6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

Taillight conversion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 08:22 AM
KC's FINEST

Taillight conversion?

Anyone thought about setting your Max off from all the others?The guys over on the Altims site are gettin into all kinds of stuff. Check out this thread I found earlier..

Alti tails

Now thats some moddin.. FX45 tails..?
What do you guys think?

We need some new topics in here
Old 03-08-2005, 08:31 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

To each his own, but I'm not really feeling them. I agree with one of the posters though... they're just too small for the Altima's rear-end.

But props to the guy who did those though... they look like they took a whole lot of work.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:51 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i dont mean to invade the 6th gen forum

doesnt the FX have 2 tail lights, inner and outer? i think it woulda really worked better there with the inners too. so the trunk lid doesnt look so....HUGE. they have been doin this stuff for a while on the more common imports. ive seen a Neon with Alti tails on it, but it doesnt really seem practical on these cars (well, any car really). hes obviously goin for total show points with that, but im not feelin it.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by viguera
To each his own, but I'm not really feeling them. I agree with one of the posters though... they're just too small for the Altima's rear-end.

But props to the guy who did those though... they look like they took a whole lot of work.
yup, its quite small for the beautiful butt of the alti. but if the owner likes it, then I have no business saying that its ugly.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:08 AM

WOW! those Altima lights look bad ***! Very unique.

Nice call on the thread KC. Now whos going to step up?!?!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by KCMC582
i dont mean to invade the 6th gen forum

doesnt the FX have 2 tail lights, inner and outer? i think it woulda really worked better there with the inners too. so the trunk lid doesnt look so....HUGE. they have been doin this stuff for a while on the more common imports. ive seen a Neon with Alti tails on it, but it doesnt really seem practical on these cars (well, any car really). hes obviously goin for total show points with that, but im not feelin it.
Yeah the inner goes on the rear hatch and the outer on the body... I think he took the outer ones and mounted them, but even with the inner ones in, it's not that they're "short" so much as they're really narrow. You go from like 6 inches to 2, and the trunk just doesn't look right with them. Maybe if he didn't debadge it and there was something else back there, but as it is it just looks like too much trunk and too little tail lights.

But I agree with you, he gets points for trying to be different... It's just not my particular cup of tea.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:55 AM

taken from the dude with the converison "Exactly. Its a hobby for me too. Yes an expensive one but I have fun with it. I would like to see a return on my investment but I know that I wont yet I dont really care as long as I have fun with it. The way I see it is....I could spend money on drugs or other stuff I could get in trouble for......OR I could spend on my car-something I enjoys. Also for me I like the attention. So with me having a car no one else has, I get all sorts of attention goin up the road. So in a nutshell thats why I mod and will continue to do so

I would have spent the money on the drugs! LOL nah, its definitely different though. lights look too small on it.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:20 AM

Seems to small for the back. But looks good and i'm sure it wasn't easy. Unique, but not my taste.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM

U know how long it took the shop to do it? I always wantes a G35 conversion for mine. I love those LED's... I'm good for the conversion as long as i get my car back soon.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Maxima617
U know how long it took the shop to do it? I always wantes a G35 conversion for mine. I love those LED's... I'm good for the conversion as long as i get my car back soon.
That will entail body work though. One thing I have though of is buying a set of spare tails off of Ebay, splitting them apart and trying to dremmel the red out if possible. Wonder how they would look just clear, not Altezza style, just clear stock. I imagine it can be done, not sure though until I can do a surgery to a set. I do not know of anywhere that sells aftermarket 6th gen Maxima tail lights. 5th gen have them all over the place, Altima as well, all over the place. I have never even seen a pic of custom tails on a Maxima. Not that I have the Maxima tails, like them better than the Altima.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:01 PM
KC's FINEST

What are you thinkin carus, somethin like this:

I made these pics quite awhile ago, and alot of people seemed to shut'em down... In a way I agree, they do look "ricey" I was just wonderin how something "different" would look.

Mike
Old 03-08-2005, 06:14 PM

Those do not look bad at all. Looks nice on the Silver max, but i would not recommend it for the darker colors.

Originally Posted by KCmaxx

I made these pics quite awhile ago, and alot of people seemed to shut'em down... In a way I agree, they do look "ricey" I was just wonderin how something "different" would look.

Mike
Old 03-08-2005, 06:25 PM

jcberb: Where did the spoiler on that silver Max come from, I like it!!
Old 03-08-2005, 06:32 PM

I meant KCMAXX: Where did that silver car get the spoiler from. Its diferent and I like it.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:36 PM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Mike
still got those pics? HAHAHAH...." jcberb "and it does not look good on the silver max....
Old 03-08-2005, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by jcberb
Those do not look bad at all. Looks nice on the Silver max, but i would not recommend it for the darker colors.
I think they look better on the white one, not so hot on the silver. I dread to think what my Smoke would look like with those though... probably wouldn't like it at all.

Then again, maybe it'd be hot because of the contrast, I don't know.
Old 03-08-2005, 06:42 PM

The spoiler came from a Civic.....Hey if you like rice, it's a good look.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:07 PM
KC's FINEST

Originally Posted by jcton20s
The spoiler came from a Civic.....Hey if you like rice, it's a good look.

I was thinkin the same thing.... Somethin Honda. Im not saying I personally care for the clear tails, I was bored and was messin around w/photoshop. No need for the "Rice" jokes guys..
Old 03-08-2005, 07:11 PM

Not a fan of altezza style lights, even if they are all clear. Its bad enough i get nice altima all the time, that would just make them call it one more so.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:26 PM

Mike
I like the top one in a way. Different and not Altezza. Now...how to do it yourself. Any takers? Thanks KCmaxx. Good photoshop skills. These tails would actually match the headlights.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Banned

Oh GAG me! That altima looks TeRrIbLe!!!!! The color is the icing on the cake as far as the ugliness is concerned. sorry to whoever this may offend.
Old 03-08-2005, 08:13 PM

That is definitely one of the most stupid things I've seen EVER. That color is horrible and I don't even know where to start on those tails. UGH!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:42 AM

You don't think so tek...? I dunno man, i kinda like the way it appears in the pic. Oh well.

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
still got those pics? HAHAHAH...." jcberb "and it does not look good on the silver max....
Old 03-09-2005, 10:04 AM
my rear view mirrors flap like a f-ing bird

Originally Posted by jcberb
You don't think so tek...? I dunno man, i kinda like the way it appears in the pic. Oh well.
tell you the truth I like the tails in red, and the way they wrap around the side there. cool design. maybe if someone comes out with a cover similar to the headlight, that type of clear, I might go for it...
Old 03-09-2005, 02:30 PM
*moderator*

Those tails do look small but he did some really clean work, looks nice. I think it would be near impossible on our cars because the plastic bumper runs 1/5 of the way up and along the bottom of our tails. I'm no pro at this kind of task but I'd say it looks like A LOT of work...
Old 03-09-2005, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Tek-Niq
tell you the truth I like the tails in red, and the way they wrap around the side there. cool design. maybe if someone comes out with a cover similar to the headlight, that type of clear, I might go for it...
I like the stock tails as well, but just wanted to see some other options, ones I can love or hate. Really nothing out there. Do not want Altezza style ones, but just looking at different stuff right now. Some LED would be nice. Sad thing is...the 6th gen market has nothing really so far. Been a few years, you would think someone would develop something different. Our mods are few.