6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) Discussion of the 6th generation Maxima. Come see what others are saying.

AHH my shift knob..

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 10:02 AM

My damn **** had been feeling loose for a while, then one day off it came, i have dealt with it since then while i looked for something i liked, and I really like this nismo ****

Thing is i might have to remove the metal bar from my max to have it cut and threaded. Jayzmax04, did you remove the metal rod from your max before you sawed it off?

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
Silver, take it as a sign, go for an upgrade!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:07 AM

Dealership was going to charge me 60-80 bucks to have mine replaced. They told me i tried to take it off and broke it, i told them what happened and they said it wasn't covered in the extended warrantly. He actually suggested, being he noticed my mods, that i get an aftermarket ****. Momo is what he suggested, so now its time to look for something i like.
Old 03-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by jcberb
My damn **** had been feeling loose for a while, then one day off it came, i have dealt with it since then while i looked for something i liked, and I really like this nismo ****

Thing is i might have to remove the metal bar from my max to have it cut and threaded. Jayzmax04, did you remove the metal rod from your max before you sawed it off?
JCBerg,

Actually, I just sawed away inside my car. I was pretty careful seeing as the sawblade from the hacksaw was so close to the dash, but after about 5 minutes of back and forth, it came off no problem.

BTW, I did NOT have to do this, it would have fit just fine, but the heighth was just too tall for me.

Mine was a MOMO, and it came with good install equipt. Not sure about the Nismo, it sure looks sweet though.

Mine was also an AT, and it looks like you are going for manual. Not sure if theres a difference in the metal rod.

Bottom line, it fit easier than I thought. My thinking was if it didnt, I would just send it back (which I did anyway cuz of the bad "feel") New F16 on the way!
Old 03-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Mystery_Man
Dealership was going to charge me 60-80 bucks to have mine replaced. They told me i tried to take it off and broke it, i told them what happened and they said it wasn't covered in the extended warrantly. He actually suggested, being he noticed my mods, that i get an aftermarket ****. Momo is what he suggested, so now its time to look for something i like.
Wow, that is just such crap on the dealers part.

Is it me, or are everyones shifters suddenly FALLING OFF?!?!?

Whats next??
Old 03-14-2005, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jayzmax04
Wow, that is just such crap on the dealers part.

Is it me, or are everyones shifters suddenly FALLING OFF?!?!?

Whats next??
Well they also tried to tell me that my warranty was over and everything they did would be extra charged. I guess they forgot about the extended one. I haven't had to much luck with them.