, but I've never had to agree to a waiver before buying a car part! Whats going on with the struts? Anyone know anything about this??
Old 02-16-2005, 09:17 PM
SuPeRmOd

i kinda feared this. they are using oem maxima struts to make these koni ones. many 04 struts have gone bad (like mine right now). if i ordered these, i would make sure they used my new redesigned ones (tough if you have no second car) or the same part #.

this is just my hypothesis.

anyone else with solid info? i would ask them what's up while ordering on the phone before agreeing to any waiver.

"what warranty? you checked the waiver"
Old 02-17-2005, 03:54 PM

Just to explain, the only part of the OEM strut we use is the shell....and this is used to make the new Koni cartridge fit onto the Maxima. So your OEM struts going bad have nothing to do with the new ones, as the OEM we use are completely gutted out. If you'd like more information on the complete process, shoot me a PM or e-mail, and I'll give you a rundown.

The reason for the waiver is because this is meant as a DIY that we do for you. We don't want to sell it is a "product" but more as a service. Installation plays a big part in making sure everything works correctly...we've had issues in the past where people heard some noises, but it was due to faulty installation, and the issues were then resolved.

We have thoroughly tested this setup with no problems.

If you guys have any other questions or concerns about any part of the process or the result, please don't hesistate to post, or get in touch with me directly.