6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Maintanence Plus/Security Extended Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Nations 1st 6th Gen Turbo

Knowing me, I'd probably trade the car before any extended warrenty kicked in. My decision is also based on how I house my vehicle (garaged), drive it, road conditions (smooth), my vehicle maintenance schedule (always on it), etc which all have an effect on potential breakdowns of a vehicle.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:28 PM

There are several companies that will offer warranties for your car after you purchase it. I received a few solicitations in the mail shortly after I brought my Max home. Of course, I threw them away so I can't tell you who they are. Check Google.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:11 AM

I purchased the 7 year/100K extended service contract. Basically covers all issues except wear/tear items such as brakes. I paid $1600 for it. I did it because I plan on keeping this MAX for sometime but I also felt with all the front end suspension problems I wouldn't take a chance of getting nailed to the wall after the warranty expired.

First time I have purchased an extended service contract on a car. Note use of word service contract for warranty contract. Hope it pays for itself.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I got the 6/100 version and the bank I borrowed from to buy the car lowered my rate to subsidize the cost of the warranty. I guess the theory is that if the car is running and worry-free with a warranty, the bank stands a much better chance of collecting interest to maturity on the loan.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:03 PM

Extended warranty purchase timeframe

When (how late) can you purchase the Security+Plus extended warranty from Nissan?
I purchase my 2006 Maxima, brand new, last week. Do I have to purchase it NOW or can I wait for a year or two, before my 36,000 miles are up?!

Also, what is a fair price to pay for B-2-B upto 80k+ miles?

Thx.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by NismoMax80
i bought it. looking at the term extention wouldn't make sense. but once 3/36000 is up, many things are extended with this. plus you get road side assistance and a loaner. you're buying a close to bumper to bumper for the entire mileage.

get it, but perhaps shop around.

I concur- Did the same thing for my 05 sl
Old 10-12-2005, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by dashingMax
When (how late) can you purchase the Security+Plus extended warranty from Nissan?
I purchase my 2006 Maxima, brand new, last week. Do I have to purchase it NOW or can I wait for a year or two, before my 36,000 miles are up?!

Thx.

As I said, you can buy the extended warranty any time within the 36/36,000 period, but the rate will increase with time and milage.

i am not sure what price is reasonable, but from what I heard 1600 for 7/100,000 is the reasonable.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:29 PM
http://www.cardomain.com/my/ed

Thx.
You should still have time to purchase one if the car is brand new. Most dealers offer it to you when you are finallizing your purchase. Most people get their warr. for arond the 1200 to 2000 dollar range. It depends on what type of warranty you get. You could always call other nissan dealers and check prices they vary greatly as do the price of the cars. Some dealers charge more to make more profits.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:08 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I looked at purchasing the 7/100K warranty when I purchased my '05 SE in march. The dealer offered me $1600 with $50 or $100 deductible. The day after I bought the car, I called dealers all over Texas and found one who would sell it for $1200. One of the dealers told me since it was the end of the month, they would match any other dealer's price. Also, you can buy an extended warranty over the phone. Don't let them make you go to the the dealer. Then they will pressure you into something else.

A few things to look out for: 1. The deductible applies on a per repair basis. If you take the car in to fix 3 things, then you pay the deductible three times. The dealer may not alway tell you that. So buy a 0 deductible if you can afford it.

2. Read the contract carefully. I asked for a copy of the contract, (it's also on the nissan website), and it said that the warranty does not cover stereo components. Since the Bose on my '95 was a constant headache, this was a must.

Eventually, I bought a 3rd party warranty from 1sourcewarranty.com. I paid about $1100, for the top plan with emissions and tire protection and 0 deductible. This was on the last day of the quarter, so they dropped the price by a few hundred.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Little95Max
I looked at purchasing the 7/100K warranty when I purchased my '05 SE in march. The dealer offered me $1600 with $50 or $100 deductible. The day after I bought the car, I called dealers all over Texas and found one who would sell it for $1200. One of the dealers told me since it was the end of the month, they would match any other dealer's price. Also, you can buy an extended warranty over the phone. Don't let them make you go to the the dealer. Then they will pressure you into something else.

A few things to look out for: 1. The deductible applies on a per repair basis. If you take the car in to fix 3 things, then you pay the deductible three times. The dealer may not alway tell you that. So buy a 0 deductible if you can afford it.

2. Read the contract carefully. I asked for a copy of the contract, (it's also on the nissan website), and it said that the warranty does not cover stereo components. Since the Bose on my '95 was a constant headache, this was a must.

Eventually, I bought a 3rd party warranty from 1sourcewarranty.com. I paid about $1100, for the top plan with emissions and tire protection and 0 deductible. This was on the last day of the quarter, so they dropped the price by a few hundred.

Hope this helps.

$1100??? That's a very good price for B-2-B warranty. I am gonna check that out.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:41 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

sec+

Security plus gold prefferred warranties are definetly a good value. They are right through nissan and good at any nissan dealer in the country, unlike aftermarket warrantys you find on the internet or gaff offers you get in the mail you won't have to worry about claims not being covered. If nissans didn't break down im sure they would give you a 100,000k factory warranty and wouldn't have million dollar service facilities to do only oil changes. Besides the motor and tranny these new cars have so much tech as far as senors, heated seat, motors, navi, bose sound systems that the gold preff covers. An ABS sensor alone will eat up atleast half of what you pay for a warranty. Also when you bring these cars to a nissan dealer, the vin report with the warranty prints right on the repair order, so instead of only fixing what they must(SAFETY RELATED) and going the less expensive route, they go through that car with a fine-tooth comb because nissan pays for it and the techs get paid the hours. So in a couple years say your a/c stops blowing as cold as new, instead of just a quick inexpensive recharge, your gonna get a brand new compressor, condesor etc(niss genuine parts). Now when you go to trade/sell the car with over 100k you have a fully serviced car documented by a nissan dealer. So for under 2,000 on a 30k machine, to insure years of worry free ownership how can you go wrong. Never mind the added ben. like rental, towing and roadside.
Old 10-12-2005, 01:57 PM

I was more interested in the extended warranty with the car rentals, towing, and roadside (like smokedse said).
Old 10-12-2005, 02:46 PM

One of the dealer offered me $1495 for 7y/100,000 miles warranty. I think I might go for it this time.
Four more years/64,000 miles more the original warranty, I guess this aren't.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:40 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nissan also offers 0% financing up to 17 payments on sec+ warrantys.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by smokedse
Nissan also offers 0% financing up to 17 payments on sec+ warrantys.

That sales man said I had to pay everything in full.
Guess he was just playing me.
Old 10-13-2005, 11:47 AM
SuPeRmOd

if they're cutting you a great deal, wouldn't you kinda expect them to want the money up front?
that's like how I told you since I paid mine in full, they reduced my Max cost some more to get payments I liked.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:19 AM

Nissan Security+Plus Gold Preferred extended warranty

Okay, so I've narrowed down to 4yr or 5yr/60k mile Nissan Security+Plus Gold Preferred warranty. My car is 1 week old with 300 miles on the odometer.
What is a fair price for this coverage with either $0 or $50 deductible? How much more would/should I pay to increase the coverage to 5yr/75k miles? Thanks in advance!
Old 10-16-2005, 10:16 AM

Security Plus Gold Preferred warranty

Originally Posted by kicks26
My dealer quoted me $1050 for the Gold Preferred Warranty Plus 72months and $1200 for the 84months. Seems like a good deal, i think. This was at the Schaumburg Nissan dealership in Illinois.
Do you remember who you talked to at Schaumburg Nissan? I'm in Chicagoland area & was wondering how much less would it be for 60k-75k mile warranty
Old 10-16-2005, 02:44 PM

Okay, so I've narrowed down to 4yr or 5yr/60k mile Nissan Security+Plus Gold Preferred warranty. My car is 1 week old with 300 miles on the odometer.
What is a fair price for this coverage with either $0 or $50 deductible? How much more would/should I pay to increase the coverage to 5yr/75k miles? Thanks in advance!
I got the Nissan extended warranty for 4yrs/50k miles because I have a 3-year 45,000 mile lease, and I was looking at the having the last 9,000 miles with no warranty. Cost was about $480, so I thought it was a fair deal.
Old 10-16-2005, 07:20 PM

4yr/60k for $600...

Comparing your price, I would assume that 4yr/60k mile warranty should not cost more than $600, right? Its time to call around & find out...
Old 10-17-2005, 01:06 PM

15,000 Service

i've got a maxima 05 that has about 22,000 miles on it now, had to take it in to nissan because the front rotors were warped anyways the tech calls me back and said i should get a 15,000 service maintance so im like how much is it, he said $299 plus tax blah blah and its $185 to get the rotors warped or machined is it worth it to get the 15,000 service maintance from the dealership or should i get it else were...?
Old 10-21-2005, 05:45 PM

Anyone familiar with this Identity personal recognition system? I purchased it with my new maxima today and not sure on it.

http://www.888notheft.com/888main/pa...ity_system.htm

I was told it may reduce my insurance rate currently have State farm. They all ready quoted me $99/mo without the device. Wonder how much this little device will save me? Hopefully, it will pay for the price, which was $429. Guy tried to roll it into the loan...no thanks rather pay out of pocket than end up paying $1000 at the end of the loan.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-21-2005, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ankit69
i've got a maxima 05 that has about 22,000 miles on it now, had to take it in to nissan because the front rotors were warped anyways the tech calls me back and said i should get a 15,000 service maintance so im like how much is it, he said $299 plus tax blah blah and its $185 to get the rotors warped or machined is it worth it to get the 15,000 service maintance from the dealership or should i get it else were...?
Get the 15,000 mile maintance done somewhere else or split between doing some yourself and the rest at a different shop. Check the owners manual and see what is required, stealerships charge way too much. I personally did it all myself. As for the rotors, that should be covered under warrenty and you should not have to pay squat. Warped rotors at 15,000 miles is a defect, play hardball...
Old 10-26-2005, 10:33 PM

I ended up not going with the "identity" system. Spoke to a few people and the price is too high for the quality of the product. Also, not much interested in carrying around two keychain modules.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 AM

Since I see the warranty issue coming up again on the board, I thought it would be worth it to post my findings. I knew I wanted the extended warranty, but I DIDN'T get it through my dealer when I bought my car.

In the couple weeks following the purchase of my car, I called every NISSAN dealer in a 100-mile radius and spoke with the warranty person. My conversation went something like this: Hi, I am going to buy a Security Plus Gold warranty for the Maxima I just purchased. I would like a quote on your lowest rates. I will be calling several other dealerships today, and if your quote is the lowest, you will be getting a call back from me.

Well, I did just that, and I got rates quoted that ranged ALL OVER a huge price range. Ended up with 6 year/72,000 miles and $100 deductible. Cost was $775. I had quotes for double that from other dealers.

SHOP AROUND!!!

Jane
Old 01-10-2006, 10:12 AM

ok, ignore the above post. Obviously posted in the wrong place, and now can't find where I meant to post it!

Jane
Old 01-10-2006, 10:16 AM

Since I see the warranty issue coming up again on the board, I thought it would be worth it to post my findings. I knew I wanted the extended warranty, but I DIDN'T get it through my dealer when I bought my car.

In the couple weeks following the purchase of my car, I called every NISSAN dealer in a 100-mile radius and spoke with the warranty person. My conversation went something like this: Hi, I am going to buy a Security Plus Gold warranty for the Maxima I just purchased. I would like a quote on your lowest rates. I will be calling several other dealerships today, and if your quote is the lowest, you will be getting a call back from me.

Well, I did just that, and I got rates quoted that ranged ALL OVER a huge price range. Ended up with 6 year/72,000 miles and $100 deductible. Cost was $775. I had quotes for double that from other dealers.

SHOP AROUND!!!

Jane
Old 01-10-2006, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by missjane
ok, ignore the above post. Obviously posted in the wrong place, and now can't find where I meant to post it!

Jane
OK, so do we ignore both post 65 and 67 since they are the same?

It's still good advice...

My guess is you may have been on page 1 or 2 of this thread when you responded to something and then it was posted on page 3 where it seemed to fall out.

It's all good...
Old 01-10-2006, 10:34 AM

I know, I am totally screwed up today.....must be the novacaine from the dentist this morning. Yes, good advice, so don't ignore!

So sorry for the mix-up!

Jane
Old 01-10-2006, 11:15 AM

I know, I am totally screwed up today.....must be the novacaine from the dentist this morning. Yes, good advice, so don't ignore!

So sorry for the mix-up!

Jane
I also sometimes ask the dentist for a little extra novacaine so I can bypass my brain for a day.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 AM

I got the warranty on the 05 Max back in January 05. Now we have 22k on the Max so it will prolly be out of the B2B from factory this year. SO, investing a little to make sure that the parts are covered isn't such a big deal to me. If you can afford it, get it. But, if your kids will go hungry cuz you spent the $, then don't. You have medical insurance but may never get sick. If your car gets sick it could cause you an arm and a leg, and looky there you are now sick and need your health insurance. Get it if you can. Cars are too expensive to repair and imagine not having it when you need it.

We also have a 2000 GLE that we thought we would only have for 3 years, and it was bought in Dec 99... Now it's January 06 with 111K and it's still in the family. Luckily nothing wrong with it... Get assurance, and I would get it through Nissan. May be a little more $, but you know that you can get help in Rhode Island if you find yourself stranded one day. I use it as an example since some places may not take it into consideration for coverage. My .03
Old 01-10-2006, 12:35 PM

Personally, I lease all my cars. I get very bored with a car at the 3 year mark, so I lease. Which is why I never opt for the extended warranty, it would not be advantgeous for me. I have owned 6 Nissan's and have not had any issues, other then poor brake components. They simply do not last. I believe this is definitely an area where Nissan skimps to keep costs down. My last car, a '03 Audi A4, I had it from new until 32k miles and never had to replace the breaks. They were simply that good. I always heard the Germans have great brake products and I can attest to that...if they can only fix their electrical systems.

Anyway, my $0.02.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:08 PM

Good Info!

SHOP AROUND!!!

Jane
Good Info...Thank you for your valuable input! BTW, that is indeed an excellent price. Maybe I should have my wife do the calling. A female voice might make a difference
Old 01-11-2006, 02:54 PM

thanks for the thread smoke lol you have the same name has the color of my car. funny wife said that she wanted spirited bronze with caffee latte interior. talked to the salesman. 6 days later i got the email with the order confirmation. it was smoke with charcoal interior. called the wifey and she said that when she went in to take the money and sign the buyers agreement she seen a smoke one in the show room and feel in love with it. im going to talk to the dealer and see what kind of deal he can work for me on the warranty. i have to give him credit he is a good guy. gave me the best price on the car out of everyone i talked to. 06 sl fully loaded only thing it doesnt have is vdc and the bucket seats in back (wife thinks all cars should have bench seats in the back) gave me the car for 30,200 i pay my own tax tags and titling. everyone else was in the 34.000 to 37.800 price range and kept telling me that the navigation and power sunroof is what was driving the price up.
Old 01-11-2006, 03:49 PM
SuPeRmOd

Originally Posted by dirtyo2000
gave me the car for 30,200 i pay my own tax tags and titling. everyone else was in the 34.000 to 37.800 price range and kept telling me that the navigation and power sunroof is what was driving the price up.

Best deal I've ever seen. Um, don't be took picky over the Ext Service. Whatever you pay, consider it free for that price. (those 2 features were driving up the price b/c they're dealer requests to make more $$)
Old 01-11-2006, 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Little95Max
How much did you guys pay for the Gold Preferred Plus Warranty? I got a quote of $1495 for 84months/100,000miles. The guy said the regular price was $2495.

I'll try and call around and see if another dealer can do better.
I paid $2,078 for the Security + Plus Gold Standard 84/100K with 0 deductable. I should have asked about the Preferred program. Shoot! What's the major differance from Gold standard to Gold Preferred?
Old 01-12-2006, 12:42 PM

Gold Preferred versus Standard difference

Originally Posted by 9Nails
What's the major differance from Gold standard to Gold Preferred?
According to Nissan website (link):
Security+Plus Gold Preferred
"24-hour roadside assistance, trip-interruption benefits and 17 different time and mileage options, plus all the coverage of Security+Plus Gold listed below"
Old 01-28-2006, 06:15 PM

Finally bought it

I finally bought my Gold Security Plus extended warranty I paid $1500 plus tax. Zero deductible and maximum coverage. Do you guys think that this was a good deal for the price or average or overpaid? From what I researched, this was an average to good deal. Like I said, its the one with ZERO deductible. They tried to sell me the one with $50 deductible and I was like, nope.